User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default post

Okay autumn0718 you are going to have to forget the big carriers and find a 4-6 or around 20 truck outfit to get a chance. They won't offer ins. or bonus or anything but your pay but I believe this is your best shot. I stopped working for the big boys years ago and went with smaller outfits. I have been out of a truck for up to 4 years and have had no problems with small outfits. My pay was always there but the trucking was hard d.o.t. rules were different and they did'nt have computers to figure your mileage. It is hard to play the old log book games now, but you may not have to because those dot fines they give to carriers pushing their drivers are large. Oh yea you don't have to accept a job where they want you to break the laws. If you get hired get out and look before backing so you know where all obsticales(sp) are, after over 2o yrs. I still get out and look all around the truck. There is no excuse for hitting anything you cannot afford it, and yes look over the top of the truck for overthing, wires, anything because small outfits cannot afford to have a truck down. Okay enough of my mouth and once again, small outfits and the best to you,oh; they figure if you have several small incidences they think it is a matter of time until you have a big one.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn0718 View Post
If you are not going to give real advice then stop commenting I don't need your crap. Thanks
If you're interested, I'm looking for someone to cut my grass. never mind, i don't even want you to drive my lawn mower. :rofl: :smokin: