User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If you were the company would you rather have the truck left at a secure location(authorized) or left at a truckstop ect.(unauthorized) That is the difference. Doesn't mean that is where they want the truck,just the lesser of two evils. Everyone reads(supposed to)and agrees as to the return of equipment. If the driver decides to quit when they are at a terminal the company is under no legal obligation to inform them of the consequences.
I don't agree with the repositioning of equipment for the company benefit but odds are it was explained in orientation.
From the company view if you tell the driver the truck must go to a different terminal there are good odds that you will eventually find it someplace in route.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Board Regular

[QUOTE=zipy46;437402]Do drivers generally rat out other drivers ?

uhhuh, around here they stab you in your back
drivers from another yard reported 2 of us for no hard hat and safety glasses while we both were fully equipped.
cut throat competition for loads and drivers with no seniority feel entitled to new equipment and more miles
Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Rookie

YES!!! J.B.HUNT CHANGED IT!

Finally.. wow what a nightmare to have to go through. getting accused for something you didnt do in this industry is literally carreer ending. after an internal investigation with all the info that i gave J.B.Hunt they took off the abandonment and updated thier records for my DAC report.

now all i have is a termination on my record. which while annoying i can live with and accept as a lesson learned.

but the biggest lesson ive learned is to CYOA.. pictures and proof will be my main priority and a signed reciept for the truck when i turn that bad boy in...wow.. please i pray none of you go through what i had to.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Board Icon

Congrats on getting it taken care of. From what I've been reading lately, JB Hunt is notorious for dinging peoples' DAC reports.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Rookie

McTurbo, glad you got part of your JB issue worked out, hope Roehl didn't ding your DAC to badly with the fifth wheel issue.

TomB, I remember many a cold night wrestling with a froze up fifth wheel. Last *&^%$ one was on a cold (close to -40) night picking up a load at the P & G lot in Green Bay, ticked off that those darn jaws wouldn't lock, worked that thing for close to 30 min. before she finally locked, but what really ticked me off was two fold. It was the night playoff game tween the Pack and the Giants, the Pack lost and I got stuck in all that traffic as the game let out.

Jonp, sorry to hear that things went down that way for you Groveton drivers, I used to think you guys had it made up there in NH. Loved those runs in and out of ME and the peace and quiet at the little Mainway T/S in Gorham.

When I left Roehl last year, I to worried that they might ding my DAC for not giving them enough notice when I left for the a local foodservice position here in the Twin Cities. Gave em only a few days notice, picked up my last load, relayed it to Marshfield, turned in the truck, and they politely asked if it was possible for me to do one more run to VA and back before leaving, told em sorry.
When I did my orientation at USF, my DAC was fine and Roehl gave them a fine recommendation.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Board Regular

STOP REPORTING CRAP! I dont know what it is with newbies and with some drivers in general but your dispatcher only needs to know when there is a REAL problem. Your dispatcher isnt your mama or your friend. Your dispatcher gives you loads. Thats pretty much it.
Why the hell would you report the dropped trailer? I had a trainee do it his first day in my truck. I'd taught him what to do etc. came out with paperwork got in hooked up truck and.. he did what you did. Didnt call mama dispatch and tell them. Told him to crank it up and not worry about it and now he knows why to do EXACTLY what i tell him. He turned into a damn good driver. Laptop cord melting and.. you call dispatch and say "hey my electronics are screwed mama and it melted my laptop cord!".. the truck probably fried your laptop but you felt the need to... get yourself in **** (80% of dispatchers are scumbags remembr this. the other 20% we value more than gold). You can challenge any dac entry period. When it REALLY comes down to it you can walk into a lawyers office and if they are lying he can give them an asspucker FAST. Their potential liability is huuuuge.

Getting fired: its about WHY you got fired. Trucking companies arent stupid and drivers are a Valuable commodity. If it was some stupid bull**** they arent going to give a cr*p. If youre a 1500 mile a week driver always complaining about everything and causing them to lose their ass... well they wouldnt want you anyway and frankly youre not cut out to be a driver.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid View Post
STOP REPORTING CRAP! I dont know what it is with newbies and with some drivers in general but your dispatcher only needs to know when there is a REAL problem. Your dispatcher isnt your mama or your friend. Your dispatcher gives you loads. Thats pretty much it.
Why the hell would you report the dropped trailer? I had a trainee do it his first day in my truck. I'd taught him what to do etc. came out with paperwork got in hooked up truck and.. he did what you did. Didnt call mama dispatch and tell them. Told him to crank it up and not worry about it and now he knows why to do EXACTLY what i tell him. He turned into a damn good driver. Laptop cord melting and.. you call dispatch and say "hey my electronics are screwed mama and it melted my laptop cord!".. the truck probably fried your laptop but you felt the need to... get yourself in **** (80% of dispatchers are scumbags remembr this. the other 20% we value more than gold). You can challenge any dac entry period. When it REALLY comes down to it you can walk into a lawyers office and if they are lying he can give them an asspucker FAST. Their potential liability is huuuuge.

Getting fired: its about WHY you got fired. Trucking companies arent stupid and drivers are a Valuable commodity. If it was some stupid bull**** they arent going to give a cr*p. If youre a 1500 mile a week driver always complaining about everything and causing them to lose their ass... well they wouldnt want you anyway and frankly youre not cut out to be a driver.

Are you talking to yourself on a three year old thread or am I missing something here...?