User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It is astounding how many here are attempting to justify the " Trainers" actions by being in the bunk....... :roll:

With very poor weather, heavy load, and a very inexperienced trainee at the helm and the " trainer " is in the sleeper ( semantics ).......
Old 11-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Rookie
Default Wrong

Swift...Sni...JB and the biggys have no reason to close down there training programs. They get tax subcides to not close them down. Why is it, that they can make it at .00277 per mile? (after fuel surcharge) tHINK ABOUT IT? Or don't?

But please, if you decide to drive the East coast, get a firgin hands free!! Most you FF's can even drive with bith hands.

Be safe
Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
and his trainer was sound asleep in the bunk......... Pathetic....

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washin...186f1a7d9.html
fat, stuid and drunk is no way to go through life? Then What the **** are you doing here?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinphoenix View Post
fat, stuid and drunk is no way to go through life? Then What the **** are you doing here?
If you are going to attempt to insult someone...... Please spell properly....:roll:
Old 11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
i am sometimes distracted by females in passing vehicles. especially if i can see lots o' cleavage, a short skirt, a nice pair of legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee View Post
i need to remember to wear pants when i drive in my car then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTURBO View Post
And, it's possitively amazing what those "REQUIRED" seatbelts do to accent what a lady has "up front"...:whistle::whistle::whistle::nixon::nixon: :clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You guys (and YOU, TOO, STAN...I saw that)!!!

Humphry Davy
Old 11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Senior Board Member

One final thought from me on this subject.

For those whom would excuse the "Trainer" that was in the sleeper. Would you...COULD YOU...forgive yourself for being in the sleeper, while your "Trainee" was out front dying?

It only takes a few seconds to notice a "trainee" is getting in over "The Head" and to correct the trainee's actions. You can not do that from the bunk.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm not going to say that training should'nt be just that...training....as opposed to what it is cheap teams and government free money to the company...But from a legal aspect the "Student" is by the state issuing the classA license already a qualified driver who has demonstrated his/her ability to safely/satisfactorly operate a combination vehicle...therefore it would be perfectly legal for swift to hire a driver who just got their cdl and hand them the keys to a truck with absoulutely no trainer or extended training period ...Now if we were talking a driver with a "learners" permit then yes a "licensed" cdl holder would need be in jump seat while trainng as the driver would only have a learners permit...But since they both have valid classA license they both are qualified to operate that vehicle legally without a trainer in jump seat ...So by law swift is not negligant as they had a licensd cdl-A holder driving their truck ...Show me legally where they screwed up ?...you can't because they did nothing illegal ...I'm not saying it's a good thing ,but I am saying your confusing personal feelings/opinions with legal fact.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
I'm not going to say that training should'nt be just that...training....as opposed to what it is cheap teams and government free money to the company...But from a legal aspect the "Student" is by the state issuing the classA license already a qualified driver who has demonstrated his/her ability to safely/satisfactorly operate a combination vehicle...therefore it would be perfectly legal for swift to hire a driver who just got their cdl and hand them the keys to a truck with absoulutely no trainer or extended training period ...Now if we were talking a driver with a "learners" permit then yes a "licensed" cdl holder would need be in jump seat while trainng as the driver would only have a learners permit...But since they both have valid classA license they both are qualified to operate that vehicle legally without a trainer in jump seat ...So by law swift is not negligant as they had a licensd cdl-A holder driving their truck ...Show me legally where they screwed up ?...you can't because they did nothing illegal ...I'm not saying it's a good thing ,but I am saying your confusing personal feelings/opinions with legal fact.

***SIGH*** :roll::roll:

Go to this link, http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...t-night-2.html , scroll down to where I posted the pertainent 49CFR.

Read the entire CFR regulation...it is posted there. If you doubt that what I posted is real....GOGGLE 49 CFR, go to the government website, the search driver training regulations.

Since Mr. Fay was not only a "Entry Level" driver, but also an "Entry Level" driver, operating an LCV, both sub paragraphs of the regulation apply.

If this accident was anything more than driver error, such as a "Cut Off" incident, there will be all types of investigations done. If it involves equipment failure, then the FMSCA and NHTSA will be involved.

Last edited by Orangetxguy; 11-12-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Board Regular

why not let the poor guy rest in peace. someone died. MAYBE someone could have prevented that. we will never know. maybe the real punishment here is that the TRAINER will have to live the rest of his live wondering the same thing. i THINK that big d's argument is just that..he wonders if it could have been prevented. he questioned some of the larger companies training techniques, that is all..and he is angry that someone died that maybe should have lived. lets move on to a roaring debate on local vs otr.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
***SIGH*** :roll::roll:

Go to this link, http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...t-night-2.html , scroll down to where I posted the pertainent 49CFR.

Read the entire CFR regulation...it is posted there. If you doubt that what I posted is real....GOGGLE 49 CFR, go to the government website, the search driver training regulations.

Since Mr. Fay was not only a "Entry Level" driver, but also an "Entry Level" driver, operating an LCV, both sub paragraphs of the regulation apply.

If this accident was anything more than driver error, such as a "Cut Off" incident, there will be all types of investigations done. If it involves equipment failure, then the FMSCA and NHTSA will be involved.

The CFR Regs on Driver Training do not state anything about who should, or shouldn't be in the passenger seat when a trainee is driving. If it is there, pull it up and post it.