User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Advice for drivers (and 4 wheelers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid
Ive been driving 3+ years
Such a salty old veteran.

Quote:
but i learn every day and frankly am glad when i finally overcome my ego and recognise ways i could be better.
So, you're claiming that you've overcome your ego? Have you even reviewed your post that you've made here?

Quote:
4. Cut your high beams OFF if you can see headlights. If im blind i cannot NOT run over your a**.
Not that you don't have a point here, but in three years of driving, are you trying to tell me that you've never encountered anyone who failed to dim their high beams, or else have run them all over?

Quote:
c: You very well find you messed with the wrong guy and that he follows you to your next stop and beats you to a pulp. You think fistfights scare a guy who just pulled 80,000 pounds down a 7% grade on ice? Think again.
At which point, said trucker may very find himself

a: further frustrated when the four wheeler loses them on the next hill.
b: stranded on some back road with no idea as to where they actually are once the four wheeler loses them.
c: on the losing side of that fight.
d: staring down the barrel of a shotgun.

Save the macho BS. It's not impressing anyone.

Quote:
Quit whining/complaining/criticising. Nobody cares. Ya you're supertrucker and the worlds mean to you. Grow up.
Pot... this is kettle.... just wanted to tell you that you're black.... :roll:

Quote:
PS If you have Swift, Werner, JB Hunt (company), Prime etc on the side of yoru truck there is never EVER a reason for you to be in the hammer lane.
Yes, Swift.. if you find yourself coming up on a dump truck or RVer that can only pull 25 MPH up a hill, while you have some macho BBR sort riding right up your ass, you're expected to hit the brakes and risk getting rear ended, rather than inconvenience someone with so much experience and authority as the starter of this thread by changing lanes :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 07-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Board Regular
Default You're just who i was talking about

Jeffyboy.

You just spent an amazing amount of time trying to nitpick and make personal attacks on someone you know jack about. Amazing how hard you had to spin to make those personal attacks too. You are exactly the steering wheel holder i was speaking too.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hmm

Quote:
I expected quite a few whiney comments specifically from those with a guilty conscience..

As to where hmm.. how's 501 to big island va. SR64 west from hendersonvile, nc to franklin, nc to name a few. BTW the cop on sr64 was so impressed he said if i could make it across that road without wrecking i deserved a free pass.

As to being too blunt and obnoxious.. well ya very true.

And to joebob-swifty: never been fired anywhere in my life bubba. Too close to home eh..
Those are baby roads...
Try US 33 from Harrisonburg, VA to Elkins, WV.
Try US 250 from Staunton, VA to Elkins, WV.
Try US 50 from Winchester, VA to Clarksburg, WV.
Try US 250 from Fairmont, WV to Wheeling, WV.
Try US 30 from Latrobe, PA to State College, PA during a winter storm.

As for 501 to Big Island, I suggest you take a look at the signs that plainly make that road illegal for trucks unless your total length is under 65' or your truck is under 13'2" . I go into/out of the GP plant there quite a bit.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: You're just who i was talking about

Quote:
Jeffyboy.

You just spent an amazing amount of time trying to nitpick and make personal attacks on someone you know jack about. Amazing how hard you had to spin to make those personal attacks too. You are exactly the steering wheel holder i was speaking too.
You probably run your jakebrake on low in the pilot parking lot too. :roll:
Yes a personal attack, but hey I'm probably right too.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: You're just who i was talking about

Quote:
Jeffyboy.

Hey, pumpkin.. little news for you.
1: I don't need to know anything about you. Your little rant gives me all I need to know. What your favourite TV show is, or anything else about you, is really irrelevant.
2: I've just been called a steering wheel holder by someone who claims that it's impossible not to run over an oncoming four wheeler with its high beams on. Think about that for a second. Suffice to say, I'm not going to waste time in dismissing your misguided and unfounded opinion of me.
3: Nitpicking your post was a process which took... somewhere between five and ten minutes. It really wasn't anything difficult to do.
4: I may not know anything about you (aside from what I gathered from your posts).. on the same token, you know nothing about me, either.

