LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
I bet that was one sweet first date.

O it was. It almost made her quit college to go get her CDL. She keeps begging to go back.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Given that half of them are alcoholics and talk to invisible beings, that is a hell of an idea...
Obviously you haven't spent much time around truckstops..... there are lots of people in TA's, FlyingJ's, and Petro's that are preoccupied with keeping their tinfoil hats properly maintained and aligned on their craniums..... I **** you not.... I was at the TA in Harborcreek PA last nite and the ****shoveling was beyond belief..... I almost choked on my food at some of the **** I heard.... It was like being at a "Liar's Convention".....not to mention some of the weird **** they talked about....

Homeless people might be safer than some of the idiots out there now.....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
One of my friends just graduated from nursing school and cant find a job in the medical field. So what is a good job market in one part of the country is tight in another.
If she's a "GN" and willing to relocate....she'll have no problem finding a position. If she's not willing to relocate, thats another story. In other areas of the country all they want is GN's, and the experienced RN's are displaced by lower paid GN's.......

If she is willing to relocate...tell her to look at Federal Jobs....and specifically the Indian Health Service.....she will probably have to relocate...but the pay and benefits...plus the Federal Retirement plan knocks the stink out of anything else..... http://www.nursing.ihs.gov/ If she wants to stay in the old neighborhood...it might be tough, but if she is willing to stretch out.....the world is her oyster... Trucking right now "sucks" and probably will for awhile....but if she as a Nurse takes the time to look at opportunities.....she'll find that she didn't waste her time in school.... Besides.....summer is coming....and the smell of a parking lot gets worse as the heat increases......

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Last edited by Skywalker; 05-09-2009 at 11:48 PM.