User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: pod# 110 -Shared with a high risk in a red jumper.
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
I wish the ignorant wouldn't even post!!! Hell, who in their right F'n mind wouldn't be PISSED had this happened to them??? These are the SAME drivers you hear on the radio preachin laws and giving directions they themselves only heard shortly before!!! IDIOTS!!!

thse types are also the ones I get a kick out of at truck stops when they critique a drivers backing skills VIA the CB...But they pulled through parked at noon :lol: :lol: :lol:
  #22  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Board Regular
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Between Da Sheets
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
I wish the ignorant wouldn't even post!!! Hell, who in their right F'n mind wouldn't be PISSED had this happened to them??? These are the SAME drivers you hear on the radio preachin laws and giving directions they themselves only heard shortly before!!! IDIOTS!!!

thse types are also the ones I get a kick out of at truck stops when they critique a drivers backing skills VIA the CB...But they pulled through parked at noon :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: We're definitely on the same page!!!
  #23  
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 AM
golfhobo's Avatar
Board Icon
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the 19th hole / NC
Posts: 9,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Big Jeep said:

Quote:
well they lost my RAISED LETTER birth certificate while miss handling my personal belongings , And it's not like I'm pissed over a missing issue of PENTHOUSE , as this missing document could have negative complications for me further down the road ,

and 100% due to Werner .

Now it's not like the truck was broken into and these items stolen it's just a matter of a them being shady with me because I expressed the desire to look for better pay and a better life style than I currently have wworking with them . And when I was finally allowed to acess my belongings the first thing I looked for was this document , and when i couldn't find it and kept searching the terminal manager wanted me tto just forget about it like it was nothing . Well I may have no real recourse , But in no way does this take away from my current hostility , and that isn't going to fade for awhile as I can't help but wonder where this important document is and this causes me some distress .
Well, I usually stay out of these type threads, but I just can't resist. Big Jeep, I'm sure you're P.O.'d and to some extent, you have a RIGHT to be... but, I gotta wonder, man.....

If you took this "leave" with the intention of looking for other employment, and you've READ all the threads on here and other places about what companies have done to others in similar situations....

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LEAVE THAT DOCUMENT IN THE TRUCK????

If that thing cost what it did, and was so necessary for getting into Canada, and was such a threat to your identity security..... I'd never let it out of my SIGHT!!

Sorry, man.... but YOU gotta calm down and accept some of the blame on this one! That's just MY OPINION. :wink:

I don't even leave my LOG BOOK in the truck when I go home for the weekend!

Did you leave your WALLET with your CDL in there, too?? :roll:

I'm not defending Werner in the least, but neither can I accept your pleading of total innocence and "victimization."


Fact is it don't matter if i'm taking a leave to find work that pays or I'm just at home enjoying the fall for 30 days of leave

YES it DOES!

...I called my FM and he was ok with me unloading the truck on saturday the 29th in our phone conversation the 25th , But on the 27th the terminal decided to unload it , But couldn't even give a courtesy call asking why truck is full and key has not been turned in to shop , and give me a chance to attempt to empty truck out earlier than planned or end up having them do it .

I'm assuming, by the dates I've highlighted, that you gave them 4 days notice that you were quitting, and expected everything to sit there undisturbed during that time? BIG MISTAKE!! NEVER tell a trucking company that you are quitting until AFTER you have cleaned out your truck! The truck is THEIR property, and an ASSET that they might not want to let sit. YOUR stuff is nothing more than a "nuisance" to them.

Now a driver is allowed to keep their truck for up to 6 days on a leave ,

Yet you say you were home for 4 weeks???

And I once again called my FM on the 25 th with plans of empty on the 29th ...that's only 4 days , and he did saty ok on the phone . So it is not my fault I thought my stuff to be secure in the truck only to have it rifled through by the shop to open it up on the 27th this is their fault As communication was supplied on my end , and on the phone it was OK with my FM not my fault they did something different than communicated .

Nope... it was WAY past the 6 day limit.

