User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

607- Here is the info on FLA-

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: Florida will allow you 200 lbs over with no action.

Over-Gross Weight Procedures: If you get a ticket they will not make you offload unless you are 6,000 lbs or more over. The ticket acts as a permit and you will not get another ticket at a Florida scale if you are on the same load. If you buy fuel and are pulled into another scale, you can show your fuel ticket and they will add up the weight to make sure you didn't load more freight.

Overweight Fines and Consequences: Over gross or over axle fines are $.05/lb. If you are over gross and over axle, the fine is $10 for the first 600 lbs plus $.05/lb over that. They will give you 20 days to pay the ticket. If you don't pay it, the next truck with your DOT number that crosses a Florida scale will be detained until the fine is paid.

I think with your weights, you are probably fine.

And this is verifiable information information. Not some cyber-bully engagng in non-factual ad-hominen attacks. Just Google it and you can get various sources for scale tolerance policies in different states. The website I linked to in my previous post gives the following for OR & WA;

Oregon;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: If you are 500-1,000 lbs over you may only get a warning if you are not a repeat offender, depending on officer discretion.

Over-Gross Weight Procedures: If you get a ticket you will generally not have to offload. They will inform you of any weight-limited bridges up the road. If you are over gross and cross a load limited bridge, the fine is $311, if you received an over weight ticket from a scale prior to this, you also will get a ticket for failure to comply.

Washington;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: There is no over gross weight tolerance.

Overweight Fines and Consequences: As of December, 2005, over gross fines were $167 + $.03/lb. If you cross another scale over weight you may get another ticket.

Those are the facts, presented in a (hopefully) respectful, helpful and intelligent manner. Of course I understand that my preference for communicating in such a way probably disqualifies me from ever achieving any stature on this board, where you seem to have be a narcissistic punk and bully to get any respect.

I will also note that if your truck is clean & everything works, your logbook is current & legal, and your personal appearance & presentation are good, you stand a way better chance of being shown mercy by a LEO, especially on something like a small overweight. If you want a career as a truck driver, you will have to learn to manage a lot of small situations like this. Don't whine, don't bitch, say you're sorry, say thank you. I get messed with a lot less since I grew up, cut my hair, shaved and lost my biker attitude. If some people show LEO's, managers or customers the same attitude they exhibit here they are making their lives much more difficult than they have to be.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"

Last edited by LightsChromeHorsepower; 12-27-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: just cuz
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;430983

Oregon;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: If you are 500-1,000 lbs over you may only get a warning if you are not a repeat offender, depending on officer discretion.

Over-Gross Weight Procedures: If you get a ticket you will generally not have to offload. They will inform you of any weight-limited bridges up the road. If you are over gross and cross a load limited bridge, the fine is $311, if you received an over weight ticket from a scale prior to this, you also will get a ticket for failure to comply.

Washington;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: There is no over gross weight tolerance.

Overweight Fines and Consequences: As of December, 2005, over gross fines were $167 + $.03/lb. If you cross another scale over weight you may get another ticket.

Those are the facts, presented in a (hopefully) respectful, helpful and intelligent manner. Of course I understand that my preference for communicating in such a way probably disqualifies me from ever achieving any stature on this board, where you seem to have be a narcissistic punk and bully to get any respect.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shows how bright you are by getting your info from a 3rd party pay site..... I am typing slow so LCH can understand.....

LCH,

Roll over any Oregon scale with your dilluted axle weight thought process and see what happens.... When get that red light and are pulled in, make sure you take your compooter in and tell the Weighmaster that he/she is wrong because a internet site said you were ok on your axle weight......:roll::rofl::roll::lol2::roll:

Also use that dimwitted defense when you appear before a Judge.... Let me know when this happens as I want to be in the courtroom....:lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe you can bring a portable CB in and have another BBR act as your attorney......:rofl:
Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shows how bright you are by getting your info from a 3rd party pay site..... I am typing slow so LCH can understand.....

LCH,

Roll over any Oregon scale with your dilluted axle weight thought process and see what happens.... When get that red light and are pulled in, make sure you take your compooter in and tell the Weighmaster that he/she is wrong because a internet site said you were ok on your axle weight......:roll::rofl::roll::lol2::roll:

Also use that dimwitted defense when you appear before a Judge.... Let me know when this happens as I want to be in the courtroom....:lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe you can bring a portable CB in and have another BBR act as your attorney......:rofl:
I can't count the number of times I've been through Ashland or K Falls a few pounds over on one group. My first time through Wheeler Ridge last week I was over on drives and trailer. I have NEVER gotten a ticket for 200 or 300 pounds. When I cleaned the previous drivers stuff out of my current truck I found a 3,000 pound ticket that stated "Driver allowed to continue to destination to offload"

The load shown as my avatar went from Eugene, Oregon to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. With my permits I was still over on steers and drivers. I took everthing out of my side boxes, all my chains & binders off my headboard and was still a bit over with less than 1/2 fuel. I crossed every scale, no problem.

