How did you mount it?
drilled it to the cabinet above.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You didn't specify the type of truck but, in regards to the tv, I replied to a question about tv mounts in this thread.

I'e had it mounted in this matter for 11 months now and haven't had a single problem with it. The method would also work in a KW and Cascadia since the shelves have cable management holes in the corners of the shelves... just need a smaller cooler in those spaces to mount the wall mount to and a single ratchet strap. Its a serious redneck setup but it works without having to drill into company equipment... I just used what I had lying around the house unused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I jimmy rigged my 26" tv in my truck. I have a pete 379 with the little shelf sticking off the right side of my cab over the bed... I took a cheap cooler I wasn't using anymore and ratchet strapped it to that shelf... drilled 2 holes and put a 26"-32" tv mount right onto the side... then mounted my tv. When not in use (ie rolling) I throw a pretty hefty blanket over it and bungy strap it against the cooler & cabinet so it don't move. No scratches to date nor any problems either. This would still work in a cascadia with a smaller cooler and 1 ratchet strap. I don't know how others do it but.. this worked great for me.

And, before anyone asks, thats a DirecTV HD DVR underneath the cooler.. when stopped for an extended amount of time I toss a vuQube on the top of my cab and get satellite for the weekend.

Pics...

As for the rest of the sleeper... I filled the underbunk with 2 large plastic storage bins from Walmart (for extra and dry food and appliance storage) and a microwave and have 2 thin storage bins holding most of my clothes. I finally figured out a way to power my truckfridge refrigerator (had an OEM plug for a freightliner on it, which don't work on Peterbilts) this weekend so that'll be going into my passenger side closet and i'll still be using my coleman cooler just above that for extra cold storage for veggies, that way i'm not taking up valuable refrigerator space where I can put homecooked meals and lean cuisines. Then on the floor of the closet behind the driver I store my vuqube satellite dish and above that hang my coats and clothes I prefer not to get wrinkled.

I generally have my laptop up on the pass. seat as I use it as my GPS and, because i'm lazy, I have run an HDMI cable up to the front so when I want to watch netflix or hulu I just flip the TV over to the right input and run it that way. The laptop does bounce and move a bit so at some point i'm going to build a laptop holder for it where it'll secure both my laptop and canon printer, which I prefer to have since I have to print out so many permits for loads. I also have a 1tb hard drive I direct connect to the TV for my 530 movies and 300 tv episodes I burn from Netflix as well.