User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Part of problem may be that everyplace a guy stops for the night may not have showers i.e. rest areas or shippers. I try to get one everyother day at least but I have had to go two days, But some people look like they have gone two weeks.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Why not just take a shower? I carry baby wipes for cleaning up after handling hoses, after climbing multiple tanks to check for clean & tight, stuff like that. But the first item on the end of day list is a shower. If I sweat a ton I even wash my hair. Amazing what a couple bottles of water and shampoo can accomplish.

Baby wipes are great for cleaning the interior of the truck too.

This may astound you ...but some people like to put a little cologne on after a shower ...beleive it or not a little bit of good smelling cologne is actually a plus with most women ...I'm not talking about using a half bottle on top of funk from not bathing for days ,as that just creates a mutant funk worse than the non bathing funk .
Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
This may astound you ...but some people like to put a little cologne on after a shower ...beleive it or not a little bit of good smelling cologne is actually a plus with most women ...I'm not talking about using a half bottle on top of funk from not bathing for days ,as that just creates a mutant funk worse than the non bathing funk .
I guess I wasn't clear. Why slather on the cologne to coverup BO? Take a shower...then use a little if you so desire.

I'm so ugly, there isn't a cologne made that will help...as far as women go. :moon::moon::moon:
Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Part of problem may be that everyplace a guy stops for the night may not have showers i.e. rest areas or shippers. I try to get one everyother day at least but I have had to go two days, But some people look like they have gone two weeks.

:clap::clap::clap:

Those are the "Offenders"!! :eek2::eek2::eek2: The ones who just don't get it. They give every driver a bad rep.

I'm fortunate...as are most Tank-yankers...most of the shippers and receivers we work with, have shower facilities available for us to use. All we need do is ask. Baby wipes help with the BO situation when you get stuck out in the wilderness. :thumbsup: Even a "spit-bath" at a rest area is better than being funky for days on end.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 AM

try this:

FOXNews.com - Burger King Launches 'Flame'-Broiled Body Spray - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Old 12-19-2008, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Well, He did offer to pull someones trailer from Central Indiana to Des Moines when he sitting in Ohio. I think his qoute was "if I don't get anything soon I just might hook that trailer and bring it home for ya"

and did you not see my edit a couple minutes later saying how i didnt see it was a post from March of 2008? what is sad is that (edited), that you have to look up posts i've done on another thread, just to bust my balls.........LOL.......
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
You stated you would refuse loads going to places that the weather-man has "predicted " bad weather such as snow .
Okay, smart guy, i took this load of paper rolls from Nashville up to west of Chicago. I left early in the morning of the 18th, knowing the weather was going to get worse and worse. My schedule to drop wasnt till 1230p the following day. I arrived at the shipper and asked if there was a chance to get unloaded early. I had to wait 2 hours, but i did. Now as i sit, out of time till 3-4a, and the snow/sleet has begun to fall. They are forecasting sleet and rain (which will just turn to ice) south of I-80, and sleet/snow mix along the I-290/I-88 corridor. about an inch an hour will fall, and they are prediting 6" to 12" of snow, with an underlayer of ice.

Now my question is simple. You get a preplan for a load that takes you deeper into this storm, say you have to have it picked up by noon (oh, did i tell you, this warning dont expire till noon? so this storm will be around for most of the morning...) and then you have to deliver it in Omaha, NE by tomorrow night. You telling me that run would be 'safe' ??? LOL....be my guest, and run in that crap. I want to see your truck on the 6 o'clock news......but then we'd only see it for a long second, because the news would want to get video of the other 4 dozen cars/trucks/SUVs in the ditch.

..... oh and did you keep in mind i said you were now unloaded?? you are MT?

have a nice day.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Board Icon

You tell your employer before you load that you can't get it there within the allotted time due to inclement weather.

Chicago to Omaha is 467 miles. Assuming what you say is correct (you pick up by noon and deliver the next evening), you have been given approx. 30 hours to drive those 467 miles. That means you could drive 25 mph the entire way and still legally make it there on time. If you can't manage that kind of window, then you'd best turn your CDL in now. Or you can wait until your company fires you.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Okay, smart guy, i took this load of paper rolls from Nashville up to west of Chicago. I left early in the morning of the 18th, knowing the weather was going to get worse and worse. My schedule to drop wasnt till 1230p the following day. I arrived at the shipper and asked if there was a chance to get unloaded early. I had to wait 2 hours, but i did. Now as i sit, out of time till 3-4a, and the snow/sleet has begun to fall. They are forecasting sleet and rain (which will just turn to ice) south of I-80, and sleet/snow mix along the I-290/I-88 corridor. about an inch an hour will fall, and they are prediting 6" to 12" of snow, with an underlayer of ice.

Now my question is simple. You get a preplan for a load that takes you deeper into this storm, say you have to have it picked up by noon (oh, did i tell you, this warning dont expire till noon? so this storm will be around for most of the morning...) and then you have to deliver it in Omaha, NE by tomorrow night. You telling me that run would be 'safe' ??? LOL....be my guest, and run in that crap. I want to see your truck on the 6 o'clock news......but then we'd only see it for a long second, because the news would want to get video of the other 4 dozen cars/trucks/SUVs in the ditch.

..... oh and did you keep in mind i said you were now unloaded?? you are MT?

have a nice day.
I or we? are you still with your trainer or mentor or whomever?

maybe you shouldn't have been in such a rush to get unloaded early could have rolled in on time behind the storm. anyway your point is somewhat mute. you turn down that load and someone else will take it. because they realize that it dosen't pick up till noon and that means the salt shakers will have been out for hours cleaning up the roads. should be pretty smooth sailing by then. yes there are times to park it. honestly this doesn't sound like one of them.

Last edited by got mud?; 12-19-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud? View Post
I or we? are you still with your trainer or mentor or whomever?

maybe you shouldn't have been in such a rush to get unloaded early could have rolled in on time behind the storm. anyway your point is somewhat mute. you turn down that load and someone else will take it. because they realize that it dosen't pick up till noon and that means the salt shakers will have been out for hours cleaning up the roads. should be pretty smooth sailing by then. yes there are times to park it. honestly this doesn't sound like one of them.
Thats what we do here in the PNW..... Let the plows and sanders do their work.... and we have this minor issue of serious passes on the Interstates here.... Cabbage, Snoqualmie, 4th of July, Sexton, Canyon Creek, Ladd Canyon, and the Siskyous all 6 percent grades...... With kevin0915's attitude about driving in winter weather he would be sitting for 10 days here...... I-84 shutdown twice today from Pendleton to La Grande and I-5 was shutdown earlier today near Grants Pass