User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Glad everyone is OK, hopefully he still has his job!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Those are all company standards, however, right now companies are being really picky and while they sometimes will allow rollovers, right now is not the time they would.
Hey Sheepdancer, could you give us any info about JB Hunt sending out a confrence call to its drivers, about driving over HOS, inclement weather etc.? Read elsewhere a JB driver was 6 hours over his 14, driving in WI. during a snow storm when a state of emergency was in place, and ended up rolling his truck. He was fired, along with his FM.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Default Ok

I know for sure Crete has kept drivers that have jacknifed and even one roll over and other accidents. One driver out of Texas had a second accident and was fired. They allow one major accident in a set of time. Some companies will and some won't.

Of course I agree and wonder why he went to the shoulder and had to over correct in the first place. I expect the company to call him in and talk with him and see why for's and such and then who knows. If he is fied then he will have a hrad time convincing any company to give him a chance. Good luck.

I agree that dump truck drivers also in my area are plentiful and amny drivers want to drive them and are the worst around. Also going all over the country I see many idiot dumpers. Maybe in a few areas it is different but the majority are non driving idiots. They also pay crappy.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr

I agree that dump truck drivers also in my area are plentiful and amny drivers want to drive them and are the worst around. Also going all over the country I see many idiot dumpers. Maybe in a few areas it is different but the majority are non driving idiots. They also pay crappy.
Many of the larger dump companies are good, reputible companies that hire quality drivers.....BUT ther are small companies that couldn't care less. The company I work for gives a driver 1 chance, after that, if he/she screws up again GONE.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 AM

Keep it at, you'll find a company that's willing to take you on as a driver.. there are lots of companies.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
crappy pay LOL the avg. pay for a dump driver where i live is 18-21/hr and union drivers make around 23-24/hr. plus OT over 8 or 40. What is your avg hourly pay driving OTR???? As far as bad drivers go OTR has bad drivers and so do the dumpers.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Mickey D's is always hiring... no place in this industry for inattentive drivers....
Will you get a referral bonus from Mickey D's if you get him to come aboard to be a co-worker of yours? :lol:
Old 02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
1. It's called spell check. Maybe if you learned to use it we might listen to what you say.
2. There are bad OTR guys and they get paid crappy.
3. I suppose you also like to make wide sweeping generalizations about other groups as well?

Keep your opinion to yourself dumba$$
Old 02-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Rookie
Default update and thanks

It's Sunday morning and at this point we don't know if my husband has a job. The road was wet and he was carrying 40,000 pounds. He did try to stop when his wheel hit the dirt, but road was slanted and he felt himself going over. He just got off his 10 hour break and was well rested. He was adjusting his trip miles. Looked down for one second (who hasn't done that?) and drifted. We live in Florida. Does anyone know about driving the citrus trucks? We have a connection and I'm just wondering about his hirability factor. For now, he is going to beg for his job and do whatever it takes to keep it. Any more advice on how to keep it, and who will hire him is greatly appreciated. You guys (and gals) are the best, I've always been able to depend on you for honest, accurate information. Much appreciated.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 PM

A buddy of mine just got let go from Werner for a rollover (due to wind, total BS but hey, that's Werner, I guess). They sent him home, where he sat for almost a month before they told him he was let go.