User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn0718 View Post
So . . yes it is all true . . I didn't pay (any attention) almost 6,000 not t be out there driving doing want I love to do. So . . any real help would be great thanks.
So . . what are you saying? You hit a few things, you ought to be forgiven and the transportation world should hold still while it adapts itself to you?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Can we say bulls**t????????????
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Board Member

my advice...go to work at Hooters as a cook. much better bennies. =)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Rookie

If you are not going to give real advice then stop commenting I don't need your crap. Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Guess you don't like when everybody doesn't sugarcoat your problem and actually tells you the truth?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
So yes it is all true so know any time a company runs my dac they see those incidents. I tried getting with any company after I got fired but no luck.
First of all, just getting fired will make it very hard to get a job driving anywhere. Even before the current reduction in "driver shortage" situation, you did not want to have "fired" on your record. And, companies like CR England have a reputation, not only with the drivers, but also with other companies. Getting fired from one of "those" companies is even worse than from any other company.
Quote:
I either had too many incidents or I didn't have 1 years experience. I have 11 months over the road but I have not been out with a company in 3 years.
With even one year off the road, they now want you to go through a retraining course. Much less 3 years. Virtually every company out there wants recent experience, within the last year.
Quote:
The first incident was the flat tire I got when I was out driving and pulled in the rest area to tell my cat about it.
Getting a flat tire is not uncommon. Otherwise, there would not be so many successful tire shops around the country. But, telling your cat about it is not something that happens everyday. Are we talking about a four-legged... Covered with fur??? If I had a cat that could hold a two-way conversation, I'd make that public, and make all the money I could off of it. :roll: I mean, a talking cat... That there is a real money maker, that is...
Quote:
The second incident I was at my last drop and the dock area was a maze. They have rails going down the side of the dock. In the front of the dock they had a big trash can and on the other side of that they had a fenced in dog area. Too the left of all that they haed this huge snow pile so I had to work around all that and get in the dock just to unload 2 things. I was almost in the dock when the dot bumper hit their rail and it fail down.
And, by any chance, was this backing in "blind-side"? When backing into an area like that, the word is "G O A L". Get Out And Look. Even if it's not blind-side, there is one corner of the back of the trailer that you can not see, no matter which side you are backing in from. There have been far more times than I care to count, that when backing in, I've gotten out and checked the clearance of the back of my trailer. If blind-side, I might only back up 3 feet, and when getting close, it may only be 1 foot before I got out and looked again.
Quote:
Not to mention the girl working at the dock jumped up into the trailer to get something off when i was backing in.
Now, this one says YOU BOTH DESERVE TO GET FIRED!!! Her for getting into a moving trailer, and you for moving it while anyone is inside it. This one is worse than a flat tire or a talking cat. :moon::moon: (one for each of you)
Quote:
My mvr is clean i don't have any dui's or tickets so that was not stopping me from getting a job. So I have been trying to get back out there with no luck but I have waited till the incidents are 3 years old and I'm trying again. I live in south bend, Indiana almost 20 mins away from the toll road. I just want to get with any company I can without have to pay a whole lot of money out to either go back to school or do a re fresher course. I didn't pay almost 6,000 not t be out there driving doing want I love to do. So any real help would be great thanks.
Someone certainly did see you coming. For that kind of money, you could have paid 1500 to go through Fox Valley Tech in Appleton, WI, and paid for your room and board, with money left over.

By any chance, when you first get into a truck, do you sit there, holding the wheel, staring out the windshield for 20 some minutes, to get your "KARMA"??? Just a thought.:hellno:

Old 02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Rookie

Okay you idiots that don't know **** about me and the stuff that I am talking about kiss my:moon: issedoff: I didn't say I was talking to a real cat that is what they call the second part of your training. Second I did get out and check and when I popped my brakes the trailier rolled back a inches and hit the stuipd railing that was already loose. As for the girl getting into my trailer she had no business getting in there until i was all the way in the dock whic I wasn't. I got fired because they have a point system and each of my incidents counted as 1 point and then I got a point for not enough experience So that is why I got fired not like it mattered. I know that I will have to take a refresher course and I am fine with that I just wanted to know if anybody knows of a company that offers that. But thanks for all of the crap and no help. :ranting:
Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

I wonder if attitude had any bearing on the decision.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
I wonder if attitude had any bearing on the decision.
In one of our 'safety' meetings we had a while back, they talked about attitude. Attitude plays a big part in drivers' safety. They say that you never want to get in a truck and drive with a poor attitude. Attitude effects your driving responsibilities, and reflects on how you drive.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Senior Board Member

When you "interview" post accident,ect many times you will "push" the driver to see how fast their attitude changes and if that may have been a factor.