Keep trying. One day, you just might get it right.

And perhaps I'll become the Pope, as well :roll:
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Senior Board Member

You know what, my post was not directed at you actually. I hit the wrong quote.
It was for the original poster, sorry about that.
'Puter savy I'm not.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hmm

Quote:
I expected quite a few whiney comments specifically from those with a guilty conscience..

As to where hmm.. how's 501 to big island va. SR64 west from hendersonvile, nc to franklin, nc to name a few. BTW the cop on sr64 was so impressed he said if i could make it across that road without wrecking i deserved a free pass.

As to being too blunt and obnoxious.. well ya very true.

And to joebob-swifty: never been fired anywhere in my life bubba. Too close to home eh..
In other words you were on a road illegally because you missed a sign.

Oh brother. You must think you're the only truck driver in the world who ever had the balls to venture off the Interstate. :lol: LMAO!

I think you were probably scared shyteless for the first two years you were driving which is why you're sticking your chest out so far now. Congratulations on conquering your fears! :wink:
Old 07-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Advice for drivers (and 4 wheelers)

Quote:
3. FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR FOG! They dont make you look cool. They make you look like an egotistical idiot who doesnt care that he's blinding the crap out of truckers.
Fog lights are positioned to be pointed towards the ground, they are not supposed to be blinding when adjusted properly. You can run with them on and not blind people, do you look like a dork, yeah sure but that's their prerogative, not yours.

Quote:
5. If a truck is turning at an intersection and stops because he cant get around you.. do not pull up closer! If you're under the impression i'll back up or move your'e wrong. Feel free to call the police as they'll come tell you to move and force the other idiots to move as well.
Ok BBR, a good driver doesn't even attempt the turn until the other cars move out of the way. You call the police and you might end up with an impeding traffic citation. If they are moving up closer, they are attempting to move out of your way. The car sitting 10 cars back doesn't know what is going on so they aren't going to back up. The police won't force them to move, they will ask the cars to move with a simple statement, "We have an idiot driving that truck who needs a few cars to move out of his way please." Of course YOU won't back up, you already admitted you can't do it very well so what a surpise there. :roll:

Quote:
Truckers:
The hammer lane is for FAST trucks that are PASSING. Yes you can do 65 and the other guy can do 64. That doesnt impress those of us with trucks that actually move.

We're all in this together. The one true mark of experienced drivers is that we cooperate with each other and with 4 wheelers. So yes that guy letting out a bunch of trucks/4wheelers may annoy you but he's -avoiding- a traffic jam while your need to "punish" people you dont know causes them.
What? Above you want people to hurry and get out of your way so you can hammer down or at least stay out of your way but then you come down and tell us to all be patient.

Quote:
USE your CRUISE CONTROL. Why is it so hard to do this? You doing 55 one minute and 65 the next is ANNOYING and makes me want to strangle you. How hard is it to hit a button?
Sorry my truck doesn't have a button, remember that. [/quote]
Old 07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Senior Board Member

With the price of fuel I don't see how the BBR's are surviving. Wait they are not cause of that big ego of theirs is causing them to go bankrupt taking cheap loads that'll move the truck. :roll: With the comments and post I seen of cdreid makes me wonder why he is even driving a truck. Ain't we trying to stop the whining not add to it? :lol:
Old 07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Board Regular
Default Malaki

I'll check those out. And of course i did miss the sign. It was 3am when i got up there and of course my directions were wrong. Though to be honest parts of the "legal" route up there are a huge pain too.
I'll actually check those out on the map sounds like you had some (mis)adventures. Actually the 64w was MUCH worse. The worst thing about 501 wasnt that it was too skinny for a big truck (btw theres no reason a 13'6" truck would have a problem. Theres a 13'5" bridge in there but you have to do it both ways i beleive anyway) The worst thing was knowing some drunken teenagers could be partying and hammering down on that road as i came around a curve blocking both lanes. I used my airhorn a LOT.

To the swifties and steering wheel holders. That you dont get why you shouldnt run 55mph in the hammer lane with high beams and fog lights blazing.. says it all.