User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A WARNING FOR ALL NEW DRIVERS

i just wanted to warn anyone who is thinking about getting n2 truck driving STAY AWAY FROM C.R. ENGLAND!!!!
they will ruin your life
my girlfriend and I started driving for them and got n2 there lease program, with only 27,000 miles on our truck we found an exaust leak comming n2 the cab of the truck THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS WE ARE LUCKY WE WERE NOT KILLED, we told our driver manager we needed to get the truck in the shop right away it was not safe to drive.

5 min later he called my girlfriends cell phone and said
"this load cannot be late and there is no other teams in salt lake city,
your just going to have to roll the windows down and keep going, you can stop and get it fixed AFTER you deliver this load in MA."

well, there was no way in hell we were going to risk our life for a load of dunk'n donuts mini hashbrowns
so we put our truck in the shop anyway, 2days later we were told that we have been terminated from c.r england.
we started to send applications to some other companies and i was told by one of them that c.r. england was putting bad information about us on our DAC reports and we were going to have a very hard time finding another driving job.

so if your considering getting n2 the trucking industry make sure you research any company you thinking about joining look them up at
ripoffreport.com

there are some good companies out there, but england is not one of them
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member

you are entitled by law to submit a rebuttal/ dispute the comments placed on
your DAC.

yes, carbon monoxide poisoning is a danger--I'd always advise buying a battery powered CO/smoke detector and having one in the cab of any truck I was planning on sleeping in.

a good pre-trip inspection--b4 you accepted that load--could have found it.
Usually it's leaking from one of the two- flex line-fittings. Can't imagine why,
you'd be setting so long (at a dealer?) for that fix. Usually only takes couple hours tops at TA, Petro to replace that....mostly just waiting to be NeXT.

also, a little research before you jumped into that lease and you'd KNOWN to stay away from them.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh no!!!
Not CRE!!!
You don't have to look very hard to be steered clear of them!
New drivers....study up, ask questions of the company you are planning to drive for!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: A WARNING FOR ALL NEW DRIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVYMETAL
i just wanted to warn anyone who is thinking about getting n2 truck driving STAY AWAY FROM C.R. ENGLAND!!!!
they will ruin your life
my girlfriend and I started driving for them and got n2 there lease program, with only 27,000 miles on our truck we found an exaust leak comming n2 the cab of the truck THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS WE ARE LUCKY WE WERE NOT KILLED, we told our driver manager we needed to get the truck in the shop right away it was not safe to drive.

your just going to have to roll the windows down and keep going, you can stop and get it fixed AFTER you deliver this load in MA."

well, there was no way in hell we were going to risk our life for a load of dunk'n donuts mini hashbrowns
so we put our truck in the shop anyway, 2days later we were told that we have been terminated from c.r england.
we started to send applications to some other companies and i was told by one of them that c.r. england was putting bad information about us on our DAC reports and we were going to have a very hard time finding another driving job.

so if your considering getting n2 the trucking industry make sure you research any company you thinking about joining look them up at
ripoffreport.com

I have to rant on this one.

It isn't CR Englands fault you had truck problems. You would have noticed this problem if you did a proper PTI. Your only job as a truck driver is to get freight from point A to point B on time. If you can't do that, yeah you should be fired.

As a truck driver you are the captain of your ship. Sometimes you have to be creative to keep moving. Find the leak and plug the hole. If you can't find the leak, crack the windows. You have a heater to keep warm.

I don't feel sorry for you. Sorry, just my opinion.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree with been, apart of being a truck driver is to make sure your equipment is SAFE to operate. You can overcome an exhaust leak by cracking the windows especially the sleeper windows and vents to allow fresh air into the cab! If they didn't want to fix the truck you should have told safety about it.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
I agree with been, apart of being a truck driver is to make sure your equipment is SAFE to operate. You can overcome an exhaust leak by cracking the windows especially the sleeper windows and vents to allow fresh air into the cab! If they didn't want to fix the truck you should have told safety about it.
It's a common problem driving truck and it's a problem that an experienced driver knows how to avoid but deal with it when it happens. I've had worse problems, but I know it's not the company's fault and I don't blame them but I continued and got the loads delivered on time. Things happen and you have to deal with them.

When you think your having problems or having a bad day. Think about the driver's driving back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. No power steering. No A/C. No air-ride. Crap 2 lane roads. No big truck stops. Trucks with no power and transmission's with 2 sticks. Sleepers the size of coffins. Drivers today are a bunch of sissy's and will shut down for anything.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah you do got a good point. It causes drivers today are spoiled with LUXURIES. Hell I can go without ac and heat no problem at all, I don't need those two items. The past few cars my mom has owned had no ac so I'm use to it. I know riding without air ride is rough especially in the passenger seat when it's not air ride and I rode in a 69 Mack R Series and a early 80's Mack Superliner and I enjoyed the ride better than I did of a new Mack Vision. Drivers were much more fatigued at the end of the day back in the 50's-70's cause driving a truck back then was physical labor. Driving a truck today doesn't require much physical labor cause of power steering, range/splitter controls, and autoshifts. I know I'm young but if I could go back to them days of trucking I would in a heartbeat because those were the best times to be a driver for alot of reasons. Honestly Ben in my generation it's much worse cause kids today are very spoiled cause they get everything they want. When they start driving they will complain cause their truck doesn't have a radio or cause they can't plug their ipod in. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
they will ruin your life

ripoffreport.com

It isn't CR Englands fault you had truck problems. You would have noticed this problem if you did a proper PTI. Your only job as a truck driver is to get freight from point A to point B on time. If you can't do that, yeah you should be fired.

As a truck driver you are the captain of your ship. Sometimes you have to be creative to keep moving. Find the leak and plug the hole. If you can't find the leak, crack the windows. You have a heater to keep warm.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
they will ruin your life

ripoffreport.com

The only fitting comment I can make on your post is, what a jackass.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
The only fitting comment I can make on your post is, what a jackass.
Kanajj, Think about this for a moment. They are team drivers, team drivers are used to keep the truck moving for long hauls and expedited freight.

Exhaust leak + moving truck = Your not going to die.

All they had to do was crack the windows and keep rolling. They took it to the shop but why didn't it get fixed so they could finish the run? Just like Double L said it takes longer to physically get the truck in the shop than it does to fix an exhaust leak.

They are only telling half of the story and you know it. Then they come here and trash CR England for dinging their DAC when they deserve it.