User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gee, sure wish I could refuse loads because of bad weather. Oh, wait, I can and could have but if I would have, I would have been sitting in Buffalo,NY till sometime tomorrow. Instead I took my time(that is how you drive in bad weather:thumbsup and made it back to the yard at 12:30. Left before at 8AM RIGHT WHEN THE STORM HIT! Lucky me.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 12-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
and did you not see my edit a couple minutes later saying how i didnt see it was a post from March of 2008? what is sad is that (edited), that you have to look up posts i've done on another thread, just to bust my balls.........LOL.......
No Kevin. I didnt look up your post, I read the forum and saw your post. By the way, Floored needs a trailer brought from the Northeast to California.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 PM

Kevin --

I don't mean to be unkind, but since you came to CAD in September, you've argued with and tried to insult everyone who's answered your questions. You slap every hand that's held out to you. Why are you here?

I've never heard a driver tell another driver, "You're late" in the hope of stealing an unload slot. She was ten minutes late? None of your business. You were unprofessional to say anything, especially in front of the receiver; if he had been in a hurry he would have unloaded you at her appointment time.

One driver is tailgating another? None of your business. Blasting the air horn--do you think anyone understood the message you thought you were sending? You can only drive one vehicle at a time. Forget about what other truck drivers look like or smell like. If you disapprove of what they do, don't do it.

Forget about offering to pull someone else's trailer with a Swift tractor. Sure, you realized that you'd answered an old post, but the point is this: you made the offer. Do it and you'll get yourself fired. Terminated for cause and with just two months' experience, you won't find another trucking job. And, yeah, it'll go into your DAC file. Don't believe me? Ask your DM about pulling unauthorized equipment, or call Jerry Moyes and put the question to him. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you.

As for tact and respect, you give them to get them, in trucking and in life. You've been given straightforward advice from experienced drivers: Snowman7, Rev.Vassago, and others. Snowman7 gently suggested an attitude adjustment. Your response, in a word, was "no." Do you honestly believe they all know less than you do? Clearly, Syncrosonix and CDSwans have learned to work Swift's system to their advantage. They're both on top of things and they're taking care of THEIR OWN business; you could learn a lot from them.

So far, you've got about eight WEEKS and less than 25,000 solo miles under your belt. The people here at CAD have MILLIONS of miles and YEARS under theirs (How do I know their answers to you are spot-on? I've driven 1.2 million OTR miles without accident or incident, that's how. I didn't do it by worrying about drivers who are late, drivers who tailgate, or drivers who don't bathe.).

Rev.Vassago is right (once again): turn the CB off. Why should other drivers shut up just because you're lurking? They're not on the road to live up to your expectations. Any one of them's got more seat time than you do. "Kevin's here! Everybody hush!" Yeah, right.

Here's one for you: "What's the difference between truck drivers and puppies? After six months the puppies stop whining." You don't have to wait six months.

Ditch the profanity and name-changing/name-calling. It makes you sound like you're 17, not 35.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC120 View Post
Kevin --

I don't mean to be unkind, but since you came to CAD in September, you've argued with and tried to insult everyone who's answered your questions. You slap every hand that's held out to you. Why are you here?

I've never heard a driver tell another driver, "You're late" in the hope of stealing an unload slot. She was ten minutes late? None of your business. You were unprofessional to say anything, especially in front of the receiver; if he had been in a hurry he would have unloaded you at her appointment time.

One driver is tailgating another? None of your business. Blasting the air horn--do you think anyone understood the message you thought you were sending? You can only drive one vehicle at a time. Forget about what other truck drivers look like or smell like. If you disapprove of what they do, don't do it.

Forget about offering to pull someone else's trailer with a Swift tractor. Sure, you realized that you'd answered an old post, but the point is this: you made the offer. Do it and you'll get yourself fired. Terminated for cause and with just two months' experience, you won't find another trucking job. And, yeah, it'll go into your DAC file. Don't believe me? Ask your DM about pulling unauthorized equipment, or call Jerry Moyes and put the question to him. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you.

As for tact and respect, you give them to get them, in trucking and in life. You've been given straightforward advice from experienced drivers: Snowman7, Rev.Vassago, and others. Snowman7 gently suggested an attitude adjustment. Your response, in a word, was "no." Do you honestly believe they all know less than you do? Clearly, Syncrosonix and CDSwans have learned to work Swift's system to their advantage. They're both on top of things and they're taking care of THEIR OWN business; you could learn a lot from them.

