LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Nice job, Detective Belpre!

I looked for that video after I read a rebuttal, here . .

TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

. . that branded the story as hogwash. Danno barely scratched the surface of the routine abuses perpetrated by the megas and the even more unscrupulous single and small fleet owners. In fact, I have to rate the story "limp wristed" for the really heinous stuff that never got a mention. He says they'll be a follow up and, hopefully, it will include some of the stuff I'll be forwarding to him.
And I just fired off a short and sweet...(no, REALLY!).... response to The Trucker! I love that paper, but their response was obviously bought and paid for by the ATA!

Why is it so hard for the organizations that claim to represent us to just TELL THE TRUTH!??

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Excellent Piece!!! bravo!!!

and thats how my first trucking school was that i went too.. and i stayed there for the first weekend end and bailed!! got ripped off but it could of been worse but yeah man i truly enjoyed that piece and at the same time shake my head!!

some people are just desperate and do anything to try to make money and so on.... sad just sad
Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
And I just fired off a short and sweet...(no, REALLY!).... response to The Trucker! I love that paper, but their response was obviously bought and paid for by the ATA!

Why is it so hard for the organizations that claim to represent us to just TELL THE TRUTH!??
Now...come on GH!!! You know darn well, that "Trucking" is one of the few industries in this country, where "Truth" is not an option!!! :lol:

As far as Dan Rather's story goes. The networks, especially the little one's like that one (HDNet), are not going to throw money at a dead horse. He did a decent job. He gave some decent information. You know he did, since the ATA is up in arms.

If I had to chose between Dan Rather and the American Trucking Association, for "truth" in trucking, I would have to lean towards Rather.

Does Mz. Desiree still work for Covenant you suppose? Or was she sent kicking rocks....from some remote location....like maybe Havre Montana?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Yeah, the apologists will be arriving any time Syncro. They've been unusually quiet lately though. After that excellent piece about Swift a couple of weeks ago, then another excellently crafted objective expose like this one. They (the piece-rate OTR apologists) are really on the ropes. GMAN has been thunderously silent for a while now. I'm a bit worried about the old boy. Or perhaps, he is finally seeing the light after all of these years of disinformation. These reports remind me of CFM. All CFM ever did was espouse these same exact truths. It was just his style and uncanny method of putting the truth right up in the apologist's faces that got him banned numerous times.

I wonder how the apologists respond to this line from the video? Touche'!!

".......for every 100 new drivers hired. A recent study funded by an industry organization found an astounding 97 were no longer on the company's payroll a year later."

I love these reports from 3rd party sources that back up everything that a few of us have been bellowing for years now. I hate the fact that my fellow drivers are the ones suffering from these abuses.

Now now now Great White North weather reporter.

Personally....My biggest beef with CFM was his continual denigration of "the drivers" NOT the companies.

*sigh* But I gotta admit. I miss the sparing matches I had with him. *sigh*

go figure!

Say.......Did Dan's report make you yearn for those nights of rumbling along the bi-ways, in that there "Gold" truck you used to drive??
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Spot On !

While the reporter only focused on one big company, he covered the majority.

Hope but doubt this (bringing of the truth by 3rd party) will change anything.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

I liked it, it helps ppl come to the realization this isn't a get rich industry. You can make "decent" money but you have to pay your dues. A shame those dues are probably tougher than other industries. I did see some $0 paydays, in what other industry would that be allowed?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Definitely worth watching.

Makes you think about how you got into trucking as well as who might be driving the rig next to you!
what link do I need to click on to watch video? there are a dozen different things to click on following link posted & none go to a any video ???
Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Rookie

Here's the link....

Trucking Industry Controversy Focus of Trucking Talk Radio | AskTheTrucker

Go to the right side, third video screen down....Dan Rather-TruckerDesiree video.

Baldy
Old 10-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Now now now Great White North weather reporter.

Personally....My biggest beef with CFM was his continual denigration of "the drivers" NOT the companies.

*sigh* But I gotta admit. I miss the sparing matches I had with him. *sigh*

go figure!
Yeah, I always knew that a particular 'flavor' to the board would indeed pass if CFM were banished. I think that history clearly shows that his banning had more to do with some industry bias on the part of the moderator crew on the board at the time and was an over reaction. Not to say that they (moderators) were bad or anything, they just lost sight of the "spirit" of what a message board is supposed to foster amongst it's participants, and instead let their positions in the industry guide their decisions. It is what it is.:bow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Say.......Did Dan's report make you yearn for those nights of rumbling along the bi-ways, in that there "Gold" truck you used to drive??
Ya know, I do sometimes Stan. Some of the perks of the job that we all enjoy are missed. Overall though, I am learning once again to enjoy life on a more domestic level. It is nice to only work 25-30 hours a week and be able to pursue other things. If I hadn't lucked in to my new job............I might well be schooling 'em up here like I did at Indy! LOL I am ALWAYS available to return to educate Golfhobo at the drop of a hat!

Always remember, and never forget Stan:

.........."work 80-100, log 70, paid 40"....................

Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Board Member

The news media can always find a story then pick the worst situations to portray that job. Is there alot of wrong doing in the industry? Of Course but there are bad pratcies in every job. Keep rolling be safe