User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DAC Report Site

Here is the DAC site. There are 2 .pdf files listed on the page. One is a request of your DAC and the other PDF is a Dispute form. Fill out the request for and get it in the mail ASAP. I belive you can request you'r DAC once a year for your viewing, for free! Don't hold me to it ! :lol:

Also this process takes a few weeks the arive :roll:

http://www.usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx

Good luck!! Its Not Over Yet!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I heard about the DAC--I was told almost two years ago that you couldn't see your DAC--that the companies could, but you couldn't.
You got told wrong.

When you request it, don't expect it to show up real quick.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Hey Everyone,

I downloaded the DAC request form. I need to print it out and send it. Hopefully I won't have problems with that; as I downloaded it on a PC and it will print out via a Mac. I haven't had problems before, so hopefully it will be okay.

Turns out I HAVEN'T applied with eight trucking companies as I previously thought. The application on Class A Drivers.com wasn't exactly an application, based on the info I provided, I got an email with six companies listed. I talked to one of the companies and they said to visit the companies' websites and apply there. I am going to apply to 30 trucking jobs--local as well as OTR and see what happens. If nothing comes of it, I'll just get a non-driving job (or jobs, as the case may be) and wait a few years, then try and get back in it. I've got some credit problems as well, so I'll have to decide on what to do about that; I was hoping trucking would pay enough to take care of that. If I can't find a trucking job, then I'm SOL for the bills. I feel bad I staked almost everything on being a trucker, and I may not be able to drive.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutTrucking
Hey Everyone,

I downloaded the DAC request form. I need to print it out and send it. Hopefully I won't have problems with that; as I downloaded it on a PC and it will print out via a Mac. I haven't had problems before, so hopefully it will be okay.

Turns out I HAVEN'T applied with eight trucking companies as I previously thought. The application on Class A Drivers.com wasn't exactly an application, based on the info I provided, I got an email with six companies listed. I talked to one of the companies and they said to visit the companies' websites and apply there. I am going to apply to 30 trucking jobs--local as well as OTR and see what happens. If nothing comes of it, I'll just get a non-driving job (or jobs, as the case may be) and wait a few years, then try and get back in it. I've got some credit problems as well, so I'll have to decide on what to do about that; I was hoping trucking would pay enough to take care of that. If I can't find a trucking job, then I'm SOL for the bills. I feel bad I staked almost everything on being a trucker, and I may not be able to drive.
OK, I think I need to come over and give you a *cyber-kick under your butt*! :lol: Not because I don't like you, I do (since I keep trying to help you out lol) but stop feeling like a victim! It really is not getting you anywhere! Yes bad shit happened and your credit sucks but I think most of us have been there or might still be there!
We, my husband and I, drove team for almost 2 years (!) before we started to make money. We've had weeks on end we were just getting even, having to take out advances to be able to eat and THAT'S a vicious circle to get into. We bought an inverter, fridge, microwave and George Foremann grill and hardly ever eat in truck stops. We stop at Wal-Mart once a week and stock up on food to keep our costs WAY down. Do you know how much you spend in those damn truck stops? It's ridiculous.
Basically to start you might have to live without a lot of stuff you really want but don't need to keep going. Yeah it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do.
You might find a driving job or you might not; I really don't know - I hope for your sake you will. But even then: you're a solo driver and I hear soooo many solo drivers saying they don't get enough miles and so small pay checks. Even if you were to get another driving job doesn't mean you'll make good money. I would like for everyone to do good in their job and make great money but it's not the reality. So yeah, you spent a lot of money to get a CDL and it's not working out the way you thought it would and it does stink! But seriously, if you get stuck on thinking how bad it all is and how you never get a good job, you won't get one. I've been there and when I was at an all-time low, nothing would work out the way I wanted. Until I kicked myself under the butt and just thought: the hell with it I can do this, is when I got the job I wanted.
I wish you the best, again, and hope it works out for you!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 PM

I sent away for my DAC. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:49 AM

I got a job interview on Monday, and yes, it’s for a driving job. It’s for a company I applied to a few months ago. I don’t know if it’s for the same job, or if they are just expanding and need more drivers.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

For anyone reading this who was simply 'fired' for cause, I found nothing difficult about finding a new company to drive.

Let go on Wednesday.
Took off Thur and Fri to relax!
Started looking Monday.
Hired Tuesday.
First load was Saturday after orientation.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 AM

Another thing that's hurting me is lack of experience. It's a one-two punch, and it worries the heck out of me.