So far, you've got about eight WEEKS and less than 25,000 solo miles under your belt. The people here at CAD have MILLIONS of miles and YEARS under theirs (How do I know their answers to you are spot-on? I've driven 1.2 million OTR miles without accident or incident, that's how. I didn't do it by worrying about drivers who are late, drivers who tailgate, or drivers who don't bathe.).

Rev.Vassago is right (once again): turn the CB off. Why should other drivers shut up just because you're lurking? They're not on the road to live up to your expectations. Any one of them's got more seat time than you do. "Kevin's here! Everybody hush!" Yeah, right.

Here's one for you: "What's the difference between truck drivers and puppies? After six months the puppies stop whining." You don't have to wait six months.

Ditch the profanity and name-changing/name-calling. It makes you sound like you're 17, not 35.
damn good post!!! i don't know what wrong with him man.. like when i was new me and the rev got into and marten all the time but then i realized like hey "these guys are experience truck drivers, i should know better" and since april i haven't gotten into a heated name calling disagreement since.. but i guess he's just one of those guys.. lord forbid some of the truck stops on 81 in VA i be going to, he start slick talking over that cb's guys going to hunt his a$$ down!!

Another thing he thinks everybody hates him cause he drives for Swift... Dude i drive a slow ass ugly bright piece of equipment, i'll take a Swifty Pro star any day.. but Syncrosonix comes here post regularly and doesn't get run off about how people talk about swift.. I'm pretty sure he see's it but he dont take the **** personal... You see it and you think someone is attacking you... When in the Real Truck Driver thread you all of sudden came out of nowhere and said the guy as talking about all OTR/Coolie drivers cause he said a real truck driver don't have a Qualcomn in his truck.. and you took the **** to heart!! get real man, relax man, soak up some of this knowledge, Apply it, it will make you a better truck driver in the long run!!

Now go ahead and attack me like you do everyone else....
Old 12-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The fact is that just because a storm is coming doesn't necessarily mean that commerce stops. Sometimes anticipated storms don't materialize of change directions. As professionals we must deal with what comes our way. I don't care to drive in heavy snow but can and have on many occasions. It is just another part of the job. I won't risk my life, but also won't always stop when the snow begins. I may alter my route to go around a severe storm but that isn't always possible nor practical. The best thing to do is learn how to drive in severe weather conditions.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
damn good post!!! i don't know what wrong with him man.. like when i was new me and the rev got into and marten all the time but then i realized like hey "these guys are experience truck drivers, i should know better" and since april i haven't gotten into a heated name calling disagreement since.. but i guess he's just one of those guys.. lord forbid some of the truck stops on 81 in VA i be going to, he start slick talking over that cb's guys going to hunt his a$$ down!!

Another thing he thinks everybody hates him cause he drives for Swift... Dude i drive a slow ass ugly bright piece of equipment, i'll take a Swifty Pro star any day.. but Syncrosonix comes here post regularly and doesn't get run off about how people talk about swift.. I'm pretty sure he see's it but he dont take the **** personal... You see it and you think someone is attacking you... When in the Real Truck Driver thread you all of sudden came out of nowhere and said the guy as talking about all OTR/Coolie drivers cause he said a real truck driver don't have a Qualcomn in his truck.. and you took the **** to heart!! get real man, relax man, soak up some of this knowledge, Apply it, it will make you a better truck driver in the long run!!

Now go ahead and attack me like you do everyone else....
I don't care who you drive for..... as long as you drive safely, follow the rules, and act and drive as a pro....:thumbsup:
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Board Regular

i wonder if kevin told me to shut up on the radio? man, if i don't get told that 20 times a day i feel like a failure. as for the advice he recieves, it is excellent. you know guys, there comes a time when you need to realize that you cannot help someone that does not want to help themselves. i do the same route day after day, after day, after day, after day, after day...sorry i got lost. it snows and gets freezing rain on my route all the time. i slow down, or pull off till i feel the roads are safe. this is something kevin can do but he refuses the loads. he will never learn and he will never last long in the proffession. oh, well. stop wasting you time and energy on this clown. merry christmas to all and to all a good night.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
you know guys, there comes a time when you need to realize that you cannot help someone that does not want to help themselves..................... oh, well. stop wasting you time and energy on this clown.

Eventually, it just becomes fun to keep offering advice, and having him shoot down everything with the "they picked on me first" attitude.

Plus, I'm sure there are others who are reading and not posting who are getting some damn good advice from this thread.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Board Regular

very true rev.!! like i say, sometimes you gotta entertain yourself..
Old 12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
....... like i say, sometimes you gotta entertain yourself..
That's just TMI.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE