User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster65 View Post
........ I had a vacation home in Bass Lake, CA, I sold it in 1999 for $375,000,.......l, We used the proceeds from our vacation home to purchase a foreclosed commercial building for $175,000 and resold it last year for $975,000. So opportunities are/were there but some diod not use them wisely.
If you made 800K on this one property, whatever possessed you to want to drive a truck, and why bother with nursing?

Just curious. I only came back to trucking out of pure financial desperation.....weird thing is I really like it.

It does look like you all succeeded in driving the OP away. CAD wins again!

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower View Post
If you made 800K on this one property, whatever possessed you to want to drive a truck, and why bother with nursing?

Just curious. I only came back to trucking out of pure financial desperation.....weird thing is I really like it.

It does look like you all succeeded in driving the OP away. CAD wins again!
I had to invest most of it into more property, and pay taxes. Uncle Sam does not like for you to keep all the money you make. So very little of it became spendable capital. Think Capital Gains Taxes. I am 44 and still like to work, there is only so much you can do, until boredom sets in. Most of my friends work, I took some time off after I closed my business, rode my motorcycle all over the country, and decided that retirement at my age just did not work out. I like to travel and figured why not get paid to cruise across the country, I, like you, really liked driving a truck.

One thing to remember, all that money is taxed again and again year after year. I still pay taxes on the properties I bought, and pay taxes on the income from my investments, when they make any money. Our current system can eat up your gains very quick, if you are not careful. Uncle sam does not like for you to keep alot of the money you make, he likes to get his "fair" share.