Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
I agree that dump truck drivers also in my area are plentiful and amny drivers want to drive them and are the worst around. Also going all over the country I see many idiot dumpers. Maybe in a few areas it is different but the majority are non driving idiots. They also pay crappy.
crappy pay LOL the avg. pay for a dump driver where i live is 18-21/hr and union drivers make around 23-24/hr. plus OT over 8 or 40. What is your avg hourly pay driving OTR???? As far as bad drivers go OTR has bad drivers and so do the dumpers.
I see where you live and the cost of living up there is way higher than my area as most of the NE is. When I was looking at local work in my area years ago the pay for dumper was like 11 an hour and there were many that would take it to run local. The union tyeamster pay was about 18 an hour. I worked with them at Walgreens and ran local buit hated the local crap. My paycheck was smaller also then when I was OTR.

I also have friends that are union and other local jobs and my paychecks are usually always larger than theirs.

It is in all where one lives and the cost of living. My 150,000 dollar house would be way more in the Ne and west coast and so on. Hoep you enjoyed the eduacation.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:10 AM
Default Re: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
I agree that dump truck drivers also in my area are plentiful and amny drivers want to drive them and are the worst around. Also going all over the country I see many idiot dumpers. Maybe in a few areas it is different but the majority are non driving idiots. They also pay crappy.
1. It's called spell check. Maybe if you learned to use it we might listen to what you say.
2. There are bad OTR guys and they get paid crappy.
3. I suppose you also like to make wide sweeping generalizations about other groups as well?

Keep your opinion to yourself dumba$$
1. I am a truck driver and not a scholar.....if it bothered you then good. Makes me happy to do so.

2. There are many crappy OTR's and there are many that make more than any local and Union driver. In fact most of the crappy big truck drivers out here on the road are union outfits. I know that my paycheck is usually always larger than my friends that drive local dumpers and drive for union outfits.

3. No I make my opinion on what I see daily and from driving coast to coast all over this country. The opinion is from many years and about every part of this country and cities. My opion stands and dumpers are usually crappy ass drivers. Don't like my opinion then tough and keep reading others and maybe you will find one you like and agree with.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Default Re: update and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty3
It's Sunday morning and at this point we don't know if my husband has a job. The road was wet and he was carrying 40,000 pounds. He did try to stop when his wheel hit the dirt, but road was slanted and he felt himself going over. He just got off his 10 hour break and was well rested. He was adjusting his trip miles. Looked down for one second (who hasn't done that?) and drifted. We live in Florida. Does anyone know about driving the citrus trucks? We have a connection and I'm just wondering about his hirability factor. For now, he is going to beg for his job and do whatever it takes to keep it. Any more advice on how to keep it, and who will hire him is greatly appreciated. You guys (and gals) are the best, I've always been able to depend on you for honest, accurate information. Much appreciated.
Many companies will hire him so don't sweat it. It may be crappy pay and lousy company though. I would suggest a dump truck outfit as from observation they hire crappy drivers.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Senior Board Member

a friend of mine has a good name for dump trucks he calls them a FAT four wheeler and why because most of them drive like a dumb ass four Wheeler.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM

txdrvr Wrote:
1. I am a truck driver and not a scholar.....if it bothered you then good. Makes me happy to do so.

2. There are many crappy OTR's and there are many that make more than any local and Union driver. In fact most of the crappy big truck drivers out here on the road are union outfits. I know that my paycheck is usually always larger than my friends that drive local dumpers and drive for union outfits.

3. No I make my opinion on what I see daily and from driving coast to coast all over this country. The opinion is from many years and about every part of this country and cities. My opion stands and dumpers are usually crappy ass drivers. Don't like my opinion then tough and keep reading others and maybe you will find one you like and agree with.

Hey Tex don't worry about it you have an excuse for your ingnorance, it comes from smelling horse sh*t all day in the great state of Texas George Bush suffers from the same problem so your in good company....

Timberwolf
Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Senior Board Member

OK! THAT'S ENOUGH!!!

The personal insults, name calling and and such ends NOW.

If it don't....be prepared. :wink:
Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: update and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty3
It's Sunday morning and at this point we don't know if my husband has a job. The road was wet and he was carrying 40,000 pounds. He did try to stop when his wheel hit the dirt, but road was slanted and he felt himself going over. He just got off his 10 hour break and was well rested. He was adjusting his trip miles. Looked down for one second (who hasn't done that?) and drifted. We live in Florida. Does anyone know about driving the citrus trucks? We have a connection and I'm just wondering about his hirability factor. For now, he is going to beg for his job and do whatever it takes to keep it. Any more advice on how to keep it, and who will hire him is greatly appreciated. You guys (and gals) are the best, I've always been able to depend on you for honest, accurate information. Much appreciated.
Mz. Mighty...You haven't said which company your Hubby drives for. As others have pointed out, some of the big company's won't sack him for the accident. Whatever is going on, I hope HE made the trucking company arrange for his travel away from the accident site...not made those arrangements himself, on his & Your dime. Even though the truck was totaled, it is still the responsability of the trucking company to get your husband either home, or to the terminal which he is based out of. It is also the responsability to see that he has had his DOT drug test by this time.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Mickey D's is always hiring... no place in this industry for inattentive drivers....
Edited after reading Ridge Runner's warning. Didn't want to but felt it prudent to do so.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
OK! THAT'S ENOUGH!!!

The personal insults, name calling and and such ends NOW.

If it don't....be prepared. :wink:
Im getting prepared it looks like it is coming Ridge. lol :lol:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug