Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Rev, I use a number of boards. What you call "flame baiting" we call having fun. I done, I don't need this, and I do have better place to go.
So go have fun over there.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
wow.. this thing has to be a record for the most pages in 24 hours!!
No... I think that would be the long since disregarded "Disregard" thread! :lol2:

So, your claim is disregarded!

Try to keep it open, Rev. I got some more to say.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Board Icon

I'm not locking it. But I won't let the obvious flame baiting continue. Especially given the hypocrisy of the person doing the flame baiting.

It's a very good discussion, and I see no reason to end it.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Board Icon

Kevin said:

Quote:
I've been over my 14 before, and like Hawk said, i'm very careful and only go over by no more than 15. (minutes, I guess you mean.)
So.... you're a "criminal" then, right? So, if a week from now, on a day that you are PERFECTLY legal, you have an accident and someone dies?

Should you go to prison for that? For the fact that you falsified logs on days where NOTHING bad happened but you got to sleep in a truckstop and eat a steak dinner?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
That's a great sermon. Do you preach on the side?

I don't know his state of mind that day, but at least four of those falsifications had nothing to do with it. I do know this, you have never driven tired and I commend you for that.

I guess you never had a day when you were poking along, stopping every hour to check the internet or trim your eyebrows, and then later you just drew one line across as if you had driven four or five hours straight. In fact, you aren't like all the people Rutherford was talking about at all. If you get to a consignee seven hours before unloading, by golly you go some place and wait 10 hours before driving again. You are great.

I totally admire guys who fill out their logs by looking down at their wris****ch instead of taking their calculators and dividing the miles by a legal speed and drawing that. Of course, that's the way I do it...
Thank you for your admiration. That is exactly what I do.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Your argument isn't with me, your argument is with the legal community including the judge and the prosecutor. I simply agree with them.

I don't know what to say, Kevin. Simply, I've come across yet another whose log is a perfect, let's say it again, your log is a perfect reflection of every place you go and everything you do (in the four categories on the log). It also makes me feel safer knowing you're out there on the road somewhere, and you won't go two miles over the speed limit because you believe in obeying the laws. You're just too fabulous for words.
I love it when someone dont have a good enough argument to come back with, so they start putting words in others mouths. Never once did i say i am perfect. I will be the first to admit they dont always do the speed limit. Ill be the first to tell you i've driven past my 14 after a shipper screwed me up taking 3 hrs to unload that 2,000 lb pallet, and the closest place to safely park was 20 min. away.

so boy, don't report 'fact' when you clearly dont have them.

Your argument IS with the fact that you think he was doinng a 'good job' by getting into a wreck, taking lives, but it was 'okay' because he only had 5 falsified logs.

Math errors? I learned by 1st grade how to add to 24. Not to mention, one of the reasons i do my logs on computer now (and before you start foaming at the mouth, i'm not the only one on here who does) because it will track where my 11, 14, split sleeper starts and ends, my 70....you name it.

but then again, i get ragged on for using GPS because people automaticly think drivers who use GPS dont know how to read a map.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Kevin said:

So.... you're a "criminal" then, right? So, if a week from now, on a day that you are PERFECTLY legal, you have an accident and someone dies?

Should you go to prison for that? For the fact that you falsified logs on days where NOTHING bad happened but you got to sleep in a truckstop and eat a steak dinner?
never said you'd be a criminal for having a false log. And if you have an accident that takes a life on a day you were running perfectly legal, would all depend on HOW and/or WHAT caused the accident, yeah? Were you hot dogging? Were you running tired and fell asleep at the wheel?? Or maybe one of your steer tires blew. Did you do a proper pre-trip? Or did you just think asking for a radio check was good enough??? If something happens that causes a wreck that could have been prevented from doing a half-azz pretrip, and you missed it, yeah, you should go to jail. (for the max time possible? maybe/maybe not) You have a wreck that was just some freak act that could have not been prevented? no. So it all boils down to whether or not YOU, the PROFESSIONAL driver, could have prevented it by doing what you are paid to do. If you were careless or negligent, and THAT causes a wreck and you kill someone, you dam right you should go to jail.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Senior Board Member

IMO, the bus driver screwed up just as bad as the truck driver. He was traveling too fast for conditions, and couldn't stop in time. Doesn't matter if he was fatigued or not.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
IMO, the bus driver screwed up just as bad as the truck driver. He was traveling too fast for conditions, and couldn't stop in time.
Absolutely. And the bus driver paid for his mistake. Dearly.

Quote:
Doesn't matter if he was fatigued or not.
This is where you are wrong. If the truck driver was fatigued, and that led to the initial accident, then it most certainly does matter imo.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
IMO, the bus driver screwed up just as bad as the truck driver. He was traveling too fast for conditions, and couldn't stop in time. Doesn't matter if he was fatigued or not.
Sooooo.....according do your way of thinking, i should never travel over 30mph just in case someone else in the other lane falls asleep at the wheel, and drifts over the center line into my path....i should always be able to stop my truck to prevent an accident.....an accident that wasnt caused by me??

So what if the bus driver DID get stopped.....and a truck still hits it head on, and the driver of the bus still dies......(which is probably what would have happened based upon the speed of the out of control truck). Now the bus driver isnt at any fault because he stopped the truck? Or should he have stopped, put up cones, flares and set off fireworks to wake the driver of the truck up before impact??
Closed Thread