User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker
I got one for ya, why is it not ok for a commercial driver to work a few extra hrs, but it's ok for a nurse, doctor, fireman or ambulance driver? I understand I have a lot of responsibility behind the wheel, but why are we singled out as being unsafe after 14hrs? Was there some scientific study done that shows drivers are considered too risky after 14hrs? What inspired the current HOS rules to begin with?
You could always go become a nurse, doctor or ambulance driver if you dislike the rules.. There are many scientific studies that have been done and the fact is that there is no load worth anyone's life AND we live in a world of lawyers. The original rules created sleep deprivation and erratic sleep patterns. when the truckers cried about how they where being abused and demanded that the feds "save them"... what did they expect?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Time Stamps & Dates ......

The guy is getting home every night. Presumably getting a good nights rest. He needs a stinking hour. Five hours of the day he isn't doing squat (sleeping, resting, relaxing). This, to me, doesn't fit the tired driver syndrome.

I can't understand why icky is so worn out as compared to the perky driver with a < 26,001 GVW truck that's clocking a 16-hour day. Oh never mind, the same "Mission Accomplished" government told me that, so it must be the unequivocal truth. I bet icky is worn out from "Got Milk" not the fudged hour on his log book.

"so are you saying its ok if he bends the book how would you feel if a truck driver had lied on his logs and fell asleep and killed your family?"

Heck no, and that's a tired old line. Let me ask you something, have you stopped beating your wife? Same logic.

I would not be more or less distraught if the guy was tired or if it was his first hour on duty after a week in the Bahama's. With a dead family my mind isn't on icky's log book. After the funerals many lawyers will offer to look into icky's log book. Icky will be in a world of sh!t, but he is just a crumb on the floor at the Werner, Swift, Schneider, Crete, etc. smorgasboard.

Icky's problem is the same as all drivers. The FMCSA has only one shoe size. Someday, the FMCSA will add more shoe sizes and we won't need to have ethics debate over whether a tick should be on line 1 or line 4.

a driver lying on his logs should be dealt with the same way as someone who is charged with attempting to kill with a deadly weapon because that is what they are doing meaning to or not

I would expect that type of drivel from a suburban soccer mom. The kind of person who is pretty detached from the real world.

For the sake of argument your logic concludes that ANY traffic violation in a CMV is a felony. That would include HOTRODDING :wink:

Taking your severe criminalization a step further I would like to point out that CMV's account for about 10% of highway fatalites. Somethings gotta be done about the other 90%. Distracted drivers, non-turn signal users, and tailgaters. Plop em all in the slammer for attempted murder - right next to Pete the Pedophile, Arnie the Ax Murderer, and Stevie the Serial Killer. D@mn all the evil doers!

Seriously, this country already has more laws than a reasonably informed and law abiding person can comply with. Now you want to "Hang 'Em High" for log violations. I need to know who you are voting for so that I can vote the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD29335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Jeremyh sure is a judgemental little fellow! Such people are usually quick to judge because of a personality defect or moral conflict. Kind of like the gay hating Senator from Idaho who got caught soliciting a male cop in the Minneapolis Airport.

Some guy once said, "Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you."

This guy is trying to make a living he doesn't need you questioning his character or calling him a low life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh
Here's a good solution. QUIT! If you have to lie, cheat, or mis-represent yourself in anyway then first off you don't have any character and second this company should be shut down. There is a reason we have safety standards in this industry. It's because of companies that run the driver until the driver gets in trouble then they just go onto the next low life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky_
Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.

so are you saying its ok if he bends the book how would you feel if a truck driver had lied on his logs and fell asleep and killed your family?
woud you just say well he is just tryin to make a living?

look i have family on the road and to me a driver lying on his logs should be dealt with the same way as someone who is charged with attempting to kill with a deadly weapon because that is what they are doing meaning to or not
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Default Re: k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
If the shipper is close by, just start your log when you are loaded. Kind of like you parked the tractor there, or picked up preloaded trailer. That will knock off 2.5-hours and give you plenty of time to complete your day in a safe manner.

Of course have your log ready to go on the off-chance you are pulled over or need to cross a scale.

It would be semi-retarded to log on-duty, drive 10-minutes, and then wait 2.5 hours to get loaded. If it's a routine pick up, can you leave the rig there overnight, or must you start and finish from your terminal?

Your employer will never tell you to do this. He figures you are a professional and will figure it all out.

why dont you just turn in your cdl now before you kll somebody if a member of by family was hit and killed or hurt by a tired driver and i found out it was you i would slowey beat you to death with a log book

drivers like you need to find anthor line of work and im sure 99% of the people on this board will agree that cheating a log book is dangerous and can get someone killed
Good luck from one No Character/Low Life to another :wink:

Quote:
B/c I find myself sitting around in Loading yards for hours on end there's runs I do local and to get there n get back i can do in 11 hours drive time but if I sit @ ther LDyard for 2 1/2 hours then sit unLDing for 2 1/2 hour's I shot my 14 in the ass I'm an hour from home and my book says I have 2 do my 10.

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Default Re: Time Stamps & Dates ......

Quote:
Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.
I do not know of anything that covers an altered document, however I do know if you alter a document that really pisses a DOT officer off! If he comes in the company he will look at the company to make sure you did not get paid, if you got paid we are in trouble (so do you really care about the one's who is dealing with you all the time?).
Now my drivers scan in their logs and I can tell when they use white out or whatever they use. It's pretty simple and many companies use the qualcom to validate the receipt information is correct (which is to many drivers advantages since many places do not correctly time stamp).

I am serious DOT says an altered document is altering a legal document and is less tolerable than a driver running over his 11 or 14 hour. Show it as you did it and don't run illegal .
Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
I've been doing this since 1979 and I have never been put out of service or ticketed by the DOT, or reprimanded by my employer, for the manner in which I do my job.
After reading all the information on how to write a comic book, it's real comforting to a n00b to read this. Thanks.