User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am curious as to why you didn't get the construction worker to help you back out? It would have been much better to have called the shipper and gotten additional directions or walked to their facility and ask if it was only 200 yards away. One other idea would have been to ask the construction worker how you could go around and get to your destination. As far as the ticket is concerned, it is your responsibility. You might want to check with some of the legal services such as Road Law. They might be able to plead it down or get it thrown out. You could also go to court in person and try to get them to drop the charge. At least you learned a lesson from this experience. You don't move construction signs. Another option is to pay the fine and forget about it.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
no i didnt think you were. and everybody can @#$-in quit giving me crap. you all can go @#$% yourselves.....
Wow normally I wouldn't touch this but you need to get a clue. As a construction worker, I can personally tell you those barriers are there for a specific reason....here it is.......TO KEEP PEOPLE OUT:clap: and yes, I would take the side of the cop, and say the ticket is legit.

I had a close call last year when I was flagging a job that we were finishing up and the last asphalt truck was emptying out so I was stopping traffic. As I turned to see what the paver and truck were doing some jackass decided that he didn't need to obey the stop sign that I was holding and passed so close to me that he actually clipped the sign and almost hit our truck. People need to show a little more patience and slow down and pay attention to what's going on, and don't move something you didn't put there:thumbsup:

ok i'm done now:smokin:

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
and also tell me, i back into traffic without assistance, then some nut comes flyin' around the corner, and parks his/her car under my trailer. Maybe dies in the process?? So i am to keep my ego from being hurt, by not calling 911 for officer assistance to PREVENT such an accident? that is just plain stupid. You're saying a human life isnt worth a phone call.

you're just plain stupid for attempting to go through a road closure. on the net, you seem rather intelligent. most truckers can't even formulate a paragraph. let alone a sentence. with driving, you're lacking a crap load of common sense where the backwoods morons actually have a chance at competing with you.

once again, you've done no good for the company you defend. something like that is partly the reason swift is the butt of jokes. i feel sorry for the ladies and gents who exercise proper judgment all while driving for swift.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
no i didnt think you were. and everybody can @#$-in quit giving me crap. you all can go @#$% yourselves.....
You post on an open forum where you know you may or may not get ragged on. I would go on but I would hate for Rev to get yet another message from you that someone was being mean to you.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Senior Board Member

On second thought, I'll be you huckleberry. Why dont you go F*** yourself!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member

This is Karma for F-ing wit them J.B. Hunt Fresh Out of High School Drivers.. Good For You, I hope its more to come!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok I think this thread is getting out of hand... but true enough you should not have done it the way you did it, just learn from it and never make the mistake again. Also it has been said a few times before by myself and others, calm down, relax, and stop 'biting the hand that feeds you'. You want to learn from those that HAVE the experience, so be quiet and learn it, stop fighting it at every turn.

Fools think their own way is right,but the wise listen to others.
A fool is quick-tempered,but a wise person stays calm when insulted.
Proverbs 12:15-16
Wise people think before they act;fools don’t—and even brag about their foolishness. Proverbs 13:16

And for the rest of you
It is foolish to belittle one’s neighbor;a sensible person keeps quiet. Proverbs 11:12

All quotes from NLT Translation because it is more modern english. Christian or not, these proverbs apply and are true no matter what your beliefs are.

Hrm, I might even add those to my sig line

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 04-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Senior Board Member

several years ago I had a load to deliver in southern FL. after getting off the interstate & onto a 4 ln hywy I was about 15 miles from my destination. after going just 2 miles a sign read no trucks ahead of me. I pulled over & looked at my map & took another way into the town. then I get 2 blocks from the the receiver & 2 big signs on either side of the road say's.. NO TRUCKS. I look at the bill of lading, the address & town. then I call information from my cell. I ask for the num to the police station in that town for non emergency. I tell them where I am at & I am 2 blocks from my delivery point, but the signs say no trucks.

the officer on the phone tells me if you have a delivery on that street, then go to it. I asked his name & he gladly gave it. he said if I have any problem to give them his name & that he gave me permission to travel down that road. as it turns out, they did not allow trucks past that point except for delivery, though the signs did not distinguish that. all went well. I have at least 100 times looked at yahoo yellow pages, when I used to deliver plastic pipe to job sights, & look at 3-4 streets before my turn & a couple after. just so I would know where i was at. i would print up a page or 2 & take with me in truck, just for reference.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Board Icon

Kev, you attempted to ignore a traffic control device, the city worker is probably why the cop showed up out of nowhere. That guy probably called them and told them some idiot truck driver was moving barricades on a closed street. Got what you deserved, call it lesson learnt, you won't do it again and move on down the road. Like Rev said, yes it is ticketable and that is for every state. There is always another option but you tried the bullheaded option first and it got you a ticket. The other option is to pull over and find an alternate route and find a way to get in touch with the shipper.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
you obviously dont take the time to read posts very carefully. It wasnt a detour sign, it was a 'road closed to thru traffic' sign. And where did i ever say the cop was present when i moved the barricade? the only time the cop was present when I was next to the barricade was when i was backing out after traffic was stopped.
Whatever. ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC and you're just stupid enough to move the sign and go down that road anyway? Even though with all your truck driving skills you cant even make the turn? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote:
and also tell me, i back into traffic without assistance, then some nut comes flyin' around the corner, and parks his/her car under my trailer. Maybe dies in the process?? So i am to keep my ego from being hurt, by not calling 911 for officer assistance to PREVENT such an accident? that is just plain stupid. You're saying a human life isnt worth a phone call.
Yeah that's something to think about there...:bigthink:
I guess Double R should call for backup assistance when he backs into a restaurant from a 4 lane boulevard. And Belpre too when he's backing thousands of gallons of fuel into a busy corner gas station. That "nut" under Belpre's trailer would blow up the whole block! See the thing is you dont have the skills and the experience to back out of that situation so You keep on doing things your way Kev it's obviously working for ya.:clap: