Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   north dakota oilfields (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/41484-north-dakota-oilfields.html)

brian roberts 07-10-2011 12:51 AM

north dakota oilfields

What is the downside to driving a vac truck ?

Orangetxguy 07-10-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian roberts (Post 499918)
What is the downside to driving a vac truck ?

ROFLMAO!!!! You do a whole lot more than just drive a vac truck....especially in the oilfields. Be prepared to be bone azzed tired. Mud up to your arm pits at times....and just for the hell of it....slap on some crude oil. Trucks in the oilfields work under different HOS regulations. You get to "slide" on a lot of stuff roadies don't get to.

BUT....IF you do the job and work the hours they ask you to work....which are gonna be alot....You're gonna make a really decent living. Down here....rookies are starting at Key and basic at around $18 an hour.......experienced vac drivers are getting $28 without an argument. Work a hundred hours a week....and you make some goooood change.

Mr. Ford95 07-10-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Work a hundred hours a week....and you make some goooood change.
But at what cost to your body? :confused:

Orangetxguy 07-10-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 499943)
But at what cost to your body? :confused:

LOL.....It ain't easy at 54! I won't even try and do what kids can easily do....not now! Call me "Mr. 10's"!!! 10 hours of working......10 hours of sleeping!!!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

paulpoker 07-13-2011 08:39 PM

Money is not everything

crb 07-13-2011 08:44 PM

Yea but it buys everything else!

LOL :)

dewercs2 07-19-2011 02:50 AM

Hi Everyone! Been a long time...... I've been wondering about this same question for a bit now.... Drive Vac Truck in Montana or not...
being at work for upto 100hrs just doesnt sound appealing to me. I'm like you Orangetxguy, dont think my body could hang with those hours...

Orangetxguy 07-19-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2 (Post 500439)
Hi Everyone! Been a long time...... I've been wondering about this same question for a bit now.... Drive Vac Truck in Montana or not...
being at work for upto 100hrs just doesnt sound appealing to me. I'm like you Orangetxguy, dont think my body could hang with those hours...

Well......since your out in Cali anyway.......IF you want to pull crude oil....there is an outfit there in Cali looking for drivers for Bakersfield, Santa Maria and Paso Robles.

Gazelle Transportation Inc.

repete 09-22-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieVHrules (Post 503338)
LOL.. vids. The posts here just don't cut it.
lol...? LOL .

And this was one of them! LOL

EddieVHrules 09-22-2011 10:00 AM

Yea boozin and posting just don't mix. I still need to learn this! Forgive this idiot please!!