User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

so the owner of a truck that is parked on their property has no right to get into and remove stuff so that another driver can use it?? makes perfect sense to me. but let me say this. a guy goes on "leave" to go find another job, and he told the company he was doing this. and that guy leaves all of his stuff in that truck...he gets what he deserves. why on earth would you leave that much stuff, and important stuff in a truck that you do not intend to ever drive again. i have no sympathy for him and from what i see no one else does either. and in court he would not have a leg to stand on. he is the typical disgruntled dumbass trying to blame others for the fact that he is a dumbass. ihope he gets a better job, but down the road he will get pissed off about something he did that was stupid and blame the new company for it. that is how dumbasses like him operate.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
so the owner of a truck that is parked on their property has no right to get into and remove stuff so that another driver can use it?? makes perfect sense to me. but let me say this. a guy goes on "leave" to go find another job, and he told the company he was doing this. and that guy leaves all of his stuff in that truck...he gets what he deserves. why on earth would you leave that much stuff, and important stuff in a truck that you do not intend to ever drive again. i have no sympathy for him and from what i see no one else does either. and in court he would not have a leg to stand on. he is the typical disgruntled dumbass trying to blame others for the fact that he is a dumbass. ihope he gets a better job, but down the road he will get pissed off about something he did that was stupid and blame the new company for it. that is how dumbasses like him operate.

Please only comments from those that actually drive a truck OTR , and have a clue , because it is a waste of my time explaining an answer to a completely stupid question LIKE why so much stuff on a truck that you live in for 4-6 weeks at a time with only being home for 3 days between trips ...This a question that smacks of a person that drives a desk not a truck ! :wink: Now run along and go helmet shopping :!:
Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
so the owner of a truck that is parked on their property has no right to get into and remove stuff so that another driver can use it?? makes perfect sense to me.

Well said company issues trucks to drivers in-which they live in for week sometimes months at a time , So when a driver decide it time to come off the road with said company ...It is up to that company to display the common courtesy to allow the driver a sensible amount of time to move out of the truck . If this means a few days B4 it can be issued again then this is the cost of doing business where you expect people to liver in a truck for weeks at time.

but let me say this. a guy goes on "leave" to go find another job, and he told the company he was doing this. and that guy leaves all of his stuff in that truck...he gets what he deserves.

So you consider openly communicating ones intentions in a professional manner with current employer in regards to looking for employment outside the company in a professional manner to be grounds for the company to actively look for ways to in effect "PUNISH" the driver for being honest ...

why on earth would you leave that much stuff, and important stuff in a truck that you do not intend to ever drive again.

This smacks of person who does not live in a truck for weeks or months at a time with only a few days home between trips , As it is well understood that the accumulated goods in a truck of a driver that lives on the road for 4-8 weeks at a time equal that of moving a small apartment in regards to time to empty the truck . And once again this is where courtesy on the employers part is to allow a reasonable time to make the move . But as you keep hinting that once a driver decides to leave the employer that no courtesy should be expected or extended to driver , and he should expect to me treated in an UN-professional manner for " DEFECTING" lol

i have no sympathy for him and from what i see no one else does either. and in court he would not have a leg to stand on.

Once again you sound like the typical half wit terminal manager or dispatcher with a grudge towards it's drivers. As far as your sympathy ...get over yourself ....no one is aking for sympathy or affirmation in regards to the validity of their argument ...in other words ....PISS OFF ...LOL And at the time the company issued a truck to the emplyee this is where he is given permission by owner to occupy the truck ,and put his personal belongings in the truck now assuming we are not talking about the driver leaving his goods in the truck for weeks or months it is reasonable for the driver to expect the courtesy of a couple days to empty the truck , And if the employer decides it needs to be "RIGH NOW" they need to communicate this before miss handling damaging and losing the personal belongings of the driver they gave permission to occupy the living space with those personal belongings .

