User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sorry Rev, had to put somebody in their place.. now back to your regular schedule programming of the Kev about to screwed over on a Swift Lease while driving a plain blue T2000 with no Owner Ops specs..
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Sorry Rev, had to put somebody in their place.. now back to your regular schedule programming of the Kev about to screwed over on a Swift Lease while driving a plain blue T2000 with no Owner Ops specs..
All I can say is... ROFL

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
:thumbsdown: this thread is derailing off the tracks.
So what?
It's a good conversation- no truly ad-hominem attacks
Why not let it roll?

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"

Last edited by LightsChromeHorsepower; 06-08-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: remove smartazz comment
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:thumbsdown: this thread is derailing off the tracks.
Union Pacific couldnt put this thread back on the tracks.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower View Post
So what?
It's a good conversation- no truly ad-hominem attacks
Why not let it roll?
I agree with him. Let's Casey Jones this puppy. Dr. Peppers for everyone.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Yes I do. A whiner is nothing more than an armchair quarterback, or a back seat driver. They are all talk, but when it comes to getting their hands dirty, they are nowhere to be found. Your view on politics is not unlike your view on trucking. It's always someone else's fault.
if i thought voting actually made a difference, and joe blow could run for office if s/he found enough 'votes' for change, then i'd run myself.

and hawk....Everyone wanted change, you bet. Look what Bushie did to this country....going to war for 7 out of 8 of his years in office, doing what he did with most of his oil companies when daddy bought them all for him when he was 12......run them into the ground, leaving behind nothing but empty holes. Well now we have empty holes....its called Baghdad.

kinda like a new family moving into a halfway diecent neighborhood, then after a year, their yard turns into a big eye-sore, and gets worse every passing month, not to mention their house falls into disrepair. Eventually everybody in said neighborhood would ban together to 'vote' them out of it, wouldnt they???

To be honest...i actually was glad to see obama get into office. Thats what everybody wanted....so lets see some change. I didnt ever expect to see the economy turn around within the first 100 days. but we had better see some change and improvement by mid-term, or start looking for another president. he was 'elected' because the country wants change.....if we dont see it................what we will hear are all the pro-obama people coming up with excuses. and you all know it.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
if i thought voting actually made a difference, and joe blow could run for office if s/he found enough 'votes' for change, then i'd run myself.

and hawk....Everyone wanted change, you bet. Look what Bushie did to this country....going to war for 7 out of 8 of his years in office, doing what he did with most of his oil companies when daddy bought them all for him when he was 12......run them into the ground, leaving behind nothing but empty holes. Well now we have empty holes....its called Baghdad.

kinda like a new family moving into a halfway diecent neighborhood, then after a year, their yard turns into a big eye-sore, and gets worse every passing month, not to mention their house falls into disrepair. Eventually everybody in said neighborhood would ban together to 'vote' them out of it, wouldnt they???

To be honest...i actually was glad to see obama get into office. Thats what everybody wanted....so lets see some change. I didnt ever expect to see the economy turn around within the first 100 days. but we had better see some change and improvement by mid-term, or start looking for another president. he was 'elected' because the country wants change.....if we dont see it................what we will hear are all the pro-obama people coming up with excuses. and you all know it.
Yeah you will see the change, it will keep getting worse... and worse... and worse.

Sorry but most of these circumstances have nothing to do with the president anyway that you speak of.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
Yeah you will see the change, it will keep getting worse... and worse... and worse.

Sorry but most of these circumstances have nothing to do with the president anyway that you speak of.
You're right, and you're dead wrong...

I'm afraid you're right about the worse... and worse... and worse...
No one seems to have gotten a handle on what the cause of the problem in the economy, so while they'll keep on putting band-aids on the branches and leaves, it's a long way from the roots. And, in order to cure the problems, they'll have to get to the roots.

You're wrong that they have nothing to do with the President. There are a few things in which the President does have a degree of latitude and can either push programs through Congress, or use Executive Order. Unfortunately, you are not likely to see any of them put into use because at that level, they don't know what to look for at the lower levels. What indicators to use. So, they're stumbling.

Another thing, after the GREAT DEPRESSION, and the stock market crash, there were programs put into effect that were supposed to prevent another depression, and crash. Now, here we are, spiraling down, with no end in sight, and those programs have not prevented it. Now, where do you go from there?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post

Trust me it wasn't only about skin color, if that was the case Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would of been the First Black Presidents
Actually.... not true. Blacks only make up about 13% of the population... of course other minorities do add to the tally. But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected. And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.

Hey Hawk! Are you telling me that you're Buh, Buh... Bullack??? (My cousin Vinny reference!) :rofl::rofl:

Seriously.... I didn't know! And unlike SOME here.... I never CARED!

On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama! I doubt THEY would have voted for Sharpton or Jackson, either.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Actually.... not true. Blacks only make up about 13% of the population... of course other minorities do add to the tally. But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected. And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.

Hey Hawk! Are you telling me that you're Buh, Buh... Bullack??? (My cousin Vinny reference!) :rofl::rofl:

On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama! I doubt THEY would have voted for Sharpton or Jackson, either.
Wow!! i don't even know how to respond to this.. you seriously must of been confused by my post lets break this down for you Golfhobo..

Quote:
But WITHOUT the 50% of White voters that voted for him, (many but not all of them YOUNG) Obama would not have been elected.
where in my OP did i say he wouldn't of won without that vote?? I told Kevin that 50% was an LARGE NUMBER of a group of people.. please tell me where in my post did i say different

Quote:
And there is no way in HADES that that many Whites would have (or ever did) vote for Sharpton or Jackson.
Quite of few People voted for Jackson from my research in primaries and so on, not saying which color or so they were but come on Hobo, even tho i wasn't even thought of let alone born during his first campaign you know damn well those were different times back then compared to now
Sharpton is a damn clown, i don't think he garner many votes period as i remembered his campaign..

Quote:

Yes i'm an African American, why are you even bring this into disscusion?? you say you don't care but you brought it up, cause i went to bat for him by saying Kevin would calling him Osama in front of a group of black men?? Now i'm telling CAD, "Hey, look at me, I'm Hawk Black Man" Sorry Hobo your late, most posters know that i'm Black..

Quote:
On a side note.... I never KNEW there were so many Black Republicans until they all came out of the woodwork to OPPOSE Obama
Just like i told Kevin, this election just wasn't about Skin Color.. Based on what your saying Hobo, claming what i'm saying, those Black Republicans whose about to get there Taxes raised voted for Obama just because he was Black..

Seriously, i hope you was on Line 5 with your laptop and some cold ones in front of you.. if so i'll give you a pass

Last edited by Hawkjr; 06-10-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed your quote tags. ~Rev.