User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
evinrude, i get a raise every year...always do. what i don't understand is what good you are doing yourself by getting on a forum to complain about the fact that you have not gotten a raise. what kind of responses are you looking for? poor you, the world sucks and it is out to get you. is that what you are looking for? man, just start looking for jobs, there are plenty out there if you wanna work. it does no good to complain and do nothing.

Asking "Has other companies holding back on drivers with more than 2 years experience"? isn't complaining its fact finding. Btw how many years have you been withe the same company?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i dunno, i will get at least a penny in june...always have.
Wow, a whole penny! Don't spend it all in one place, jed... :roll:
Old 02-26-2008, 03:01 PM

cold frosty mug wrote:
Wow, a whole penny! Don't spend it all in one place, jed...

Well let's do the math 3500 miles a week times 50 weeks = 175,000
multiply by .01 and you come up with $1750 extra for the year an extra $145 a month and then an extra $36 a week all of which is more then he had in his pocket before the raise.. every little bit helps...
At UPS Freight we get raises every 6 months, my first 6 month raise was a .78 in January the next one in July 08 will be .50 unless we come to contract agreement with the Union and the it will most likely jump up a little more.

Timberwolf
Old 02-27-2008, 04:01 PM

CFM is trying to say he makes more than me, which he may, is does not bother me at all. and yes do the math. it is not a bad raise in my book, seeing as i get one every year. but that is my opinion. if you are unhappy about not getting a raise then leave, you are justified.