User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Hmm

[quote="cdreid"] As to where hmm.. how's 501 to big island va.[quote= "cdreid"]

so my uncles and cousins who have took 85,000 pounds worth of logs and chips to that wood mill on 501 in big island is one of the greatest truckers alive right??
Old 07-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Malaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid
I'll check those out. And of course i did miss the sign. The worst thing about 501 wasnt that it was too skinny for a big truck (btw theres no reason a 13'6" truck would have a problem. Theres a 13'5" bridge in there but you have to do it both ways i beleive anyway)
Well there ya go, that is why it says no trucks over a certain height. Keep on with the tough guy act, when your stuck under a low bridge all of us here will take a minute or more to laugh. Yes you missed the sign but then turning around and saying that a 13-6 truck has no problem with a 13-5 bridge clearance? Did you fail math class? There is a reason why the sign says no trucks over 13-2. :roll:

Quote:
The worst thing was knowing some drunken teenagers could be partying and hammering down on that road as i came around a curve blocking both lanes. I used my airhorn a LOT.
Naive are we? You think every backroad you run at night will have teens drunk on it? Try not being so naive, it's not just the teens you need to be worried about. Maybe in your neck of the woods it's a problem with drunk teens driving but around here it's more adults doing it.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There are many, MANY good comments on this thread, but... If you REALLY WANT TO MAKE THE HIWAYS SAFER......
SEND THIS TO A NATIONAL NEWPAPER FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO READ!!!!!

Quote:
4wheeler:

1. DONT slam on the brakes in front of me. Ever. Why is this confusing?
2. DONT sit beside my truck because you're scared. Sitting beside my rear wheels is the most dangerous place on earth you could be. Yet you sit back and to the left of my truck waiting to get the guts to pass then sit on my tandems.. showing your not scared? I would NEVER sit by a truck. Ever. A wind in Il can move the trailer 5 feet in am millisecond. I'll feel guilty when i see your relatives mourning the soup in yoru coffin.
3. FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR FOG! They dont make you look cool. They make you look like an egotistical idiot who doesnt care that he's blinding the crap out of truckers.
4. Cut your high beams OFF if you can see headlights. If im blind i cannot NOT run over your a**.
5. If a truck is turning at an intersection and stops because he cant get around you.. do not pull up closer! If you're under the impression i'll back up or move your'e wrong. Feel free to call the police as they'll come tell you to move and force the other idiots to move as well.
6. Dont try the road rage thing. My truck is 70 feet long, weighs up to 80k pounds and i'll win every time whether i like it or not. And if you force me into a choice between you, me, and the family in another car you'll lose. The police probably wont give me a ticket either btw.
7. Shooting birds etc is fine. We DO make mistakes though so you know you make many many many times as many. We're sorry if we do as i assume you are too. But if you want to hop around a truck, slam on yoru brakes etc one of several things is going to happen. A: i'm going to call the troopers and they WILL pull you.
b: You're going to go too far, get yourself killed and cost me 2 hours while the trooper takes my statement then sends me on.
c: You very well find you messed with the wrong guy and that he follows you to your next stop and beats you to a pulp. You think fistfights scare a guy who just pulled 80,000 pounds down a 7% grade on ice? Think again.
It does little good to tell us what we already know. You have to get it to a media that is read by all the other careers.