User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
the words "kettle" and "black" come to mind for some reason.
Yeah - because several people have said that phrase to you. I don't have the luxury of ignoring your posts.

Quote:
and how in hell can you judge someones skill or ability to drive a truck when you've never seen them do so?
Please point out where I have ever judged your skill or ability to drive a truck.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Can you just go one week without the need to antagonize me?

the "YOU" is in the form of "figure of speech". i.e. "...YOU people..." LOL....several people? you cant count very well, huh.

is it so hard to AGREE with the fact that this board is here to HELP newbie drivers? is it so hard to understand i have NEVER attacked without being attacked? maybe you need to use your mod powers and go back into history, and see where i turned to the dark side. if you can actually view posts with an open mind.....you'll see it.

Last edited by Kevin0915; 12-13-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
is it so hard to AGREE with the fact that this board is here to HELP newbie drivers? is it so hard to understand i have NEVER attacked without being attacked? maybe you need to use your mod powers and go back into history, and see where i turned to the dark side. if you can actually view posts with an open mind.....you'll see it.
Never attacked without being attacked? How 'bout never attacking, REGARDLESS of what others say? An eye for an eye, right? With that logic, we'd all be blind!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Senior Board Member

so you're saying...state your opinion...then have someone call you unskilled, a failure, and whatever else, and you'd think "that is okay....ill just take it."? sorry, i never have been like that. someone get in my face, i'm right back in theirs. i dont bow my head, say "sorry you're right" and walk away like a little priss.
i can take someones different opinion, or when someone happens to tell me i might be wrong.

to hit below the belt saying i'll fail, or i'm not skilled enough .... please....that is a coward.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Board Regular

Never said anything of the sort! Never did I say that you should bow out and admit you were wrong.

What I did say was that replying with attacks and insults will only do two things. First, it'll piss everyone off. Second, it will completely destroy all credibility you have.

Look at the way most others post on here. Heck, I get into "arguments" with people here all the time, but never, EVER do I resort to name calling or ridicule. I just back up what I say, bring new facts to the table, and carry on like that. If someone resorts to that kind of thing, I ignore it, because it adds NOTHING of value to the thread.

If someone argues with you, prove them wrong...don't call them names!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Can you just go one week without the need to antagonize me?
:cry:

Quote:
the "YOU" is in the form of "figure of speech". i.e. "...YOU people..."
You quoted me. If you meant someone else, then you should have stated such.

Quote:
is it so hard to AGREE with the fact that this board is here to HELP newbie drivers?
This board isn't simply here for newbies. It is here for CDL holders, their families, and anyone else who is interested in trucks or trucking.

Quote:
is it so hard to understand i have NEVER attacked without being attacked?
That doesn't make you above the rules, and I haven't seen you point out any such attacks.

Quote:
maybe you need to use your mod powers and go back into history, and see where i turned to the dark side. if you can actually view posts with an open mind.....you'll see it.
http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...ew-mentor.html

There is the thread where you started attacking for the first time. You started by going after headborg, who simply asked some questions regarding driving time (and even told you he wasn't trying to belittle you), then switched to Jumbo, who simply gave an opinion. It snowballed from there, and you haven't stopped since.

Quote:
so you're saying...state your opinion...then have someone call you unskilled, a failure, and whatever else, and you'd think "that is okay....ill just take it."? sorry, i never have been like that. someone get in my face, i'm right back in theirs. i dont bow my head, say "sorry you're right" and walk away like a little priss.
i can take someones different opinion, or when someone happens to tell me i might be wrong.

to hit below the belt saying i'll fail, or i'm not skilled enough .... please....that is a coward.
If you have a problem with someone attacking you personally, then click the little "alert" icon on the post, and let the mods take a look at it. If it is a violation of the rules, then it will be dealt with via the proper channels.

Violating the rules yourself in retaliation is not making the problem go away, it is only adding fuel to the fire. If you simply want to be a "back seat moderator", or you just want to attack others because they hurt your feelings, then you will be dealt with accordingly.

Someone saying they think you'll fail because of your attitude is their opinion. You've admitted yourself that you are a new driver, and don't know everything (in the above mentioned thread). But any time someone has pointed out where you were wrong, you went on the attack.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

glad you posted that. If you notice my dealings with him right away were friendly and respectful. Notice how it wasnt till he started questioning my ability (something nobody knows unless they have physically SEEM me drive the truck) to drive a truck? the whole "9 straight hours" seemed to be a sticking point with him and others as it kept coming up.

Am i above the rules? hardly....i expect everyone to follow them, INCLUDING YOU, and not flash your new badge and try to make me nervous.

When someone points something out where i am wrong, when i KNOW i am right, you're damned right i am going to defend my position. Not some joe schmo whos going to let someone give me their 'tude, and then 'just take it'.

Last edited by Kevin0915; 12-13-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Notice how it wasnt till he started questioning my ability (something nobody knows unless they have physically SEEM me drive the truck) to drive a truck? the whole "9 straight hours" seemed to be a sticking point with him and others as it kept coming up.
It kept coming up because you were whining about people taking issue with anyone driving 9 hours straight with no stops. Nobody attacked you personally, but you certainly did. Heck - you even attacked me in another thread because I told you to go to your employer with what you had posted and talk to them (which is what you ended up doing anyway).

Quote:
Am i above the rules? hardly....i expect everyone to follow them, INCLUDING YOU, and not flash your new badge and try to make me nervous.
What you expect people to do is irrelevant here. If you want to expect certain things, then go start your own trucking message board.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Board Member

lol....i attacked you? think you need to click on your own link and then just .... shhhhhh. let it go already, and ill shut up about it.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Smile

For what little my 2 cents is worth.... I haven't had much to say of late because I've gotten a little tired of telling different people the same thing over and over. Afterall, how many times can you advise a newbie to stay away from a bottom-feeder outfit?

And I have actually had some other pursuits take precedence....like working on my boat, and spending more time with my lovely wife, particularly when I'm at home.

I don't think the board is dead....I do think some of us have just tired of some of the redundancy and have just decided to not say too much....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.