And it is perfectly reasonable ,and plausible for the terminal to call the driver and expess these intentions , as those that call for trucks being emptied can see the drivers status and phone number right there on the same cpmuter screen they are looking at while viewing the truck status on the computer , and with a phone right there next to the computer it is within reasonable expectations for this to take place....Or do you think it beyond reason to treat a driver with respect if he/she is leaving the company ?

he is the typical disgruntled dumbass trying to blame others for the fact that he is a dumbass.

What you have described is not a disgruntled employee , but rather the actions of a disgruntled unprofessional management lashing out in a petty manner at a " DEFECTING" driver :wink:

ihope he gets a better job, but down the road he will get pissed off about something he did that was stupid and blame the new company for it. that is how dumbasses like him operate.

In my case the only thing that was done that was stupid was expect to be treated with professional courtesy the company claims to expess towards it's drivers ....MY ONLY MISTAKE...And shold not have communicated my intentions to my FM like a professional in advance of me acually having my ASS covered just incase they decied to be less than professional . In the future this would never ba an issue if local , and even if OTR I would never give the opportinuty to be treated in this manner again . Now as far as ever being pissed at an employer again well lets stop and think about youself have you ever beenpissed off about how you were treated at an employer , and did this occour more than once in your life...It would be like me slapping you physically in the face ,and saying you have no right to express your disatisfaction with me
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM

i see that from my post you can tell what i do for a living, good for you. what did you do, buy a dictionary today. the use of big words does not make you smarter. how is the new job by the way, i am sure it is a wonderful as you thought.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i see that from my post you can tell what i do for a living, good for you. what did you do, buy a dictionary today. the use of big words does not make you smarter. how is the new job by the way, i am sure it is a wonderful as you thought.

I can see you are blessed with an uncanny ability to open up a non-confrontational dialogue with an individual ...You must be one heck of a tool to be at your companies disposal for driver retention , and keeping turnover as low as possible.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Just get a new birth certificate from the county where you were born.
And let it go

Ever heard of identity theft ? not to mention it cost me just shy of $100.00 to obtain that raised letter birth cert so Werner could send me to Canada ....

And lettin it go is about all one can do , as it's not worth wasting good AMMO on useless people :wink:

Hey, Inmate!!

Don't drag me into this!! I don't work for Werner, never have, never will, and I didn't mess up your personal property!!

Thanks,
Useless
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Just get a new birth certificate from the county where you were born.
And let it go

Ever heard of identity theft ? not to mention it cost me just shy of $100.00 to obtain that raised letter birth cert so Werner could send me to Canada ....

And lettin it go is about all one can do , as it's not worth wasting good AMMO on useless people :wink:

Hey, Inmate!!

Don't drag me into this!! I don't work for Werner, never have, never will, and I didn't mess up your personal property!!

Thanks,
Useless

:lol: :lol: :lol: .
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So when a driver decide it time to come off the road with said company ...It is up to that company to display the common courtesy to allow the driver a sensible amount of time to move out of the truck . If this means a few days B4 it can be issued again then this is the cost of doing business where you expect people to liver in a truck for weeks at time. [/b]
A couple of days to empty a trucks cab?
I've emptied complete houses in a day.
.....and they had been lived in for years!?
Four to six hours, a day at the most!
Course it could take longer if the driver had to tell his story
to all around that would listen while vacating.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 PM

why is it for jack asses like yourself that when someone questions you, that you go straight to the insults? helmet shopping? never been otr? who are you? king to all truck drivers? well that is fine, at least i got my identity...and maybe your too, never know. and the reason for that is because i am not a dumb ass that would leave an important document like that in the cab of a truck. go ahead say some more mean stuff about me, try to hurt my feeling...if that is what makes you feel better. you ain't going to bother me the good buddy.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM
crb

I wouldn't have a problem with them if they would learn to back that long nose pete, oh and if they would stay on their side of te road I don'nt like them taking their half out of the middle.
Closed Thread