User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If I get stuck in a pack of trucks or behind a rig it'll take all day to go around...I'll usually stop at a rest area/service plaza and take a break.
By the time I get rolling again, it's clear sailing and full speed ahead.

Funny thing about most drivers is that they won't back off and let another guy around (which might cost them 20 seconds or so) but they'll sit in a dock for hours at shippers/receivers making no money.

It's just the nature of the truckerman...stupid is as stupid does.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If I were in a truck that didn't have enough speed to get around another truck I would just sit back behind the other truck. I don't understand the big deal about going around a truck where you need to take all day to do it. The truck being passed has no obligation to slow down so that you can pass,although I have slowed to allow a truck that was impeding traffic flow to go in front of me. I would not blame the guy being passed but the one who was passing when he didn't have enough speed to do it. So you need to sit behind a truck that is perhaps 1 mile per hour slower? It will make little or no difference in the time it takes to get to your destination.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Board Member

It's even more fun when you come up on an idiot that can't maintain a certain speed. First, they slow down so you start to pass them. Just as you get beside them, they speed up to match your speed. You slow back down, get back behind them. The process then repeats over and over and over and over. I'm not talking about driving in the hills/mountains. I'm talking about across west texas on i-20 where you can see 50 miles from your seat.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
It's even more fun when you come up on an idiot that can't maintain a certain speed. First, they slow down so you start to pass them. Just as you get beside them, they speed up to match your speed. You slow back down, get back behind them. The process then repeats over and over and over and over. I'm not talking about driving in the hills/mountains. I'm talking about across west texas on i-20 where you can see 50 miles from your seat.
That gets real annoying
Old 09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
PA
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My truck is governed at 66mph. So if I want to pass, I consider how much weight in the box, up or down hill and weather conditions.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

if a truck has to slow down to let you pass, then you have no business passing!! you are a freaking moron, go ahead, report him, I'm sure his safety man will fire him for not slowing down and allowing your dumb ass to pass. you say you have been driving for 4 years? if you are still this ignorant after that time, you should get into another profession, maybe you could be a cop and give tickets to all the truckers who dont slow down when idiots try to pass them
tomorrow, I will tell you how I really feel
p.s GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE LANE STUPID!!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

I was going to give my opinion but Fredog pretty much summed it up! But what happened to Mal really ticks me off. If I move over for a big truck to get on I expect him to let me have my lane back and then he can do whatever he wants. Dont pace me and leave me hanging out here.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree
Old 09-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

I've had several of these things happen to me. First of all my truck is limited to 65 mph due to Ontario, yet I run 60. So I rarely have a problem passing anyone since I don't run at the limiter. The first that's happened to me is the variable speed, people somehow like to speed up when they're getting passed. I didn't drop out of the atmosphere buddy, I've been catching you for quite a while.

The second instance where I'm "hanging" in the left lane is when I allow someone to merge and they simply stay right beside me. Now if the hammer lane is open you bet your bottom dollar I'm moving over. It's not just common courtesy, I'm saving my ass. The safety department doesn't give a rats ass who has the right of way or who is at fault. Any accident in this situation would be preventable. You could've moved over but you didn't. That's why I move over.

I find in both situations either slowing down and getting behind the person works, or sometimes there will be traffic behind them and that won't be an option. Then the only option is to simply put on your right turn signal. Hey buddy, I want over! Communication is key.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I've had several of these things happen to me. First of all my truck is limited to 65 mph due to Ontario, yet I run 60. So I rarely have a problem passing anyone since I don't run at the limiter. The first that's happened to me is the variable speed, people somehow like to speed up when they're getting passed. I didn't drop out of the atmosphere buddy, I've been catching you for quite a while.

The second instance where I'm "hanging" in the left lane is when I allow someone to merge and they simply stay right beside me. Now if the hammer lane is open you bet your bottom dollar I'm moving over. It's not just common courtesy, I'm saving my ass. The safety department doesn't give a rats ass who has the right of way or who is at fault. Any accident in this situation would be preventable. You could've moved over but you didn't. That's why I move over.

I find in both situations either slowing down and getting behind the person works, or sometimes there will be traffic behind them and that won't be an option. Then the only option is to simply put on your right turn signal. Hey buddy, I want over! Communication is key.

we need more drivers like you and less like the original poster