User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What it boils down to is the fact that EVERYONE feels their job is worse then the next! Personally, I started out delivering pop for Coke for 5 1/2 years. Rain, shine, snow..... it didn't matter!!! Now THAT is a crappy job! I delivered bulk for them as well.... which was more out of the elements, but dealt with A MILLION other vendors and sat for hours at times trying to make a delivery..... also blows!!! Now I drive a day cab.... I'm a "short haul" driver.... usually no more then a 5hr. drive one way! Its A LOT nicer then my previous endeavors.... BELIEVE THAT! I drive day/night.... it doesn't matter!!! Its simple.... if you simply cannot maintain yourself and be responsible enough to do what it takes for the position YOU put yourself in..... STOP CRYIN/WHINNIN.... suck it up.... and move on!!! Geesh!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
but dealt with A MILLION other vendors and sat for hours at times trying to make a delivery..... also blows!!!
When Walmart goes to "drop and go delivers", I'll be happy. Until then, I will tie up the dock for 2 hours(paid) while the reciever makes me open every case and they scan it.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Its simple.... if you simply cannot maintain yourself and be responsible enough to do what it takes for the position YOU put yourself in..... STOP CRYIN/WHINNIN.... suck it up.... and move on!!! Geesh!!!!
Come back in a few years after you've managed NOT to get more tickets in one year than most people get in a LIFETIME! Until you can manage to be a safe driver YOURSELF, please don't tell us to be "responsible." :roll:

Old 09-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
but dealt with A MILLION other vendors and sat for hours at times trying to make a delivery..... also blows!!!
When Walmart goes to "drop and go delivers", I'll be happy. Until then, I will tie up the dock for 2 hours(paid) while the reciever makes me open every case and they scan it.

I know thats right, hahaha!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Its simple.... if you simply cannot maintain yourself and be responsible enough to do what it takes for the position YOU put yourself in..... STOP CRYIN/WHINNIN.... suck it up.... and move on!!! Geesh!!!!
Come back in a few years after you've managed NOT to get more tickets in one year than most people get in a LIFETIME! Until you can manage to be a safe driver YOURSELF, please don't tell us to be "responsible." :roll:
Hmm... in the last year I've only recieved 1 ticket! So WOW... the "most people" that you speak of must be next to GODLY!!! And US.... hmm... again, its funny that none of my posts were directed towards YOU??? Fact is, you've been on my D**K like a slimy lizzard since day one! So from this post forward I will be ignoring ALL of your posts.... TROLL!!! (Unkut unzips pants, pulls em slightly down, pulls back middle finger onto thumb, then pretty swiftly and sternly thumps Greg3564 from his testes!!!)
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 AM

i agree with you that the city p/d is the best IMO.... working at night i have no life and it sucks....

But it might change soon because i have an job offering for a local DAY job with same pay as conway..... I hope for the best...[/quote]

Hauling what? Some local day jobs are worse then working LTL linehaul at night(foodservice delivery comes to mind. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt,4 years and am done counting )[/quote]

i have learned to keep my mouth shut until i know more.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Matt

i have learned to keep my mouth shut until i know more.

Thanks

Hey, sweatin you or coming down on you the way I did wasn't intentional.... nor my plan! Sorry if I busted your B*LLS, but its just with all the negativity, my mistakes, your mistakes, and the mistakes of other truckers, we should all be learning from them!!! Given, every job isn't for everyone..... and I understand that at times you have to suck it up for the money and other reasons, but fr God sakes.... BE CAREFUL!!! I hope that you eventually find whats fit for you and you will be greatful as well!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Hmm... in the last year I've only recieved 1 ticket! So WOW... the "most people" that you speak of must be next to GODLY!!! And US.... hmm... again, its funny that none of my posts were directed towards YOU??? Fact is, you've been on my D**K like a slimy lizzard since day one! So from this post forward I will be ignoring ALL of your posts.... TROLL!!! (Unkut unzips pants, pulls em slightly down, pulls back middle finger onto thumb, then pretty swiftly and sternly thumps Greg3564 from his testes!!!)
As for the whole unzipping my pants thing.... :roll: I'm not queer but you on the other hand.... :roll:

Oh, I'm devasted. I'm on your case because by your own admission you've proven to be completely unknowedgeable about even the most basic of things about truck driving. You have NO right to lecture ANYONE about safety with the piss poor driving habits you have.

Myself, yeah I guess I am "most people" who take responsibility. NO tickets, NO accidents, NO arrests or convictions.

YOU on the other hand......

Quote:
Speed 63 in a 55 (Commercial vehicle)- I was guilty as ever, but who would of thought they would ticket me for 8 over...

Speed 65 in a 55 (Motorcycle)- Again, guilty, but I was on a sunday cruise in the country.... nothin but cows, I mean COME ON!!!!

Marked Lanes (Non-Preventable Accident)- A car decided I was turning too slow and attempted to sneek around me! My lug nuts caught the rear end of his car, popped his tire, and put a couple scrapes on his quarter panel

So whats the word on the weigh stations??? I've always been local, but today I too my first trip from Toledo, OH to Indianapolis, IN for my new employer and I passd 2 of them..... PASSED, hahaha! Because I was unsure if I was supposed to enter???

So I start a new job today and the boss is out of log books! He tells me to go ahead and make my toledo, oh to indianapolis, in run and he will have me one tomorrow. Well I end up oulled over by indiana troopers for a checkup!!! They asked for my log and I looked stupid sittin there!

After hearing my entire story they ticket me for "disregarding traffic signs", a $150 fine!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Board Regular

Well besides pickin through the BULL in this topic, theres really some good info and knowledge!!! My questions were answered........ and I appreciate it...
Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

how did we get here? a guy that pulls off he road to sleep is considered unsafe? seems the exact opposite to me. even if a guy drives a daycab he can still get tired.