User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
BTW Rev I do have the log sheets that prove the Ping pong ball load plus have 2 other drivers that can back me up on it one of which was my trainee at the time the other was in the inspection bay with me and saw it happen.
Son, that ping pong ball story has been around for 30 years and is probably the most well-known trucker's lunch counter story of all time. It has been posted on this very site several times in the past few years, never as a poster's claim...only as a tall tell. In my 6+ years behind the desk talking with drivers, I've heard it no less than a dozen times and probably with every variation, too, including reefer, dry van, and hopper bottom...with the balls filling the inspection bay, spreading out over the interstate, and rolling down the grapevine.

If you persist in sticking with a story where everyone here knows full well you are lying, the entire posting base here is going to eat you alive.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams
I once had a will call where some lady was quite pleased with herself for buying 200 lbs of "Green" pavers from Ohio. I resisted the urge to pop her bubble and mention that she just burnt 25 gal of diesel to get her "green" product to Reno.
You want to share your mileage tips with the rest of us? :shock:

Our company hauls at least 48000 lbs of milk per day from California to Wisconsin. Like bringing snow to Siberia or bullshit to Washington. :roll:
Old 04-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Board Regular
Default My favorite . .

. . picked up a load of repackaged make-up that had gone unsold by an east coast retailer going to another in Colorado Springs. I was about 50 miles from Co Spgs and got a msg that the load had to be returned to New Jersey because of a lable discrepency. I was about 50 miles from the original shipper when I got a msg that, no, apparently everything was in order and to deliver as originally planned . . my 2000 mile load turned out to be 6000 . .
Old 04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Board Regular
Default Another I just thought of . .

. . took a load of Listerine in Listerine cases to the same NJ repackager . . don't recall where I picked it up . . picked up a load of repackaged Listerine in (big W) cases to the (big W) DC in upstate Wisconsin . . that must have been part of the (big W) green campaign . .