User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i guess when something is done about CFM...Lebron James opening his piehole then i will stop the personal attacks. he can get on here and insult all truck drivers...especially otr drivers, and those are not personal attacks. cmon there twilight flyer, lets get real. he needs to be put in his place, and his whole learn to speak mexican shit he does in other areas of this site is getting old as well.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Lebron isn't CFM...at least the jury is still out on it. Granted, Lebron has a pretty negative view of OTR, but he hasn't crossed the lines like CFM did. If he is CFM, he's welcome to his views as long as he doesn't start getting personal. That was his undoing the last time. Just maligning the OTR aspect of the industry isn't enough to get you sent packing. Maligning you drivers is.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM

are you serious twilight flyer?/ cfm is not lebron james?? man you need some serious help. one of lebrons firsts posts was making reference to what he thought my pay scale was with my contractor at fed ex ground, even to the penny reference. not enough? lives in teh exact same area as CFM did. not enough? how about the "coolie carrier" references, CFM was teh only one I ever say refer to an otr company as such. Not enough? how about the references to all of us needing to learn spanish to survive in trucking...which is what i read is what got CFM banned. not enough? how about ltl gigs like is are teh best and one should never drive otr...it sucks living in a box 24.7 with no life, etc, etc. man twilight, wake up and smell the coffee, or in this case the CFM..Lebron James BULLSHIT.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM
BANNED
Default Re: summer2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Bring back those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer...

There are structural changes happening in the US economy which greatly affect the OTR segment of trucking. In particular is the continued offshoring of US-based manufacturing to Mexico and the far east. The more manufacturing we offshore, the less demand there will be in coming years for OTR truckdrivers. You've probably heard that we are transitioning to a "service" or "knowledge"-based economy...well that does not bode well for those who haul point-to-point irregular-route domestic truckload freight. How many offices have docks you can bump?

In addition, people are buying more things like I-pods, on-line music, cell-phones, etc so the weight and density of purchases are shrinking.

ICEBURG!!!!! Get off the OTR shipwreck while you can. Summertime and the livin's easy....check out your local community college or vo-tech school and begin to hatch an escape plan from the dweller society. Healthcare jobs like radiologists, nursing, physician assistants, medical imaging, etc are all in high demand as our population grows older. Those jobs pay an above-board hourly wage with overtime and can't be outsourced. Plus you don't have to wait in line to take a shower. And unlike OTR, illegals can't be shipped-in who will whistle while they work for .ppm (pesos per mile). That's right...OTR is going the way of landscaping, construction, meatpacking, and many other low-skill jobs now done by illegals. Yep, the writing's on the wall and it sure as hell ain't in English!

Forewarned is forearmed!
Another " THE SKY IS FALLING " response from CFM..... :lol:
Old 04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

There is no IP match. Granted, it's possible to play with your IP and if so, then it's more work than I would have gone through. But the fact remains is that CFM made it personal...Lebron does not, at least he hasn't yet. If he does, he'll be gone. But we have always made it clear that if someone was banned in the past, they can come back under a different name and play by the rules. If Lebron is CFM, he has adhered to that.

CFM was banned because he resorted to personal attacks. Lebron attacks the OTR job. Sorry, but as much as I disagree with him, I'm not going to ban him for his thoughts and his dislike of OTR driving. Heck, I agree with you and have pointed out the same argument in the past: local guys have jobs because of OTR drivers...talk about shooting the horse that pulls your cart.

Anyway, as far as his location, his tendency to speak of "coolie carriers", I can list off a whole bunch of Sparta, NJ guys that speak the same way and have the same disdain for OTR driving. 8)

Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Rookie

Thanks everyone so far..

Didn't mean to cause a fire storm regarding peoples opinions or anything. I just want to go trucking again this summer and am worried about the economy.

I keep seeing bad news about the housing market..Fuel and food prices.. I worry that these things will put a REAL damper on people's spending habits towards everyday consumer goods. Those goods seem to me to be a fair amount of the transportation industry..

New furniture and a home theater system might not be at the top of one's list if you can't make your house payment and still feed the kids. Then, as retailers who sell these things (and we haul them for) fail..More job losses leading to more forclosures..More failures and so on..A vicious cycle indeed.

I guess I just got a little scared the other day when a friend of mine suggested to me that it would be 1933 all over again already if we didn't all have credit cards this time to stretch things out a bit. I know I'm already over extended though. I hope he's wrong..

Wondered what you all thought.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The truth of the matter is that freight is off. There are a lot of loads around in most areas, but some brokers are trying to move them at bargain basement rates. Summer usually brings in more business in most segments of the industry. Freight and rates will be off for at least the next year. That doesn't mean that you can't earn a decent living. You may just need to do some belt tightening or work a little smarter. There are many who will fail during this time. Difficult times cause those who operate marginally to tip the scale and go out of business. There are ALWAYS those who prosper during difficult fiscal times. In 1929 we had a depression which lasted through WWII. The war brought us out of the "Great Depression." Most of America and the world suffered during this time. Fortunes were also made. We are not in a depression. We are in a recession. Depressions last for much longer than recessions. Recessions can last from a few months to a year or longer. Depressions can last for years. If you want to get back into this business, then there are still plenty of jobs available for those willing to work. If you are a driver with most companies you will likely not see much difference in how business is conducted. There is a possibility you could sit a little longer, but other than that not much difference than before. If you own the equipment you may see profits falling as operational costs rise. The owners are the ones who will be affected most. Eventually, it will trickle down to the drivers. Hopefully, before that happens the economy will turn around. In times past, we usually seem to get into a major war when the economy turns south. We are in a minor skirmish right now. Iraq and Afghanistan are not major wars.