User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

When was the last time Mr. Mom/uturn drove a big rig in the big city ??
Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
the first week was nerve racking.. :shock: :shock: :shock: .... after that it was just annoying... :? :? :? .....and after that it became second nature :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
What he said! It's all about the directions. If you get good directions, the rest is usually pretty harmless.
And DON'T get those directions from a GPS either. Actually CALL the customer and ASK someone in the shipping/recieving dept. for directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
Ihear a lot about how bad new jersey is
I hear the samething EVER week when I am there. It's easy to get around NJ I enjoy going there weekly

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

If you drive OTR, you will hardly ever go into any part of a city that is just that bad. Most of your 'city' experience will either just be driving through on interstate or major highway, where it's all about slow moving traffic. Or in the occasions you do pick up or deliver in a major city, it's often going to be on the outskirts, or easy to access industrial parks. Of course that will depend on what you haul though. Only once did I ever have to actually deliver inside of a major city, and that was a railyard just outside downtown Chicago, and honestly, that was easyer then going to towns like York, PA, or any one of the little crap towns dotting the Northeast!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
If you drive OTR, you will hardly ever go into any part of a city that is just that bad. Most of your 'city' experience will either just be driving through on interstate or major highway, where it's all about slow moving traffic. Or in the occasions you do pick up or deliver in a major city, it's often going to be on the outskirts, or easy to access industrial parks. Of course that will depend on what you haul though. Only once did I ever have to actually deliver inside of a major city, and that was a railyard just outside downtown Chicago, and honestly, that was easyer then going to towns like York, PA, or any one of the little crap towns dotting the Northeast!
Never picked up or delivered in Pittsburgh or Philly I take it. Pittsburgh especially does not have many "outskirts" that are industrial.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Never picked up or delivered in Pittsburgh or Philly I take it. Pittsburgh especially does not have many "outskirts" that are industrial.
I've gone through pittsburg a lot, but never picked up or delivered there, however I lived in Philly for a while, so I know it well enough to get around without problems.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've gone through pittsburg a lot, but never picked up or delivered there, however I lived in Philly for a while, so I know it well enough to get around without problems.
Could you please tell me were PITTSBURG. I know were PITTSBURGH is.

Just like I know how to get around PittsburgH very well :wink:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I cyber slap you!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

How much do you OTR guys get paid to lug them 53' monstrosities around town bumping curbs and pissing everyone off? Oh that's right: $0.00! Mileage pay cuts off at the post office limits. :lol: :lol:

Another one of those "part of the job" things... :lol:
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
How much do you OTR guys get paid to lug them 53' monstrosities around town bumping curbs and pissing everyone off? Oh that's right: $0.00! Mileage pay cuts off at the post office limits. :lol: :lol:

Another one of those "part of the job" things... :lol:
WOW, last time I checked I got paid VERY WELL to deliver into cities. Oh wait, I DON'T DO OTR :lol:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now that's funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You "were" right about the spelling, except when you were spelling "where" :P