User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Get a faster truck and break away from the wolf pack.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
But seeing how i used my judgement
Yep we have all seen your use of "judgement" before.....

Quote:
When i try to explain that it was an error in judgement that i tried making the turn, it was a judgement made with incomplete information. But anything i said went in one ear and out his @ZZ...cause he didnt even hesitate writing that ticket.
http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...splain-me.html

Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Senior Board Member

The only thing I see that you did wrong, was tell these guys about it
Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Board Icon

I saw a truck tonight, I think it was a Heartland Express with a shiny hiny, and (I guess) the driver had written in the dust on the back doors...

"Hang up the phone and DRIVE!"

I thought this might work for Kevin. Then I remembered he drove for Swift, and I think he said something about struggling to get up to 62. So, I doubt anyone BUT a TMC driver would get a chance to read the message! :rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Senior Board Member

What gets me, is all you busting my balls for 'doing the same' as that TMC driver driving with an elbow and right hand, forgetting to check his mirrors but once a half hour. You say we were both distracted/not paying attention to the road. But let me ask this. I want one driver on this board, to get on here and tell me they drive with full 100% attention, 100% of the time the truck is in motion. Just one. And if anybody tells me they do, ill tell them they're full of chit. You may have both hands on the wheel, looking a mile down the road and side to side, ready for anything. But if you talk on the CB, snack on that 'big grab' bag of chips on your dash, look at a Randy McNally, scratch your balls or whatever....then guess what, you're as bad as me taking a camera out of my storage bin right over my head, turning it on and snapping a picture taking my eyes off the road for a second.

if you tune your radio, look at your wris****ch, throw something into your trash bin, adjust your seat and/or mirrors, bever hunting....there are alot of things (and you know what they are) that distract you from 100% focus on the road when you're driving. Ain't nobody on this board can tell me they have 100% attention 100% of the time
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The other day, i was headed WB on I-71 out of Cincy toward Indy. Stopped for fuel, and pulled back onto the interstate. I get up a head of steam, and start looking to merge. I notice this TMC driver who isn't getting over to let me into the slow lane. (yes, i know it isnt his job and/or have to get over...i'm the one who has to merge, but most drivers still have that courtsey left in them) Now, my biggest pet peve, is when i get over for another driver, then they step on it to either pace me, or slowly pass me, making me look like the idiot for being in the fast lane going 62. A few will let you over, but not many. So anyway....i slow down for this TMC driver. I looked down, and was doing 58. I had second thoughts about doing that, cause of the couple trucks and 4-wheelers behind me still. I gave him a few seconds, cause most drivers who were wanting over and/or paying attention to their mirrors would have seen that, and got right back over. This guy didnt. So.....i stepped on it. Back up to 62-63. I had a half mile an hour or so 'roll' on him. Once i got up to his truck, i could then see why he wasn't paying attention.....THE GUY WAS ON HIS CELL PHONE !!! I get on the radio and said, "you know, TMC, if you were paying attention to your mirrors rather than chatting with your boyfriend on your cell, you'd have seen i slowed down for ya back there..."

After about 5-7 minutes of running side by side, another driver behind us got on and was getting annoyed at TMC and said, "...hey flatbed...lets get going, yeah?" The TMC driver then gets on and says, "yeah i would, but this swift here is screwing me up." So i jumped right back on and let into him. "Dude, you're the one on your F-kin cell phone. I slowed down for you back there, but you were too busy yackin' on your cell to pay attention to your rear-view mirrors to see i was lettin' ya over!! Don't go blamin' me cause you'd rather talk on your cell phone than pay attention." He then says, "yeah right, okay swift".....like i was making up the fact he was talking on his cell.

So what i'm going to do in the future, and i doubt if it will even make a difference, is everytime i can see another driver talking on his cell, texting or whatever...i'll snap a picture of them, then forward it to their company and let them handle it.

I had a driver just yesterday....i-294 NB headed to Islip, IL. We were both in the slow lane....i was doing 58, then the driver in front of me, who was doing 58-60, starts to drop his speed, and ends up doing 50 !!! I pass him, and guess what....hes texting on his cell or looking for directions. It happened so fast, i didnt get a picture. =)
If YOU were paying ATTENTION to what YOU were doing you wouldnt have been next to TMC at all! I71 doesnt go WEST and it doesnt go to INDY! I think the TMC driver was on the cell getting directions to the consinee in COLUMBUS (via I71) cause last time he asked for directions on the CB some retard Swift driver steered him the wrong way!:rofl:
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
. . But let me ask this . .
Permit me to clarify your question.

How many of you, when confronted with a dangerous situation, ie a distracted driver, agree that the appropriate response is to compound the dangerous situation by introducing one more dangerous element, ie another distracted driver, into the mix?

If Harry hay hauler encroaches into my lane while opposing me on a NE 2, my reaction should be:

a) Reach for the trusty Polaroid and shoot for a Pulitzer, or

b) Take every step necessary to avoid Harry?

There hasn't been a single reply here that didn't acknowledge your frustration with a nuisance driver; it happens to everyone of us, every single day. Your kahonies are getting kicked around because of your boneheaded reaction. Your preposterous denials have risen to the level of matcatishness.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
What gets me, is all you busting my balls for 'doing the same' as that TMC driver driving with an elbow and right hand, forgetting to check his mirrors but once a half hour. You say we were both distracted/not paying attention to the road. But let me ask this. I want one driver on this board, to get on here and tell me they drive with full 100% attention, 100% of the time the truck is in motion. Just one. And if anybody tells me they do, ill tell them they're full of chit. You may have both hands on the wheel, looking a mile down the road and side to side, ready for anything. But if you talk on the CB, snack on that 'big grab' bag of chips on your dash, look at a Randy McNally, scratch your balls or whatever....then guess what, you're as bad as me taking a camera out of my storage bin right over my head, turning it on and snapping a picture taking my eyes off the road for a second.

if you tune your radio, look at your wris****ch, throw something into your trash bin, adjust your seat and/or mirrors, bever hunting....there are alot of things (and you know what they are) that distract you from 100% focus on the road when you're driving. Ain't nobody on this board can tell me they have 100% attention 100% of the time
I have driven with full 100% attention, 100% of the time the truck is in motion. :smokin: :moon:
Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin View Post
Get a faster truck and break away from the wolf pack.
the nwo wolf pack?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
I have driven with full 100% attention, 100% of the time the truck is in motion. :smokin: :moon:
let me ask you...have you EVER taken a sip of coffee/soda/water while driving? Have you ever snacked on anything while driving? Lit up a cigarette while driving? Tuned your radio? Reached up to grab your mic and talk on the radio? Farted? (just kidding) Went bever hunting? Daydream about getting home ro your lady friend (or guy friend?) after being out for 7 days? Wondering about how you're going to replace that lawnmower that just went out on you last week? Worry about anything personal?? Get my point? there isn't one driver on the road who can say they drive 100 and 100.

Anybody who has done anything close to what was mentioned above, is no better than a driver who snaps a couple pictures without taking his eyes off the road for but a couple seconds. If you check your mirrors, you take your eyes off the road for 5 seconds every minute....so whats the difference? you're not paying attention to whats in front of you for a second or two when you check your mirrors.