Now why would i leave this document in the truck...Well it's no less safe than If it was left in cheap appartment in Denver .

I agree, but that doesn't help your case. I wouldn't leave this document in EITHER!

And because this document is suposed to be with me every time I go out just in case I'm sent to Canada I leave it stored in a folder with other documents on a shelve ...However because the Birth Cert has not been used in moths it's not exactly a fresh thing on my mind at midnight after a long day ,So I never thought to grab the folder B4 heading home.

My truck has a "folder" of permits and licenses and such. NONE of them apply to me personally. I can only think of 3 documents that apply to me personally, CDL, medical card, and birth certificate. How hard is it to keep these together, and ON MY PERSON??

Say what you will but the truck was left on gated security patroled property locked up tight , and it's not like it was broken into by thieves if this was the case it would be just an unfortunate instance and no ones fault after all these items can be stolen at your house by thieves breaking into your un guarded home . But that's not the case they were lost during the un-authorized handling of the shop , And this is not my fault , As it was Ok 'd with my FM , and I had no reason to think this would occour .

EVERY truck is "keyed" with access by the company. Heck, MANY trucks can be opened with a key from a DIFFERENT truck or company! I lock up my truck everytime I return it to the yard, yet when I arrive to go "out" on a trip, it has been washed, greased, hooked up, and moved. :roll:

Now I have every right to be annoyed , But there isn't much that can be done now ...However I have my local job , and I'm just waiting on my drug screen to come back to start work , And I'm going to call the creditors tomorrow to see what I can do to safeguard myself from the stolen document should it find it's way into the hands of a person wanting to commit ID fraud , and hurt me credit wise .

You mean the LOST document, right? Since, as you say, it was a "protected property" you cannot prove it was "stolen."

And don't think that I don't kick myself in the A$$ for trusting Werner to do right ...That was very bad judgement on my part.

NOW you are starting to get the picture!
__________________
Remember... friends are few and far between.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
  #24  
Old 10-09-2007, 12:57 AM
golfhobo's Avatar
Board Icon
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the 19th hole / NC
Posts: 9,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
I wish the ignorant wouldn't even post!!! Hell, who in their right F'n mind wouldn't be PISSED had this happened to them??? These are the SAME drivers you hear on the radio preachin laws and giving directions they themselves only heard shortly before!!! IDIOTS!!!
I SURE hope you are not talking about ME... or calling me "ignorant" or an "idiot."
__________________
Remember... friends are few and far between.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
  #25  
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: pod# 110 -Shared with a high risk in a red jumper.
Posts: 2,259
Default

Hey Golfhobo I think i there is a miss understandin on the time line thing...I was not home for 4 weeks this is the time line of events...


about 5 weeks prior to september 23rd I mentioned taking a leave to look for local to my FM on the Phone..this would be about august 23rd .

I was out from AUG 24th until sept 23rd

On the day I returned. September 23rd (sunday) 4.5 days late ....And the day I went home which is about 70 miles from terminal . MY FM Was not AVL until the 25th of Sept (TUES)...i called him on the 25th of SEPT just 2 days into the 5 days I had earned from being out since the 24th of AUG . This was my first opportunity to confirm that I was going to...GO ON a leave ...STARTING the 25th of SEPTEMBER...


So to cleriify I was not on leave for 4 weeks B4 they did this I was on home time for 2 days of the five I earned for being out since the 24 of AUG , and called my FM to communicate that i indeed was going to take thje leave of abscence I mentioned the prior month to hunt for local . Now in this conversation on the 25th of SEPT my FM was told I wanted to empty truck on the 29th (SUN) just 4 days from the date I called him and (STARTED MY LEAVE) and only 2 days into my 5 days of hometrime And he said Ok that's fine. And on the 27th just 2 day into my leave ,and 2 days after calling ny FM they Emtied the truck without so much as a call.


