Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Help with finding a job (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36060-help-finding-job.html)

truckerwifewi 11-02-2008 01:27 AM

Help with finding a job

My husband just got his CDL. He has a misdemeanor charge from 6 yrs ago that he was charged with, but then it was dismissed. It seems that this is causing him to not be able to get a trucking job. Does anyone have any suggestions of any companies that will hire him. He has a spotless driving record. Any help would be appreciated.

Jumbo 11-02-2008 01:52 AM

Where are you located? What type of driving does he want to do? Who has rejected his application?

truckerwifewi 11-02-2008 01:21 AM

job help

We are in the minneapolis area. he has been rejected by werner, HOW, roehl, maybe some others. He just wants a job to get maybe 6 months experience so then he can get a more local job.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-02-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckerwifewi (Post 421172)
My husband just got his CDL. He has a misdemeanor charge from 6 yrs ago that he was charged with, but then it was dismissed. It seems that this is causing him to not be able to get a trucking job. Does anyone have any suggestions of any companies that will hire him. He has a spotless driving record. Any help would be appreciated.

Must be a drug charge ...because I started driving in 2005 and in 2001 I parked my ex lifted Jeep on a hill at Wal-mart where they plow the excess snow to in winter...The Walmart had no issue with my parking ,but a Jeffco sherrif decided he did, and after 1.5 hrs of thumbing through the books he wrote me for...criminal tampering ...It was completly BS and the officer could not understand why the manager of that store wanted nothing to do with him...It was tossed out by the DA and she appologized for the inconveinience and asked if there was pre existing problems between the officer and I ...However this incidents shows on a full background check as charged/dismissed...it dos not show on usis .

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-02-2008 01:36 AM

Are they finding this info or are you telling them ...b/c if it's not a conviction it's probably not on dac/usis ...or was this a charge he plead guilty to for deal ?

Also most company apps read like this...Have you ever been convicted of...felony or misdemeanor ...not have you ever been charged with either.

truckerwifewi 11-02-2008 01:48 AM

help with job

no, its not a drug charge. it was one he plead guilty to and then it was dismissed(it was a child neglect charge). it is on the usis.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-02-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckerwifewi (Post 421194)
no, its not a drug charge. it was one he plead guilty to and then it was dismissed(it was a child neglect charge). it is on the usis.

By pleading guilty to the court for the deal he took blame or guilt for the charges and on record hows guity ,so in the eyes of a company it's a guilty charge because he plead guilty to the charges .

truckerwifewi 11-02-2008 02:16 AM

True, but it was dismissed and according to his criminal record he was not convicted since it was dismissed. My question was are there companies that can over look it. it was 7 years ago and he has no speeding tickets or accidents ever.

Blind Driver 11-02-2008 02:59 AM

There are still local companies that will hire him. Gotta burn up that shoe leather.

Jumbo 11-02-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckerwifewi (Post 421184)
We are in the minneapolis area. he has been rejected by werner, HOW, roehl, maybe some others. He just wants a job to get maybe 6 months experience so then he can get a more local job.

Just my opinion. If he is having that hard of a time finding a job he should work for whoever hires him for the magic year. You dont want to seen as a job hopper on top of the problem he already has.