User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
. . i was totally in control...and 95% safe. =)
My guess is their safety department would contact your safety department and you'd be fired.

Now, if you want to be a highway vigilante and stay employed, deputy, get yourself a couple of these:

GoPro HD Motorsports Hero, New in box, No reserve! - eBay (item 270590246737 end time Jun-13-10 21:32:39 PDT)

They have handlebar mounts you can use to hang them from your mirrors, they're almost weatherproof and you can set them to shoot automatically. The only drawback is that you'll have to stop every couple of hours to swap out an SD card but hey, I'll feel safer just knowing you're off the road for a few minutes.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:48 PM

So you had your eyes off the road for several seconds while you took the 2 pictures.Even though TMC was talking on the phone,they were watching the road.In my opinion you were both in the wrong for using your cell phones going down the road.That is why so many companies have disabled the qualcomm so you can't use it while the truck is in motion.Try to solve the problem,don't be the problem.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Kevin0915 said:

So.... you are willing to accept a 5% chance that you could have a single truck crash and die (or lose your career) JUST to rat out another driver? Yeah.... I call that using your "judgement." :roll::lol:
dude...it was a flippin joke....
Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain binder View Post
So you had your eyes off the road for several seconds while you took the 2 pictures.Even though TMC was talking on the phone,they were watching the road.In my opinion you were both in the wrong for using your cell phones going down the road.That is why so many companies have disabled the qualcomm so you can't use it while the truck is in motion.Try to solve the problem,don't be the problem.
actually, genius, it was a digital camera. takes a second to power on and off. I can grab it without taking my eyes off the road, turn it on, then take a second to look to see if it was pointed the right way. Christ, it isnt like i took both hands off the wheel, and looked thru the viewfinder to get just the perfect shot. I pointed, and judged when he was right side by side and snapped the picture. Then take the second to turn it off and put it back where i got it. And i can do that all by feel without taking my eyes off the road but for a second...2 tops. How many seconds do each of you spend looking for your XM remote, or a roll of paper towels to blow your nose? What about your coffee or bottled water, when you cant find the cup holder....what do u do? you look away for a second or two. Guess what....its no more of a distraction to snap a couple pictures.

Yeah, TMC might have had his eyes on the road, but whats in front of you is only half the picture now isnt it. you got 3 other sides to your rig, and he obviously wasnt paying attention to 75% of the area around his truck.

Now when i forwarded the info to TMC, i did so from my email totally undrealted to trucking, swift, anything. I didnt mention who i drove for....just that i was a fellow driver with a serious issue with the lack of awareness. i gave my first name...thats it. oh..and i cropped out the lower half of the picture, cause any genius could see the reflection of my truck and tell who i drove for. =) bet you all missed that, huh
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Now, on the other hand, pictures can be a valuable training tool . .

Traffic stalled after semi pulls down traffic light - The Times-Herald
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Now when i forwarded the info to TMC, i did so from my email totally undrealted to trucking, swift, anything. I didnt mention who i drove for....just that i was a fellow driver with a serious issue with the lack of awareness. i gave my first name...thats it. oh..and i cropped out the lower half of the picture, cause any genius could see the reflection of my truck and tell who i drove for. =) bet you all missed that, huh
So now you're a tattletale with no balls. :clap: If you're going to point the finger at some one at least stand up and be a man about it. Goes to show that deep down you know your company wouldn't tolerate you taking pictures of something or someone while driving down the road. You know your excuses wouldn't hold water.

Think about it, we now have a situation where we have TWO 80,000 lb vehicles traveling side by side and neither driver is giving full attention.

Go join the police force if that's what you wanna do.

I think you need to get out of the truck for a while it's making you do stupid things.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
So now you're a tattletale with no balls. :clap: If you're going to point the finger at some one at least stand up and be a man about it. Goes to show that deep down you know your company wouldn't tolerate you taking pictures of something or someone while driving down the road. You know your excuses wouldn't hold water.

Think about it, we now have a situation where we have TWO 80,000 lb vehicles traveling side by side and neither driver is giving full attention.

Go join the police force if that's what you wanna do.

I think you need to get out of the truck for a while it's making you do stupid things.
i bet your one of those truckers who talks smack in a truck stop, without telling anybody where you're parked at? I bet, when you complain to another driver, you just say "driver" and not the company they work for, so they wont know exactly who you're talking to. Talk to me like that, and you'd soon change your opinion on 'balls or no balls'. Besides, why the fixation with balls anyway? hmmm?

thinking i might join the police force. DOT probably, and run around doing nothing but pulling over truckers. =) you'd be my first big ticket....cause i know it wouldnt take me long to find 20 things wrong with your chitbox.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Kevin...

The last thing I read was a law that was going to restrict a driver's use of "hand-held electronic devices". Now, you think about that. That also includes your mic for the CB radio. You can take pictures... Legally.... If you have the camera mounted, and not in your hands. If you're holding it in your hand, you stand to get cited along with the driver you took the picture of. All DOT has to do us ask how you got the picture. "Picked up the camera, pointed it and pushed the button." BINGO...

Just like the woman that insisted to a state trooper in MN that he had to slow down all the trucks. "I had to go 80 in order to get ahead of them." I was in the restaurant, about two tables away. After the 4th time, or so, that she stated she had been doing 80, he asked her for her own driver's license. Then wrote her a ticket. "By your own admission, in front of witnesses, you have stated, no less than 4 times, that you have been going 10 miles over the speed limit."

You might just want to think about that.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Kevin...

The last thing I read was a law that was going to restrict a driver's use of "hand-held electronic devices". Now, you think about that. That also includes your mic for the CB radio. You can take pictures... Legally.... If you have the camera mounted, and not in your hands. If you're holding it in your hand, you stand to get cited along with the driver you took the picture of. All DOT has to do us ask how you got the picture. "Picked up the camera, pointed it and pushed the button." BINGO...

Just like the woman that insisted to a state trooper in MN that he had to slow down all the trucks. "I had to go 80 in order to get ahead of them." I was in the restaurant, about two tables away. After the 4th time, or so, that she stated she had been doing 80, he asked her for her own driver's license. Then wrote her a ticket. "By your own admission, in front of witnesses, you have stated, no less than 4 times, that you have been going 10 miles over the speed limit."

You might just want to think about that.
cb radios and gps devices are exempt from the new law as written right now
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Guess what....its no more of a distraction to snap a couple pictures.
For his part, the TMC driver is probably posting somewhere and insisting that he's one of those drivers that can drive safely and use his cellphone. The truth is, you're both delusional.