Because someone's opinion or life experience is different than yours, it doesn't mean they're wrong or that their sexuality is suspect.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower View Post
I can't count the number of times I've been through Ashland or K Falls a few pounds over on one group. My first time through Wheeler Ridge last week I was over on drives and trailer. I have NEVER gotten a ticket for 200 or 300 pounds. When I cleaned the previous drivers stuff out of my current truck I found a 3,000 pound ticket that stated "Driver allowed to continue to destination to offload"

The load shown as my avatar went from Eugene, Oregon to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. With my permits I was still over on steers and drivers. I took everthing out of my side boxes, all my chains & binders off my headboard and was still a bit over with less than 1/2 fuel. I crossed every scale, no problem.

Because someone's opinion or life experience is different than yours, it doesn't mean they're wrong or that their sexuality is suspect.
Now you are comparing to OS/OD permit loads ????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::roll::roll:

Keep grasping at those straws LCH........ :lol::lol::lol:
Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Board Icon

Quote:

I agree, and any more references by anyone to any other current or former CAD members' sexuality will result in a time out.

It isn't difficult to have a civil debate without bringing personal attacks into it. If that is too difficult for any of you to handle, then you best leave now.

*FYI, just because I referenced your post, LCH, does not mean this is directed at you specifically. It is directed at everyone.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Board Regular

Quote:

You can permit weight, just like you can dimensions. It just has to be an irreducible load, that is whatever is on the trailer is one piece with nothing that can be eaily removed to make it lighter.

Single trip overweight permits are quite common;

Western Regional Overlegal Permits

Of course this is something that may not be known by those who think that dragging a box down the interstate makes them a truck driver. The more you talk here, the less knowledgable you appear. Why don't you just give up? I think you could probably say, "Gosh, I think you might be right" once in your life without suffering a heart attack.

If memory serves me correctly, I was grossing about 105K with that crusher, way over 34k on the drives. I very nearly traded front tires with a buddy because he had the wider based 22.5's that would allow you to run heavier on your steer axle. (The max weight with a single trip permit is based on so many pounds per inch of tire width for your steers) When I hauled ag we had a seasonal overweight permit that allowed us to run heavy in Cali. I think some states allow blanket overweight permits to loggers too.

Oh, and the website I'm linking to here is .gov. So now you'll probably say that it's wrong too. To quote one of your own previous posts;

You might want to loosen that tinfoil wrapped around your head.....

Last edited by LightsChromeHorsepower; 12-27-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Why not?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I agree, and any more references by anyone to any other current or former CAD members' sexuality will result in a time out.

It isn't difficult to have a civil debate without bringing personal attacks into it. If that is too difficult for any of you to handle, then you best leave now.

*FYI, just because I referenced your post, LCH, does not mean this is directed at you specifically. It is directed at everyone.
I understand, I agree. I do find it interesting that one member can make all the following statements on this board and not get a "time out"

(edited - please stop posting those quotes over and over. I've deleted them twice already, plus edited them out of the offending posts. Reposting them is not helping in any way, shape, or form)

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, and I understand how difficult and thankless it is to be a moderator on any board, much less this one, but I'm just curious; where do you draw the line? Egregious, ad-hominen attacks really don't improve the experience of what could be a pretty cool community here. Any feedback from you would be appreciated.

Thanks for everything.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, and I understand how difficult and thankless it is to be a moderator on any board, much less this one, but I'm just curious; where do you draw the line?

I believe I already drew the line a few posts up.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:

WHEN have you been close to either with a load of flowers? So, what do YOU know about it?

By your OWN admission, you rarely get east of the Cascades, so what do you know of other states' requirements?

Cali is "out west" and they DO allow 200 lbs over on the steers. (From the horse's mouth at Banning.)

There are only a FEW states that require 12,000 on the steers anyways! MOST are based on tire PSI OR are set to 20,000 lbs!

40 lbs over on ANY axle group would not even get a second look from ANY scalemaster I've EVER encountered! And much more is allowed for steers due to fueling "variances."

Why don't you stick to giving advice about things you KNOW about like... running a successful trucking business of sorts... and leave the REAL truck driving questions to those who do 48 states?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
WHEN have you been close to either with a load of flowers? So, what do YOU know about it?

By your OWN admission, you rarely get east of the Cascades, so what do you know of other states' requirements?

Cali is "out west" and they DO allow 200 lbs over on the steers. (From the horse's mouth at Banning.)

There are only a FEW states that require 12,000 on the steers anyways! MOST are based on tire PSI OR are set to 20,000 lbs!

40 lbs over on ANY axle group would not even get a second look from ANY scalemaster I've EVER encountered! And much more is allowed for steers due to fueling "variances."

Why don't you stick to giving advice about things you KNOW about like... running a successful trucking business of sorts... and leave the REAL truck driving questions to those who do 48 states?
It's tire width, not inflation (PSI) but thanks for the support. Have you considered taking this guy to court for at least one of the things he said about you? My bet is that he will totally ignore this thread now that he is proved incorrect.