User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why a court would allow someone to plead guilty to a charge and then dismiss it? That doesn't make any sense. Most prosecutors would not drop charges when they already have a guilty plea. They get brownie points for convictions. They could care less if someone is guilty or innocent as long as they get their conviction.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Rookie

well the allegations were found to be untrue. I guess really the fact that they were dismissed means nothing. The charge that was clearly dismissed is haunting him. He thought since it was dismissed (and what the county officials told him) that it wouldnt be on his criminal background report. He was prehired with a company and they are refusing to hire him now becasue of this dismissed charge. We are wondering if there are less stringent companies out there that he should apply too.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Just something to think about....

If the Mega-carriers dont want to touch him, the local/LTL carriers will surely RUN away from him, even if he has 1-2 years OTR experience.

In MOST cases, local jobs are reserved for drivers with the most squeeky-clean records. Driving/criminal. Especially in this current situation where there isnt alot of hiring going on to begin with.

IMO, if he's going to get into driving, get used to doing OTR for a while. Of course you might be able to get a job with a mom-pop local coal bucket outfit or somethin like that.

Sorry if I downed ya, but it is nice to know the truth.
Good luck. Keep us posted.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Rookie

He is expecting to do OTR...if he can get a job. Some day he wants local. This has cost a lot of money to get his CDL. He was prehired, which was a huge plus, or so he thought. Now all his hard work, just gives him a CDL with no job and probably no prospect for one, since obviously this world is messed up beyond repair. Seems odd to me that companies hire people with DUI's but won't consider a offense that was dismissed. We will keep optimistic that someone has some suggestions, or some one will give him a chance.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerwifewi View Post
He is expecting to do OTR...if he can get a job. Some day he wants local. This has cost a lot of money to get his CDL. He was prehired, which was a huge plus, or so he thought. Now all his hard work, just gives him a CDL with no job and probably no prospect for one, since obviously this world is messed up beyond repair. Seems odd to me that companies hire people with DUI's but won't consider a offense that was dismissed. We will keep optimistic that someone has some suggestions, or some one will give him a chance.
Got an idea that may help long term:
Have you ever considered having his record expunged? Expungement is a legal term for legally erasing a record from your file. It will not exist at all when it is expunged. Here is the website for expunging a record in Minnesota ;
http://www.mncourts.gov/selfhelp/?page=330

You may not even need an attorney for this.

BOL!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerwifewi View Post
We are in the minneapolis area. he has been rejected by werner, HOW, roehl, maybe some others. He just wants a job to get maybe 6 months experience so then he can get a more local job.

I'm fairly sure that he will pass muster at CRST. 8 month contract and you're out the door. (used to be just six) CRST is team only, but has a shorter contract length and they are not as picky regarding backgrounds.

Tell him to get his 8 months in, go back to Minneapolis and start hauling fuel. 50-70K per year. Home every day. Best kept secret in truck driving.

That's how I did it!

Good luck!

Last edited by belpre122; 11-02-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Depends where your at I guess.
Fuel hauling around here only pays $17/hr. And thats the better paying one..
4/10 hour days = $680 x 52 weeks = $35,360/year

Adapt and overcome.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Big 10-4 on all of the above Jimbo. Indianapolis is around $20.00 as a standard. There are some coolie carrier fuel outfits that pay around $15.00, but they work 60-70 hours a week, so the 20-30 hours of OT brings the pay up.

By choice I run "per load" as I work nights and weekends and don't screw around. Last night I worked exactly 12 hours. $313.60 for the night.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Big 10-4 on all of the above Jimbo. Indianapolis is around $20.00 as a standard. There are some coolie carrier fuel outfits that pay around $15.00, but they work 60-70 hours a week, so the 20-30 hours of OT brings the pay up.

By choice I run "per load" as I work nights and weekends and don't screw around. Last night I worked exactly 12 hours. $313.60 for the night.
Cost-of-living is way the pay is different between the two cities. $35,000/Yr around here is good, but would suck lets say on the other side of the state(Philly).

Your "per-load" seems to make you good money.:thumbsup:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE