User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need Some Advice Please

I got my cdl back in may of 2006 got hired by C.R. England in june 2006. While working for them I got 3 incidents. First was a flat tire that I seen while doing a right hand turn, second was I hit a rail on the side of a dock while backing, and last but not least A ****ing rubber bumper on the dock fell half way down. So little to say I got fired for this bull**** and haven't been back out driving since 2007. I was told tthat I had to wait 3 years and then try again will my last incident will be 3 years old on the 13th so I am trying again. I just wanted some advice on what companies might hire me. Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn0718 View Post
I got my cdl back in may of 2006 got hired by C.R. England in june 2006. While working for them I got 3 incidents. First was a flat tire that I seen while doing a right hand turn, second was I hit a rail on the side of a dock while backing, and last but not least A ****ing rubber bumper on the dock fell half way down. So little to say I got fired for this bull**** and haven't been back out driving since 2007. I was told that I had to wait 3 years and then try again will my last incident will be 3 years old on the 13th so I am trying again. I just wanted some advice on what companies might hire me. Thanks

SO lets get this correct.

#1 Is a flat tire

#2 Is Hitting a rail

#3 Is that a docks rubber bumper fell

Ok first of all a flat is not your fault. Unless you ignored it while doing your pretrip.

Second Hitting the rail would probably count as a incident.

Third a docks rubber bumper falling off. ROFLMAO That is not even close to your fault.

In my opinion. Your major holdup is that you have been out of a truck for almost 4years. You will probably have to do a refresher course. But I would just start calling around to carriers that you might want to work for and talk to them. And this time stay away from people like CR-ENGLAND!!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I started to think this was another troll.

Last edited by Roadhog; 02-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Pack Rat's on the the mark !
#1With the flat did you rip out the side wall of the tire when makeing the right turn? if not B/S
#2Hitting that rail... thats not that big of a deal unless you ripped the door off your trl, did you?
#3 isn't worth mention
Old 02-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Senior Board Member

wonder what the REAL story is
Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I started to think this was another troll.
I thought the same thing, since we had that wino the other day, giving us that story about a DWI on his DAC.

It does seem unreal. Getting fired because he lost a rubber when he bumped a dock? Good grief.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Default post

Has to be more to it then that, and if all is true then you gave up on yourself for no reason. You could have been hired quickly by another carrier, so something is'nt right. Now maybe you got into an argument with someone in saftey, or your dispatcher and they jacked you on your dac. Being jacked on your dac is hard to fight and they know it, because few drivers are going to hire a lawyer who is well briefed it d.o.t. regs to fight the carriers. Anyway the best to you, and don't give up this time.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Your choice of adjectives suggests you have genuine remorse and you've accepted responsibility for your misfortunes. However, you don't say where you're from . . it's hard to offer placement assistance without a few geographic parameters . . but I'll give it a whirl . .

If you live in a big enough town or city, surely there's a taxi service that would like to hear from you and there's always pizza delivery to consider. Why complicate an otherwise promising driving career with those great big trailers and the other ****in' stuff?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Rookie
Default Need Real Advice

So yes it is all true so know any time a company runs my dac they see those incidents. I tried getting with any company after I got fired but no luck. I either had too many incidents or I didn't have 1 years experience. I have 11 months over the road but I have not been out with a company in 3 years. The first incident was the flat tire I got when I was out driving and pulled in the rest area to tell my cat about it. The second incident I was at my last drop and the dock area was a maze. They have rails going down the side of the dock. In the front of the dock they had a big trash can and on the other side of that they had a fenced in dog area. Too the left of all that they haed this huge snow pile so I had to work around all that and get in the dock just to unload 2 things. I was almost in the dock when the dot bumper hit their rail and it fail down. Not to mention the girl working at the dock jumped up into the trailer to get something off when i was backing in. My mvr is clean i don't have any dui's or tickets so that was not stopping me from getting a job. So I have been trying to get back out there with no luck but I have waited till the incidents are 3 years old and I'm trying again. I live in south bend, Indiana almost 20 mins away from the toll road. I just want to get with any company I can without have to pay a whole lot of money out to either go back to school or do a re fresher course. I didn't pay almost 6,000 not t be out there driving doing want I love to do. So any real help would be great thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

As you now know your biggest problem is the lack of recent experience your going to have to just start knocking on doors and filling out app's. Send every major company an app on the Co website, don't waste you time on the generic app's that go to "hundreds of company's looking for drivers" also check on Craigslist ya never know. BOL