In conclusion I could have just not said I was going to take a leave and made Avl for 1 extra day late (SAT) And went down and emptied the truck ,and been good , But I kept werner in the loop , so no freight was assigned to me causing a late or problems for the planner ,And it screwed me for being professional.
  #26  
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere between Rochester NY and Gaults' Gulch
Posts: 2,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
I wish the ignorant wouldn't even post!!! Hell, who in their right F'n mind wouldn't be PISSED had this happened to them??? These are the SAME drivers you hear on the radio preachin laws and giving directions they themselves only heard shortly before!!! IDIOTS!!!

thse types are also the ones I get a kick out of at truck stops when they critique a drivers backing skills VIA the CB...But they pulled through parked at noon :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: We're definitely on the same page!!!
oh-yeh!
  #27  
Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

did you get any of this aggreement for leave on the qualcom?? i assume no, then it don't exist. you quit with no notice. you disagree, but it is your word against theirs, and they will win. since you have nothing to back it up with.
  #28  
Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: pod# 110 -Shared with a high risk in a red jumper.
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
did you get any of this aggreement for leave on the qualcom?? i assume no, then it don't exist. you quit with no notice. you disagree, but it is your word against theirs, and they will win. since you have nothing to back it up with.

Lets get it correct I never....QUIT....and currently while I sit here typing waiting for my Drug test results to come back before I start my new job I am still an emplyee at Werner listed as being on ...LEAVE...So it was not a mistake where I got listed a quiting . And at werner you don't need an "AGREEMENT" to go on leave as you can take up to 30 days at anytime you just have to tell your FM you are taking the leave , But it does not require permission , as it is company policy that allows this 30 day leave So it's not something special I need permission from my FM to do . However after 6 days your truck must be turned in ...Now as far as my word VS theirs it's by their own admission they emtied the truck anb handled my possesions without permission...And guess what , because my stiff was legaly in that truck , and they removed it without my presence, permission ,Or knwledge and they themselves have documented doing this they put themselves responsible for any missing or damaged items claimed by the owner . Infact when they emptied the truck they were by law ...STEALING....and when they put these goods in their storage facility they were in fact accepting....STOLEN GOODS...and if I had called the police while my belongings were in their possesion , and i was not being given acess to them I could have filed charges that day...I did not ...


In this situation most Drivers go ape shit and put themselves in a position to get into legal trouble by either lashing out in a violent manner at the management or doing petty vandalism to the equipment ( the truck) and these actions make taking lega action hard on the driver as his actions make it possible for Werner to the same...I did not , So had I wanted to pursue the matter there was no legal footing for Werner to grab hold of...However I'm aware of how hard an employer like werner can make getting another job , So I did nothing other than mildly gripe , And type my post on this message board to blow off steam ...Heck you never know , As much as I would hate going back I would hate to completely burn that bridge of employment if it ever did turn out top be my only option .



And my only gripe was the missing Birth Cert , and not knowing where it went , As this document is gold in the wrong hands , And this missing document could potentially cause me problems in the future depending on where it is now . Had this document not been lost I would not have been angry enough to even post or voice my disatisfaction over the miss-handling of my posssesions .
  #29  
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

i am sorry, i did not know that you owned the truck that said "werner" on the door. i fully understand now...it was your truck that you owned, so it was breaking and entering on their part, right? hell take them no good theiving basturds to court...i think you have a case!!! but then again i am just a dumb truck driver, i may be wrong. you are obviously the smart lawyer here.
  #30  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: pod# 110 -Shared with a high risk in a red jumper.
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i am sorry, i did not know that you owned the truck that said "werner" on the door. i fully understand now...it was your truck that you owned, so it was breaking and entering on their part, right? hell take them no good theiving basturds to court...i think you have a case!!! but then again i am just a dumb truck driver, i may be wrong. you are obviously the smart lawyer here.

If a person rents an apartment and doesn't pay the rent ,and eventually gets evicted the owners can not not just come and take the evicted occupants belongings and do with what they please with them without giving a chance to remove belongings ,and this opportunity must be documented or it's considred stealing when the goods are taken ...same applies to the truck.
Closed Thread





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.