User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i was just reading some of ickys other post ad he seems to be very hard headed and will do what he wants just hope if he wrecks he dosnt kill or hurt someone

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Time Stamps & Dates ......

why even ask? Why comprimise your character like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky_
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD29335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh
Here's a good solution. QUIT! If you have to lie, cheat, or mis-represent yourself in anyway then first off you don't have any character and second this company should be shut down. There is a reason we have safety standards in this industry. It's because of companies that run the driver until the driver gets in trouble then they just go onto the next low life.

Quote:
Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.

yep id quit before you kill someone or yourself where are you from and what company is this so ill know to steer clear of them and their truks on the road
Nice how I get my @ss jumped b/c sum people think I'm bending my book NOT once did I say I bend my book I was asking
Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

While I could be wrong on this, but I was always under the impression that freight bills were considered documents right up there with checks, W-2's, etc and that altering them is a federal offense, regardless of the product being hauled.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 AM

Nice how I get my @ss jumped b/c sum people think I'm bending my book NOT once did I say I bend my book I was asking

sure sounds like your trying to bend something

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Board Regular

Jeremyh sure is a judgemental little fellow! Such people are usually quick to judge because of a personality defect or moral conflict. Kind of like the gay hating Senator from Idaho who got caught soliciting a male cop in the Minneapolis Airport.

Some guy once said, "Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you."

This guy is trying to make a living he doesn't need you questioning his character or calling him a low life.

Quote:
Here's a good solution. QUIT! If you have to lie, cheat, or mis-represent yourself in anyway then first off you don't have any character and second this company should be shut down. There is a reason we have safety standards in this industry. It's because of companies that run the driver until the driver gets in trouble then they just go onto the next low life.

Quote:
Any1 have any idea's how to remove the Date & Time. Of when a load was loaded'd or shipped a friend told me of this 1 product that he use's and u can't tell the was a Date or a Time on his Bill of Lating nor could u tell it was taken off the bill's. It was some green solution I think he called it.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Board Regular

Quote:

Hi Chad/Colonel Toon. :lol:
Old 01-02-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Jeremyh sure is a judgemental little fellow! Such people are usually quick to judge because of a personality defect or moral conflict. Kind of like the gay hating Senator from Idaho who got caught soliciting a male cop in the Minneapolis Airport.

Some guy once said, "Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you."

This guy is trying to make a living he doesn't need you questioning his character or calling him a low life.

Quote:

Quote:

so are you saying its ok if he bends the book how would you feel if a truck driver had lied on his logs and fell asleep and killed your family?
woud you just say well he is just tryin to make a living?

look i have family on the road and to me a driver lying on his logs should be dealt with the same way as someone who is charged with attempting to kill with a deadly weapon because that is what they are doing meaning to or not

Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 AM

I got one for ya, why is it not ok for a commercial driver to work a few extra hrs, but it's ok for a nurse, doctor, fireman or ambulance driver? I understand I have a lot of responsibility behind the wheel, but why are we singled out as being unsafe after 14hrs? Was there some scientific study done that shows drivers are considered too risky after 14hrs? What inspired the current HOS rules to begin with?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker
I got one for ya, why is it not ok for a commercial driver to work a few extra hrs, but it's ok for a nurse, doctor, fireman or ambulance driver? I understand I have a lot of responsibility behind the wheel, but why are we singled out as being unsafe after 14hrs? Was there some scientific study done that shows drivers are considered too risky after 14hrs? What inspired the current HOS rules to begin with?
A Mother whose daughter was killed by a tired truck driver who fell asleep and crashed head on into her daughters car. It was found out later the truck driver was over his hours and falsified his log book. The Mother started MATT ( Mothers Against Tired Truckers) and fought to change the HOS rules.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: k

If the shipper is close by, just start your log when you are loaded. Kind of like you parked the tractor there, or picked up preloaded trailer. That will knock off 2.5-hours and give you plenty of time to complete your day in a safe manner.

Of course have your log ready to go on the off-chance you are pulled over or need to cross a scale.

It would be semi-retarded to log on-duty, drive 10-minutes, and then wait 2.5 hours to get loaded. If it's a routine pick up, can you leave the rig there overnight, or must you start and finish from your terminal?

Your employer will never tell you to do this. He figures you are a professional and will figure it all out.

Good luck from one No Character/Low Life to another :wink:

Quote:
B/c I find myself sitting around in Loading yards for hours on end there's runs I do local and to get there n get back i can do in 11 hours drive time but if I sit @ ther LDyard for 2 1/2 hours then sit unLDing for 2 1/2 hour's I shot my 14 in the ass I'm an hour from home and my book says I have 2 do my 10.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.