User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default truck shut down??

i had to hear about this from my family who saw it on the tv. typical. just what is it supposed to accomplish? not a gosh darn thing. as long as american sheep of this generation are willing to pay fuel is gonna just keep rising. shucks big business knows the worst we will do is grip at a low mumble. low, because someone might hear us and we might lose our job. good thing our founding fathers are dead, because they would ship us all back to the brittish. fuel only went up 90 cents in a month. no big deal. we will keep bending over and dig deep to pay it too. i'm looking forward to a lot of gutless blasts about this post. boo hoo to them. does anyone have an idea or link where we might really do something about this fuel cost situation or is it gonna be easier to blast chopperbob? probably easier just to dump on me. we just ain't got the guts our ancesters had when they raised up against what they felt was wrong.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Board Icon

The only thing I'm gonna dump on you for is the fact that there are already countless threads on here regarding it, and the search button works.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: truck shut down??

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
i had to hear about this from my family who saw it on the tv. typical. just what is it supposed to accomplish? not a gosh darn thing. as long as american sheep of this generation are willing to pay fuel is gonna just keep rising. shucks big business knows the worst we will do is grip at a low mumble. low, because someone might hear us and we might lose our job. good thing our founding fathers are dead, because they would ship us all back to the brittish. fuel only went up 90 cents in a month. no big deal. we will keep bending over and dig deep to pay it too. i'm looking forward to a lot of gutless blasts about this post. boo hoo to them. does anyone have an idea or link where we might really do something about this fuel cost situation or is it gonna be easier to blast chopperbob? probably easier just to dump on me. we just ain't got the guts our ancesters had when they raised up against what they felt was wrong.
Your right bob OUR founding fathers are turning in thier graves . Our gov has lost touch with the people. Lets talk about how everything has shot up in price like food, propane, heating oils etc etc the list goes on and on all due to high fuel cost. I cant get foodstamps in cali because im ******
Old 03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: truck shut down??

Quote:
mikey4069

Your right bob OUR founding fathers are turning in thier graves . Our gov has lost touch with the people. Lets talk about how everything has shot up in price like food, propane, heating oils etc etc the list goes on and on all due to high fuel cost. I cant get foodstamps in cali because im ******

And that's EXACTLY WHY I'm running for President as a "WRITE-IN CANDIDATE" this year. The "popular candidates" are "ROMANCING" the folks that are able to donate $$$$ to thier campaign and forgetting about the rest of us. For every one person that is able to donate that, there are more than a thousand of us that can not. We outnumber them. If you can not make that donation to their party, PM me and I will give you my name to write in on the ballot this year.

I'm doing this because of the AMBIGUOUS NUMBERS they hide behind for employment, and the fact that they are able to choose what is convenient for them to use for "COST OF LIVING" figures. The cost of food can go up 4 times over, and it does not affect your COST OF LIVING. The cost of energy is not included, so when you're paying $100/gallon, your cost of living will still be the same as it is now. And, for those that are able to CLOG THE HIWAYS WITH THEIR MOTORHOMES, that may be true. But, for the rest of us, a plate of food once a year is not realistic.

When Bill Clinton won the election from the "elder Bush", he said "THE PEOPLE HAVE SENT US A SIGNAL". Well, this year, LET'S SEND THEM A REAL SIGNAL. Give ME your vote.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have heard very little about a strike. That is part of the problem. There is no organization. A strike will not work for a single day. If there is to be an impact the trucks will need to stop for about a week. It will not work without mass participation. Many owner operators have already parked or lost their trucks. Some have gone back to being a company driver. It will be interesting to see how many people actually participate in this strike. There have been those who have been calling for a strike for years. In order to be effective, there will need to be a spokesman and organization. It will be necessary to have extensive media coverage. You need to have clearly defined wants or objectives when you go on strike. What do you want to accomplish? Simply complaining about high fuel costs isn't going to do anything. What do you want the government or industry to do? Who are you striking against?

Much of the problem we have with oil prices is the government. We have those who use environmental issues to prevent drilling in known oil reserves. The government allowed the major oil companies to merge taking much of the competition out of the equation. Without real competition prices will rise out of control. There is no real effort to encourage alternative fuel sources. We probably have the largest reserves of natural gas in the world, but no distribution system. I heard a guy talking the other day who said that he pays $0.63/gallon to run his vehicle on natural gas. If there were good alternatives prices for diesel and other oil related fuels would drop over night.

Having said that, I am on strike until Wednesday. 8)
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I have heard very little about a strike. That is part of the problem. There is no organization. A strike will not work for a single day. If there is to be an impact the trucks will need to stop for about a week. It will not work without mass participation. Many owner operators have already parked or lost their trucks. Some have gone back to being a company driver. It will be interesting to see how many people actually participate in this strike. There have been those who have been calling for a strike for years. In order to be effective, there will need to be a spokesman and organization. It will be necessary to have extensive media coverage. You need to have clearly defined wants or objectives when you go on strike. What do you want to accomplish? Simply complaining about high fuel costs isn't going to do anything. What do you want the government or industry to do? Who are you striking against?

Much of the problem we have with oil prices is the government. We have those who use environmental issues to prevent drilling in known oil reserves. The government allowed the major oil companies to merge taking much of the competition out of the equation. Without real competition prices will rise out of control. There is no real effort to encourage alternative fuel sources. We probably have the largest reserves of natural gas in the world, but no distribution system. I heard a guy talking the other day who said that he pays $0.63/gallon to run his vehicle on natural gas. If there were good alternatives prices for diesel and other oil related fuels would drop over night.

Having said that, I am on strike until Wednesday. 8)
In the past, I have always supported them. I HAVE shut down for the period of time of the "SUPPOSED" strike. But, I was one of the very few. This year, I will also support it, and again, I suspect I will be one of the very few.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
In the past, I have always supported them. I HAVE shut down for the period of time of the "SUPPOSED" strike. But, I was one of the very few. This year, I will also support it, and again, I suspect I will be one of the very few.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. ~Ancient Klingon Proverb
Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

"fool me once shame on you....fool me twice....uh,uh...fool me won't get fooled again." George W. Bush.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member

GMAN for our spokesmen, who seconds that
Old 03-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
truck shut down??
now why when i saw this post was i thinking someone had a truck that shut down on him ? thought i was on maintenace page. i need some coffee :lol: