User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I called my DM today told her am done and what to do with the fuel cards comchecks etc. She said I have to bring them to the pottstown yard. I said ok which is about 1hr away from my house. Then she said I have to bring the truck to the pottstown yard. Thats when I want off. The truck is sitting in a Venezia yard in Swedesboro, NJ where I worked out of everyday. She said if I dont do it there going to charge me for abandonment. How can that be abandonment when its at there own terminal?

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
How can that be abandonment when its at there own terminal?
Because you abandoned the truck at a location other than the one that was authorized.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Uturn i have to disagree with your statement about his truck being authorized for only one location.
If he was parking at their terminal in his hometown then his truck was authorized to be there, it should not matter where he leaves it as long as it is on company property. This is a case of the company wanting him to go the extra mile for screwing them over, which is kind of understandable given he left with no notice, as employer I would most likely do the same, however I think he could fight this if they report it in a negative fashion.

timberwolf
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf
Uturn i have to disagree with your statement about his truck being authorized for only one location.
If he was parking at their terminal in his hometown then his truck was authorized to be there, it should not matter where he leaves it as long as it is on company property. This is a case of the company wanting him to go the extra mile for screwing them over, which is kind of understandable given he left with no notice, as employer I would most likely do the same, however I think he could fight this if they report it in a negative fashion.

timberwolf
Uturn is correct and it really is irrelevant where the truck IS. It matters where the company wants it. If you want to fight the negative report for seven years (and with the job hopping and job shopping lately, that's not very wise) then go ahead and show them "who's the boss".. they do not care and to be frank, they have that right to request to have the truck where they want it. So you can win a moral victory and lose your butt, or you can take the truck where they request that it be taken.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
I agree about being rational about it, plus it's not good to quit before securing another job.

Having said that, if your minds made up have some fun with it. Go directly to highest person available and tell em to kiss your @$$, then turn and moon em on the way out. :lol: That's style, you can thank me later. :lol:

It'll be a great story for your grandchildren.

Yeah tell your grandkids you couldnt leave like a professional and how you burned your bridges on the way out :roll: Following advice like the poster says, will secure your future unemployment. No matter how crappy the job, always leave professionally.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member

well good news i already got a new job. Drive a tri axle dump and a lowboy once in a while for a small family owned company. 2 tri axles and 1 lowboy. 18 bucks an hr. OT after 40. Benefits after 90days. I told him about Venezia and he laughed out loud. He said how can you even afford your pickup turck. I said i cant that why i had to leave. As far as the negative report for 7 years i really dont care cuz the dump truck bussiness dont use DAC anyway. That is the last job i will ever have with a mega company. Well am on my to go get the truck and take it to pottstown and then tell them to kiss my ass. 8)

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-14-2007, 05:17 PM

If he had given two weeks notice,the company probably would have left the truck where it was at.Since he didn't they want it at their yard.He doesn't have a leg to stand on.Take the truck to where they want it. He is being hard to get along with,so the company is to.Who will win?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

They are being pricks, it's just a way to make it rough on you. I would make sure to leave a couple presents in the the truck to be found at a later time. :lol:

I'm sure with jobs like that there is someone making the good money but it's not the new guy. I agree, no reason to waste time to see if it will get better when it probably won't.

BOL Mackman!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
its all of them loads look at my pay sheet just click on it a couple times to get it lager. The one load to MD to Nj i had 7 hrs in that load and it paid 77 dollars what a joke. CFM you are 100% right only way to truck is by the hr. that check was for 58hrs come on all you guys out there nows its a joke how many of you would work for that.
You made $637 at Venezia for a week. Your new job pays $720 a week. So you couldn't tough it out over an extra $83? You should have done the right thing and not risk the DAC.

How many guys like you have said that they would never work for a big company again, just to find out the mom n pop companies weren't what they're cracked up to be. Then they come on CAD and whine how DAC is screwing them, waaa waaa waaa! :roll: It's guys like you who forced the creation of DAC. They didn't act like an adult.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

hey greg i worked 58 hrs to get that 637. I will work 40 to get 720 so what would you do??? At my new job if i put in 58hrs i would gross 1206bucks damn near double with time and half. If you got paid 10.98hr and you choose to stay there for 2 more weeks then god bless you if you wanted to work for peanuts. BTW when i took the truck up to pottstown a big shot come outside tellin me he would get me better paying loads. I said i want to get paid by the hr he said it wasnt happen then i said am sorry but i cant work here then. He also said i can always come back. So i guess the 2 weeks didnt mean much anyway.