User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Before this gets out of hand we need to stop the name calling, EddieVHrules. If you are unhappy with the posts and how things run on this forum, please feel free to go somewhere else where you thing the posts do cut it.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Before this gets out of hand we need to stop the name calling, EddieVHrules. If you are unhappy with the posts and how things run on this forum, please feel free to go somewhere else where you thing the posts do cut it.
No. Sorry GMAN. I have nothing but the up most respect for you and most of the truckers on this board. I have been reading your responses for about 3 years now. You are a staple in this and any other forum you may visit. Don't mind me, I am just a newbie still trying to find himself.
Please forgive me and my nonsense.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
LOL.....It ain't easy at 54! I won't even try and do what kids can easily do....not now! Call me "Mr. 10's"!!! 10 hours of working......10 hours of sleeping!!!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Just saying but I have heard this is one of the easiest jobs for the money out there. Whether gas or water..fill up, move on the next stop...etc...Go home....and again....
Am i wrong??
Working long hours doesn't worry me whatsoever. So what am I honestly to be afraid of?...Making $1800 a week with a week off to boot?
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Senior Board Member

just wait until another company comes in and cuts the rates. it happens all the time. :smokin:
Old 10-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieVHrules View Post
Just saying but I have heard this is one of the easiest jobs for the money out there. Whether gas or water..fill up, move on the next stop...etc...Go home....and again....
Am i wrong??
Working long hours doesn't worry me whatsoever. So what am I honestly to be afraid of?...Making $1800 a week with a week off to boot?
I guess if they pay by the hour this might make sense but if they pay by the load or the barrel or the ton? ... and knowing how dismal the "roads" are, the mud, snow, long lines to off-load/load. If one really grossed $1800 week, he probably was actually commuting, working, or driving in excess of 96 hours ... extrapolated out comes to about $19 hour ... I can make $25 an hour moving my truck down the quiet interstate at a measly .42 cents a mile. No, I can't drive 96 hours a week, but I don't want to.

I guess for some [younger folks with no family] it may seem like (and be) a great job and more power them.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Well......since your out in Cali anyway.......IF you want to pull crude oil....there is an outfit there in Cali looking for drivers for Bakersfield, Santa Maria and Paso Robles.

Gazelle Transportation Inc.
Hi Orangetxguy!

Plans are to get on up to Montana one of these days soon. Found a possible Vac Driver job in Billings but it was for on call only. My son is still going to school at Montana State not to mention Cali is just going to heck.