Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Headborg said:

Quote:
small point here:
Co- carbon monoxide--is ordorless--that's why it kills you in your sleep.
yes--the exhaust smoke will choke you-but the part that kills has no ordor.
please get a co detector for your truck.
Yes, of course you're right... and I knew that. I just sometimes use the terms interchangeably when referring to exhaust. However, I SHOULD have said that I smell exhaust fumes in my truck at times.

Funny thing is, I can't find a leak, and so I'm not sure if it's just fumes trapped by an inversion layer over a major city I'm passing through. Especially since I DON'T actually smell it all the time.

Never thought about getting a CO detector! That's a great idea.
if you smell exhaust while driving--you got the leak for sure--and you're getting CO with the exhaust....if you're parked--it might be the truck next to you or even the reefer exhaust from your reefer---they used to have
trucks with "grass burner" exhaust ---it was a real pain to park next to one of them.

Battery powered--smoke/CO combination detector-----Trucks also have been known to catch fire you're parked sleeping. These days, companies have become CHEAP---no Bunk escape hatch--only way out is over the fuel tanks.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Yeah you do got a good point. It causes drivers today are spoiled with LUXURIES. Hell I can go without ac and heat no problem at all, I don't need those two items. The past few cars my mom has owned had no ac so I'm use to it. I know riding without air ride is rough especially in the passenger seat when it's not air ride and I rode in a 69 Mack R Series and a early 80's Mack Superliner and I enjoyed the ride better than I did of a new Mack Vision. Drivers were much more fatigued at the end of the day back in the 50's-70's cause driving a truck back then was physical labor. Driving a truck today doesn't require much physical labor cause of power steering, range/splitter controls, and autoshifts. I know I'm young but if I could go back to them days of trucking I would in a heartbeat because those were the best times to be a driver for alot of reasons. Honestly Ben in my generation it's much worse cause kids today are very spoiled cause they get everything they want. When they start driving they will complain cause their truck doesn't have a radio or cause they can't plug their ipod in. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Leave the "I did's" and Can do's" @ the flying J driver's lounge for some other idiot to get a kick out of; and leave the driving to the professionals. A 69 R model over a mack vision??? Of course you know what you're talking about... They didn't have computers or the internet in the 50's either, why dont you start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
I have to rant on this one.

It isn't CR Englands fault you had truck problems. You would have noticed this problem if you did a proper PTI. Your only job as a truck driver is to get freight from point A to point B on time. If you can't do that, yeah you should be fired.

As a truck driver you are the captain of your ship. Sometimes you have to be creative to keep moving. Find the leak and plug the hole. If you can't find the leak, crack the windows. You have a heater to keep warm.

I don't feel sorry for you. Sorry, just my opinion.
Please enlighten me on what he should "plug the hole" with??? If they could even touch the portion of the exhaust that was bad. Have you tried doing exhaust work on a hot truck...probably not. The hobo is the only one on here who knows what they're talking about. But I'll rely on the rest of you for entertainment next time I'm at the J :idea: The only thing I could ding the O.P for is working for CRE in the first place.

Trukz - A trucking simulation game www.trukz.com