User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by classB

It can't be safe to drive a truck and at the same time urinate in a jar. One hand is needed to hold the jar. One hand is needed to hold the anatomy. What's left to hold the steering wheel?
Now I'm thinking there's a good chance you may be blond.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There's a Pilot on my route that I used to stop at to grab a Subway sandwich and take a break. But I won't even do that anymore. Mostly because the stench of urine in the summertime is mindblowing...ugh how do you people sleep in those places? Had some idiot from USA truck nearly take off my front end one time. I'm parked in a spot sitting in the driver's seat doing paperwork and all of a sudden I hear this grinding sound. WTF? I look up and see his trailer rubbing against my blindside mirror. I hit the air horn and jump out and I'm like what are you doing? Guy couldn't speak a word of English.

Then there's the geniuses who leave their trucks in the fuel island while they go inside and take a shower or play the cherry machines. Every 5 minutes you hear booming over the loudspeaker "Will the driver from...(insert your favorite coolie carrier) please move your truck? You're blocking the fuel island". Over and over and over again.

Panhandlers begging for loose change. Toothless vagrants wandering about. People selling fake gold and rim polish. You go in to buy a soda and the line is almost out the door from everyone getting cash advances.

It's a lifestyle! :roll:
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
There's a Pilot on my route that I used to stop at to grab a Subway sandwich and take a break. But I won't even do that anymore. Mostly because the stench of urine in the summertime is mindblowing...ugh how do you people sleep in those places? Had some idiot from USA truck nearly take off my front end one time. I'm parked in a spot sitting in the driver's seat doing paperwork and all of a sudden I hear this grinding sound. WTF? I look up and see his trailer rubbing against my blindside mirror. I hit the air horn and jump out and I'm like what are you doing? Guy couldn't speak a word of English.

Then there's the geniuses who leave their trucks in the fuel island while they go inside and take a shower or play the cherry machines. Every 5 minutes you hear booming over the loudspeaker "Will the driver from...(insert your favorite coolie carrier) please move your truck? You're blocking the fuel island". Over and over and over again.

Panhandlers begging for loose change. Toothless vagrants wandering about. People selling fake gold and rim polish. You go in to buy a soda and the line is almost out the door from everyone getting cash advances.

It's a lifestyle! :roll:

LOL....Now tell the guy how many of the drivers you work with, hang it out and wizz while their working around the dock.

Ooooops...They don't do that ...do they !!!!

It is pretty damn sad that so many drivers are to lazy to walk their fat asses into the restroom to do their business. I find it just as offensive as anyone whom is selfrespecting. Just remember...it isn't "Only" OTR drivers that are wizzing on the pavement...plenty of lazy LTL drivers doing it too. I've even seen em wizzin while they were pumping their fuel, and the drivers run the table of LTL.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:13 AM
Board Regular

Liberals - Relentless, Vile, Sniveling, Whining, Lying, Vitriolic Complainers.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 AM

Along with the lot lizards, don't forget every bum in ten counties knocking on your door.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Truck Stop Scene. Can you dig it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46
How often do the lot lizards bother you? Twice in 3 years
I thought most truck stops were infested with lot lizards. I've read a many threads here and the impression I get is they will knock on windows at all hours of the night looking to make money. One guy wrote the lot lizards are so bad he took a blank sheet of paper and wrote a big NO and stuck it on his window. I've read the lot lizards use the CB to advertise to drivers pulling in truck stops. I've read that most lot lizards are addicted to drugs and do not look all that good. I've read one guy said he takes a box of condoms on every truck run.

If you have only seen a lot lizard twice in three years then maybe the other posts are greatly exaggerated. Other threads make it sound like most truck stops have them.
I think it has something to do with the Laws of Attraction or something...but folks who see alot of lot lizards probably want to see them ...and tend to draw them near.

Like cops and crimminals ....they tend to run into each other alot :roll:

PS:The last lot lizard I saw looked like Death warmed over.....she was very very sick looking ....
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Board Icon

The last lot lizard I saw (probably 8 or 9 months ago) was extremely attractive. TOO attractive. Probably a cop.

In the almost 12 years I've been driving, I've probably had 10-15 lot lizards knock on my door. They've made exactly $0 off me.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Board Icon

I was parked at Bruce's in Bakersfield one day in the AFTERNOON. I got out and walked toward the building, and passed by a lady with nice hair and a very nice dress sitting half in, half out of her car with the door open. She smiled at me and said, HI.

I said HI back and kept walking into the store. But, I stood a little taller, and walked a little lighter. I smiled to myself and said, "see, man? You still GOT it!" :lol: :lol:

NO..... I didn't "get it" at all!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Rookie

well if for what ever reason you HAVE to stay at a TS and you are being bothered by the amount of lot lizards heres a trick to try.

i have only had to do this 1 time and it worked to where i could get a few hours of sleep before the wrecker came and hooked up to me and took my truck to a repair facility, other wise i would have left that place and went on down the road.

But heres what i did and it seemed to work. if you getting THAT MUCH unwanted attention first try turning off you parking lights and if that doesn't work, take it to plan "B". take you self some Kleenex and a little bit of hand lotion and squirt the lotion all over the tissue. then place it on you step or on the ground right by your step and then after that no more problems.

i would like to thank the female driver at the Flyin J in Benton Harbor Michigan for giving me the idea. thanks to her i was able to get a little rest.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 AM

I just had a lot lizard wake me up LAST NIGHT! I was on us13 in VA at a small t/s and went to bed at like 9-10pm... 2am, I get a knock on my window, then another one. I finally get up thinking it may be actually something important and it is some woman in a t-shirt and shorts standing there. I gave her a look like you've got to be kidding me, and laid back down :lol:

Usually only see them at larger truckstops, surprised me, there were only like 3-4 trucks there. I hope it wasn't someone who really needed help.

In 2 years, had them bother me in LA,TX,CT,VA... Saw two
together at the TA in Ontario, CAand saw my first one at a flying hook in Nevada!