User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Well I called my DM today told her am done and what to do with the fuel cards comchecks etc. She said I have to bring them to the pottstown yard. I said ok which is about 1hr away from my house. Then she said I have to bring the truck to the pottstown yard. Thats when I want off. The truck is sitting in a Venezia yard in Swedesboro, NJ where I worked out of everyday. She said if I dont do it there going to charge me for abandonment. How can that be abandonment when its at there own terminal?
Just a question here...what yard issued you the truck? Did you pick it up at Pottstown, or did you pick it up from Swedesboro?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

i did pick it up in pottstown ad that what she said you have to take it back to the yard you got it from. But I did that today so it is all done and over with thank god. Lesson learn i guess.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Glad everything worked out for you Mackman.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Board Regular

The whining about taking the truck back reminds me of something a guy I know told me a few years ago.
He owned a few rock trucks in Florida and would only hire women drivers. When I asked him why he said because when I guy decides he is quit he jams on the brakes pulls off the road and calls his pal for a ride home from wherever he abandoned the truck. When a woman driver decides she is finished she completes the work day, cleans the truck inside and out, and brings the boss cookies to apologize for having to quit.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
hey greg i worked 58 hrs to get that 637. I will work 40 to get 720 so what would you do???
I don't like to burn bridges, but sometimes I'll burn a bridge.

There is honor in dignity in seeing something through, but some jobs are so miserable it just isn't worth putting yourself through the torment. I don't make a habit of walking off a job, but I've done it. I'm just honest about why, and it hasn't kept me from getting a job I really wanted so far. I think I'll be OK.

Sounds to me like this new job is where you want to be Mackman, where you want to go, so congratulations, and I hope everything works out great for you!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
hey greg i worked 58 hrs to get that 637. I will work 40 to get 720 so what would you do??? At my new job if i put in 58hrs i would gross 1206bucks damn near double with time and half. If you got paid 10.98hr and you choose to stay there for 2 more weeks then god bless you if you wanted to work for peanuts.
They just don't get it, Mackman. They'll never comprehend being paid for their time.

Quote:
I said i want to get paid by the hr he said it wasnt happen then i said am sorry but i cant work here then.
Yup. Hourly with overtime after 8\40 is the only way to truck.

Quote:
He also said i can always come back.
Bet you got a good chuckle out of that one! :lol:
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
hey greg i worked 58 hrs to get that 637. I will work 40 to get 720 so what would you do??? At my new job if i put in 58hrs i would gross 1206bucks damn near double with time and half. If you got paid 10.98hr and you choose to stay there for 2 more weeks then god bless you if you wanted to work for peanuts.
They just don't get it, Mackman. They'll never comprehend being paid for their time.
I get it CFM. I just said the RIGHT thing to do was to give his two week notice. He's pissed because he didn't do the reaearch like he should have. As a former manager myself, guys like him don't "hurt" us. It might inconvenience is co-workers, who now have to do HIS work that he was HIRED to DO. It has NOTHING to do with hourly or cpm or tonnage. It has to to with being mature and acting like an adult. Which, by reading his posts about his other jobs, he is seriously lacking in that department. He needs to grom up and take some responsibilty for his actions. He accepted a job for which he OBVIOUSLY had NO idea what it was or what it entailed.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
I get it CFM. I just said the RIGHT thing to do was to give his two week notice. He's pissed because he didn't do the reaearch like he should have. As a former manager myself, guys like him don't "hurt" us. It might inconvenience is co-workers, who now have to do HIS work that he was HIRED to DO. It has NOTHING to do with hourly or cpm or tonnage. It has to to with being mature and acting like an adult. Which, by reading his posts about his other jobs, he is seriously lacking in that department. He needs to grom up and take some responsibilty for his actions. He accepted a job for which he OBVIOUSLY had NO idea what it was or what it entailed.
If the job sucked then I may have left also. Matter of fact I did once just a couple years ago. Didnt stop me from getting hired at UPS Freight, I'd say thats a good employer. I dont think the two week thing is as big a deal as it used to be. Nowadays even when you give notice alot of companies tell you to pack your bags right then and there.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member

My other jobs gregs i had a tanker job for 2years and 9 months and a tug boat job before i went to venezia. I did try to find info out on Venezia and no one knew anything about them. But hey you act like i should have stayed 2 more weeks at 11/hr make them a ton of money then leave. Well sorry that aint happening maybe you think your time is worth 11/hr (which it probley is) but mine aint. I know what a good driver is worth. Yeah 2 weeks would have been nice to give. this is the frist job where i never gave any notice but even if i wanted to i couldnt afford it. Just to let you know the jobs i left all of them said am always welcomed back.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Board Regular

If that's what they pay you might aswell leave.You're not going to do much better if you stay.Looking at your loads you would be hard pressed to do anymore work in a day.I worked for one of there competitors a while back , they paid 23.50/hr when I left,doing the same work.Sounds like Venezia keeps more than their fair share. :twisted:

All those Camden loads,sounds like you were loading grancem at St.Lawrence .