User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Time Stamps & Dates ......

Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 PM

why are you wanting to do this?

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Rookie
Default k

B/c I find myself sitting around in Loading yards for hours on end there's runs I do local and to get there n get back i can do in 11 hours drive time but if I sit @ ther LDyard for 2 1/2 hours then sit unLDing for 2 1/2 hour's I shot my 14 in the ass I'm an hour from home and my book says I have 2 do my 10.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Time Stamps & Dates ......

Here's a good solution. QUIT! If you have to lie, cheat, or mis-represent yourself in anyway then first off you don't have any character and second this company should be shut down. There is a reason we have safety standards in this industry. It's because of companies that run the driver until the driver gets in trouble then they just go onto the next low life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky_
Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh
Here's a good solution. QUIT! If you have to lie, cheat, or mis-represent yourself in anyway then first off you don't have any character and second this company should be shut down. There is a reason we have safety standards in this industry. It's because of companies that run the driver until the driver gets in trouble then they just go onto the next low life.

Quote:

yep id quit before you kill someone or yourself where are you from and what company is this so ill know to steer clear of them and their truks on the road

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: k

Quote:
B/c I find myself sitting around in Loading yards for hours on end there's runs I do local and to get there n get back i can do in 11 hours drive time but if I sit @ ther LDyard for 2 1/2 hours then sit unLDing for 2 1/2 hour's I shot my 14 in the ass I'm an hour from home and my book says I have 2 do my 10.
If that is the case, and it isn't an every day thing, you have the chance to log one 16 hour day, each week, if you do re-sets, and do not cross state lines.

Now..if the product you are hauling is a hazardous material, and you, for any reason, alter the shipping documents, such as removing date and time stamps..YOU face jail time if caught. If you have an accident, they are going to back check the papers you hold in your hand.
The government authorities, as well as lawyers for those "others" invovled with your accident, will go directly to the shipper, for their information on how the load was handled. And yes...each shipper is required to keep marked copies of each and every load they ship, which includes the unit numbers of the vehicle the load went on, the date and time the load was placed on to the unit, as well as the name of the loader nd the driver at the time of loading.
The monetary fines (from the governments involved) can run into the 10's of thousands of dollars and settlements with accident victims can run into the hundreds of thousands, if not millions...just because you decided to make a change on your copies, so you could sleep in your bed. You would be responsible for those monies..not your employer, the shipper, nor the receiver.

You can also be fined by the DOT, if improper alterations to documents are found during a company audit (every carrier must retain copies of each hazmat load carried, for 10 years). You want to be very careful with the choices you make.

Even if the load isn't hazmat...when the law and the lawyers start looking, you stand a good chance of being caught with those altered papers. Most companies do not time stamp load papers on non-haz loads, because it is not a DOT requirement that the time be marked (on non-hazmat loads)..only the date.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Rookie
Default k

Oh so yer telling me ur 30 mins to an 1 from the house and you drivin 8 hours total but ur 14 is up ur goin to pull over for your 10 an return back to work after ur 10 and get 30 mins to an hour from home again the next nite and sleep there again and repeat it over known that ur goin to be 30 mins to an hour from the house
Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD29335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh

Quote:

yep id quit before you kill someone or yourself where are you from and what company is this so ill know to steer clear of them and their truks on the road
Nice how I get my @ss jumped b/c sum people think I'm bending my book NOT once did I say I bend my book I was asking
Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Board Regular

You have to think why you are put in that position in the first place. If your company properly accomidated their drivers properly by putting them in situations where they can do the run within the legal limit. If they cannot do that then they have to change to be more accomidating and not force their drivers to break the law.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

It's your life..but like Jeremy said..if you cannot abide by the regulations..you need to change professions.

Myself.....if I'm an hour from the house and out of hours to drive, then yea...I take the 10 hour break. Just the same as if I use up my hours getting loaded, and only get 50 miles down the road from the shipper. if the hours are gone, the truck stops.

I've been doing this since 1979 and I have never been put out of service or ticketed by the DOT, or reprimanded by my employer, for the manner in which I do my job.