LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete
GMAN for our spokesmen, who seconds that
Sounds better than the truckers the news will pick as our spokesman - you know - someone like Billy Joe Jim Bob with 3 missing front teeth, hasn't shaved/showered/brushed his hair in over 2 months and talks like, well, dunno how to explain it except out of a 10 minute talk with him you can understand 3 or 4 words.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

We need to do what OUR founding fathers did Stand up and say enough is enough . Im just talking about fuel prices we are way way over taxed. Lets take I-5 its one of the worst roads in the nation , what are they doing with all that road tax they get i mean we all pay it every time we fuel our trucks and 4 wheelers. I say we write in WINDWALKER. IF a enough truckers did it someone would notice. :evil:
Old 03-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

yeah i'm gonna shut down for 3 days, but it is convienient because my pov needs work and so does truck. g'man is right. the trucking industry need a front man but i think we might have 100,000 folks who want the job. This end of the industry need to get organized somehow. how do we even try to organize all us drivers, co. drivers, lease purchase, o/o, local, regional, dedicated, otr, drivers driving for o/oltl,expedited, van, hh, reefer, and the list goes on. each aspect of this trade has special needs, someone maybe can come up with a common denominator that might get us all on 1 page for a while. we cannot forget our brothers the teamsters, they are getting pinched also. only way i see it is if we somehow convince the owners of companies like swift, jb hunt, werner that it would help them also. ps vote for me as prez, i support the new united american dixie party.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Sounds better than the truckers the news will pick as our spokesman - you know - someone like Billy Joe Jim Bob with 3 missing front teeth, hasn't shaved/showered/brushed his hair in over 2 months and talks like, well, dunno how to explain it except out of a 10 minute talk with him you can understand 3 or 4 words.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Truckers have a spokes person and a front man as you put it!

It is called OOIDA!!! They go to bat for every driver out there, regardless if they are company drivers or Owner Operators. They are in Washington right now trying to do something to help with the fuel prices, rates, etc.

But with a little of 360,000 members, they do not get the notice some of the larger organizations do!

OOIDA is there for the drivers! The ATA is only there to protect the big trucking companies that are members, and could give a squat about the drivers.

Join OOIDA, and tell 10 of year buddies, and have them tell 10 more. Maybe when that number reaches 3,000,000 - Washington and Big Business will take the Truckers serious.

Carry on as usual!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-31-2008, 04:03 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman

It is called OOIDA!!! They go to bat for every driver out there, regardless if they are company drivers or Owner Operators. They are in Washington right now trying to do something to help with the fuel prices, rates, etc.

But with a little of 360,000 members, they do not get the notice some of the larger organizations do!

OOIDA is there for the drivers! The ATA is only there to protect the big trucking companies that are members, and could give a squat about the drivers.

Join OOIDA, and tell 10 of year buddies, and have them tell 10 more. Maybe when that number reaches 3,000,000 - Washington and Big Business will take the Truckers serious.

Carry on as usual!
OOIDA has a very major flaw...

Owner/Operator, Independant Drivers of America.

Doesn't say a word about all the company drivers.

While they have gone into court for some things, there are a whole lot of other things they haven't touched. P.A.T.T. and C.R.A.S.H. are able to take DOT into court, why can't OOIDA???? :?:

Or are they afraid to??? :?:

Old 03-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Senior Board Member

OOIDA is for all drivers, as I have stated! The name was originated in 1973 as originally a group of O/O's, but it was found that all drivers needed a voice, and their mission was expanded. To prevent loosing the identity and recognition they work so hard to earn, the name was never changed! One does not have to be an O/O to be a member or be represented by OOIDA. Please read the FAQS on their website before you dispute what I have stated. I am currently a Company Driver, and have been a member since 2001!

OOIDA has taken the DOT to court, and there are still actions pending over HOS. Again, the facts are on the website, in the Truckers News, and a few other trade magazines. Do the research before you make claims!

Here is the link to their home page: http://www.ooida.com/
Accomplishments: http://www.ooida.com/about_us/about_us.html - do any of you remember the crap that went on in Tennessee in the '80's, OOIDA took to task and stopped it! The list is extensive, and benefits all drivers!

Membership Page: https://www.ooida.com/Secure/membership_form.htm

OOIDA is the only voice in Washington RIGHT NOW, that is trying to help you, the Professional Driver! Be you an Owner Operator or Company Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman

Carry on as usual!
OOIDA has a very major flaw...

Owner/Operator, Independant Drivers of America.

Doesn't say a word about all the company drivers.

While they have gone into court for some things, there are a whole lot of other things they haven't touched. P.A.T.T. and C.R.A.S.H. are able to take DOT into court, why can't OOIDA???? :?:

Or are they afraid to??? :?:
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Subscribe to this e-newsletter if you would like to keep up with the daily goings on in the trucking industry.

It is FREE, and you do not have to be an OOIDA member to subscribe!

http://www.landlinemag.com/newsletter/newsletter.asp
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Senior Board Member

my boss contacted ooida, their reply was they cannot legally openly support this kind of shutdown.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
my boss contacted ooida, their reply was they cannot legally openly support this kind of shutdown.
Plus, there's no profit to be made, so there's no reason for them to support it. :lol: