User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CR England

Is there anyone here currently working for this outfit?How is the 6 mo lease option?They told me there are not any company slots.I have read alot of negative stuff about them but would really like to talk with those that are working for them.I want the staright truth not just opinions.Thanks,Tim
Old 11-22-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmuddawg View Post
Is there anyone here currently working for this outfit?How is the 6 mo lease option?They told me there are not any company slots.I have read alot of negative stuff about them but would really like to talk with those that are working for them.I want the staright truth not just opinions.Thanks,Tim
Then do a search on this board and you will get all the answers you need!!!

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Rookie

about 10 years ago when I worked with them, they just started the program. all I can say is, people that got into them had a rough time. payments were really high, the drivers didn't have much left over. Refuse more then 2 loads and when you got back from lunch your truck was repossessed.

Its all just a profit making machine for England. Your paying for the truck they bought. There going to make a profit from your payment, and your loads, while you take all the risk.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Board Icon

Dude, you don't want opinions? As PackRat said, do a search, recently another driver went there anyways and saw some of the exact things he was warned about on here. He decided to move on but did say that they push the lease program on you very hard. Why do they push it, because they can make better money off the driver's that way.

Quote:
Alright, I no longer am employed by CR England. My old company called me back when I finished training so I left England. England was quite an experience. My overall experience was poor. I was a Short Term Trainee or ST. Which meant I had to go out for 7-10 days with a Phase 1 trainer. My actual training time was 17 days as we had to swap a load which prolonged me getting to SLC (Salt Lake City) to complete Upgrade. On top of that I had to wait 6 days after orientation to even get a Phase 1 trainer. It is unbelievable how many new students England gets coming into their terminals every single week. I don't know how long they are going to keep their school running, there are just way too many trainees and not enough trainers. Also there is a shortage of trucks for both Company and Lease drivers, so don't be surprised to wait a few days to get either one. In general, get used to waiting-waiting for trucks, waiting for drivers, waiting for loads, wait, wait, wait. One thing I was not prepared for was how much waiting you do at customers with refer loads. Not unusual to wait at least 3 hours at most customers to get loaded. Hardly any Drop and Hook accounts. Very frustrating.

All you are is a driver code and a truck number, nothing more, and they treat you as that, they don't care if you quit or get fired, they have 10 or 20 guys right behind you to fill your spot.

Yes they pitch their LEASE program alot, but ultimately it is the driver's decision to do it. With the changing economy, the LEASE terms are changing. When I was in SLC, it seemed there were as many people going COMPANY as there were going LEASE. Do what is best for YOU not anyone else.

England as a company is very strong. There is only a small handful of trucking that are still making a profit, C.R. England is one of them. They are HUGE on safety, that will be pounded into your skull from day 1. Your experience with England is what you make of it. I know I will not miss England at all, I will not go back.

Last edited by Mr. Ford95; 11-23-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Hey Dawg I have a freind that decided to take the pluge with England and do the lease purchase. She told me that starting January the owner operators will have to pay all expenses including tags tolls plates etc. that they used to help you out on. So if you do it be prepared to pay for alot of things on your own that other companies may help you out with. From what I've heard they really push you in orientation to sign up for the lease purchase so beware.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 AM

Dawg. I'm not a big one on bashing and negative talk but I'll say this. Don't even think about CR England's lease (fleece) deal. You didn't mention your experience level but I can only assume that if you're considering these guys you haven't been around long. They prey on the newbies.

I learned a saying long ago that can be applied to trucking. There's too many good resteraunts out there to settle on a bad meal.

There's also too many decent companies out there to settle for a bad company.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Rookie

I did have a bad experience with England, but it wasn't all too bad for a new person. When I was running the OTR routs it was ok, stayed mostly mid-west/west coast. Just Pray you don't have to head back to HQ, its a real pain getting a load out of there...

My main issue started when I took on one of there logistics job's. Worked run's 300 miles out and 300 miles back every day. No lumper pay, so I have to unload and re-stack pallets every drop. The mileage sucked, if you go delayed at one delivery it would backup the rest of your week. Rarely could I even drive within the service hours, and that was before the most recent changes.

My Last load delayed me for 12 hours, that put me way out of hours, told dispatch that I had to take a break and miss a load because I couldn't possibly get back, pick up a load, and make the next delivery on time "legally". He demanded I take the next load so I quit.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Board Regular

[.I have read alot of negative stuff about them but would really like to talk with those that are working for them.I want the staright truth not just opinions.Thanks,Tim[/QUOTE]

you think these drivers got it all wrong. you will hear what you want from the recruiters. good luck with that,
Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Board Member

heh, I called them when I was getting desperate for an otr job, didn't even het 15 sec into the interview with the recruter when she started pushing the lease purchase down my throat. I told her I wouldn't even consider till I was with a company for a year. Would give me time to see how other drivers do in it. Of course I didn't tell her I already knew it was a sham but, all she would have done is tran and counter me. That wouldn't have been very productive.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Board Icon

You should have called back after you got a job elsewhere played along with her geeshock and see how far she would go to cover up the sham. Call them out on it and see how much they stutter and stumble over words.