Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
unfortunately I turned in all my bills on the 14th ,And was in such a hurry to get on my way I never made copies of the bills for this trip ,and when I call payroll they just give me excuses regarding the bills .
Do you still have your log books with trip and/or BOL numbers on them? If you do this can be used to show proof of work.

I drove for Werner ,which means paperless logs VIA the Qualcomm .
Big jeep Dude,

What is your take on paperless logs?

Creek

They aren't bad ...if you have experience with a qualcomm then you know what macro is ...with paperless logs you just type in a specific maco at Werner it's 8 and put in the numers 1-4 to choose your duty status ....There isn';t any need to keep track of the miles driven in each states highways for road tax...The qual comm is hooked into the trucks ECM so there is no need to record milage for your logs ,
\So basicly you just push a few keys and go the system does all the work you would do with a pen.

The bad there isn't any backing up your logs to make time...There isn't any averaging your time by the company by company logable speed X 11 hrs ...there isn't any driving extra today ,and showing it on your logs tomorrow and letting your time catch up to ...The qual comm knows as sonn as move the truck more an 1 mile ,and even if you don't put yourself on line 3 it will auatomaticy ,and now your 14 hr clock is ticking...So there is no parking a few miles from the shipper or receiver ,and heading over for your apopointment without claiming the time /starting your 14 hr clock...If your dispatcher sends you 5 miles down the road for an mt ,and it's not there ,and he sits you for 4 hours or more on stand by waiting your clock is still ticking .

Come to think about paperless kind of sucks with exception to to it's ease of no paper work ,but it really can screw you , But if your using it your already screwed ,because that means you're working for Werner . :wink:
Old 12-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
unfortunately I turned in all my bills on the 14th ,And was in such a hurry to get on my way I never made copies of the bills for this trip ,and when I call payroll they just give me excuses regarding the bills .
Do you still have your log books with trip and/or BOL numbers on them? If you do this can be used to show proof of work.

I drove for Werner ,which means paperless logs VIA the Qualcomm .
Big jeep Dude,

What is your take on paperless logs?

Creek

They aren't bad ...if you have experience with a qualcomm then you know what macro is ...with paperless logs you just type in a specific maco at Werner it's 8 and put in the numers 1-4 to choose your duty status ....There isn';t any need to keep track of the miles driven in each states highways for road tax...The qual comm is hooked into the trucks ECM so there is no need to record milage for your logs ,
\So basicly you just push a few keys and go the system does all the work you would do with a pen.

The bad there isn't any backing up your logs to make time...There isn't any averaging your time by the company by company logable speed X 11 hrs ...there isn't any driving extra today ,and showing it on your logs tomorrow and letting your time catch up to ...The qual comm knows as sonn as move the truck more an 1 mile ,and even if you don't put yourself on line 3 it will auatomaticy ,and now your 14 hr clock is ticking...So there is no parking a few miles from the shipper or receiver ,and heading over for your apopointment without claiming the time /starting your 14 hr clock...If your dispatcher sends you 5 miles down the road for an mt ,and it's not there ,and he sits you for 4 hours or more on stand by waiting your clock is still ticking .

Come to think about paperless kind of sucks with exception to to it's ease of no paper work ,but it really can screw you , But if your using it your already screwed ,because that means you're working for Werner . :wink:
Thanks,

Rumour is that it will become a Federal requirement soon.

Paperless logs that is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not driving for Werner! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Old 12-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Paperless logs that is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not driving for Werner! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

I don't see how the feds could mandate everyone use qualcomms and paperless logs ...enforce HOS yes , but I don't see how they could tell you that you can't log on paper ...But then again the goverment has a way of doing what they want .
Old 12-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
What blows is that most of the friction between myself ,And Werner was things like Being sent free form messages to DH to a different area for freight ,and not being paid those miles when I was assigned a trip essentialy stealing anywhere from 100-300 miles of pay from me ...Or sending me a to recover an empty , But never paying those miles either ,and then many times sending me to a shipper to get loaded ,and having to sit 4-6 hours only to be "swapped" with an O/O 20 miles down the road ,and getting paid nothing for my part/time on the load .
Every OTR driver I run into says that crap is all "part of the job". Well, it's part of my job too but I get paid for it with overtime after 8/40 hours thanks to the union. But the very same drivers say unions are bad and they don't need organization. :roll:

Quote:
It's these instances that caused me to not have a good working relationship with my dispatcher and they would not let me switch claiming they had no other open boards for 48/Canada .He was rather shady and screwed me more than a few times , And on the 14th of November I had little patience left for his B.S. /lies screwing me out of money ,And while he was yelling at me on the phone I hung up on him ,And this bruised his ego ,and initiated my termination...problem I'm having now is no good reputable company will give me a chance due to the termination ,Which I have been honest with every employer on my applications about the termination , And the only company in the last month that accepted my apllication turned out to be a company that seemed to have questionable ethics , And could have been more trouble than being unemployed .
This is why I say over and over again not to work for these $hitbag outfits like Werner. As soon as you don't agree to play their games, they throw a hissy-fit and blackball you. Who's word do you think your next employer is going to take? Yours or Werner's?

That's ok that they ruined my ability to get a job I still have enough cash to buy ebough Ammo for my AK-47 ,and gas to reach omaha ... :lol:
Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

I don't see how the feds could mandate everyone use qualcomms and paperless logs ...enforce HOS yes , but I don't see how they could tell you that you can't log on paper ...But then again the goverment has a way of doing what they want .
I see your point, but there is some real serious dialog taking place regarding EOBR and AOBRD becoming standard equipment. :?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see your point, but there is some real serious dialog taking place regarding EOBR and AOBRD becoming standard equipment. :?

Qualcomm is great when it's not directly hooked into your ECM ,and used for log purpouses , As it is nice for trip info/communication , But that's all it's good for .
Old 12-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Totally forgot you worked for the Big Blue Screw. Sorry.

I know this is a day late and a few dollars short for your current situation trying to collect your back pay, but in the future carry a journal and every trip record in it:

Date Dispatched
Date delivered/dropped.
Location picked up
Location dropped
empty, loaded and total trip miles
trailer number
trip number
BOL number(s)
Any extra pay due for the trip (unloading, extra stops, detention, etc)

If you have a lap top you can of course use it, just be sure to backup that data after every trip. Also if you carry a laptop on the truck, at the very least carry a scanner, if not a 3 in 1 printer, so you can scan in your BOL's and any reciepts.

If you do not carry a laptop then get a copier or 3 in 1 that will make copies w/o a PC.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I know this is a day late and a few dollars short for your current situation trying to collect your back pay, but in the future carry a journal and every trip record in it:

Date Dispatched
Date delivered/dropped.
Location picked up
Location dropped
trailer number
trip number
BOL number(s)

If you have a lap top you can of course use it, just be sure to backup that data after every trip. Also if you carry a laptop on the truck, at the very least carry a scanner, if not a 3 in 1 printer, so you can scan in your BOL's and any reciepts.

If you do not carry a laptop then get a copier or 3 in 1 that will make copies w/o a PC.
I recommend Epson RX595 All-in-one

sorry about the Warner No Hassle but then again no Legal Documentation Problem----it too slipped my mind as well---puts you in a pickle.
1 more Plus to using Transflow--you get to keep all the original documents.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Date Dispatched
Date delivered/dropped.
Location picked up
Location dropped
trailer number
trip number
BOL number(s)

Uturn had the right suggestion with keeping the journal. Besides what he suggested you record, the thing I would include would be odometer recordings, for the start of each trip, as well as for each border crossing. The odometer record would help back up your mileage pay.

As far as your missing pay goes, file with the Colorado Employment Commission. Lot's of Werner trucks move through Colorado everyday. If you have wages owed, Colorado is one of the better states, for getting them paid to you.(at least it used to be) See how fast Werner cut's you a check, when trucks are locked up at a Scale for non-payment of driver wages. Be sure to include the fact that Werner runs paperless logs, and that QualComm has all of your mileage and BOL documentation.

Just my thought.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

Date Dispatched
Date delivered/dropped.
Location picked up
Location dropped
trailer number
trip number
BOL number(s)

Uturn had the right suggestion with keeping the journal. Besides what he suggested you record, the thing I would include would be odometer recordings, for the start of each trip, as well as for each border crossing. The odometer record would help back up your mileage pay.

As far as your missing pay goes, file with the Colorado Employment Commission. Lot's of Werner trucks move through Colorado everyday. If you have wages owed, Colorado is one of the better states, for getting them paid to you.(at least it used to be) See how fast Werner cut's you a check, when trucks are locked up at a Scale for non-payment of driver wages. Be sure to include the fact that Werner runs paperless logs, and that QualComm has all of your mileage and BOL documentation.

Just my thought.

What I'm hoping what they claim is true about all qualcom messages being stored for 6 months is true , so the trip which included Dead head from Woodhaven MI to Dwight IL and loaded to Tuls OK ....And then my instructions to DeadHead to Dallas for freight ,as their wasn't any freight in Oklahoma Will be retreiveable and proveable by qualcom record.