User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You can always try CR England. Not joking either. At least it's a job driving if you want to do it so bad. Just don't lease and you'll be fine.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Please HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22accordcd7
I'm A New Driver Recently Out Of School. On My Way To Tennessee I Got A Speeding Ticket In Va. In My 4wheeler (85 In A 65, Damn Rental Cars Drive So Smooth
Quote:
It Sure Didn't Seem Like 85)
Heading To The 1st Company I Was With (Usf Glenmoore). Then, My First Week On The Truck I Had An Accident (Preventable Non reportable) Out In California. I Know Poop Happens But It Seems Like No Companies Feel The Same. Swift Just Turned Me Down For Reasons Unknown To Me (They're Not At Liberty To Disclose Why) But I'm Sure It Has To Do With My Incidents. So Can Anyone Tell Me, Am I Royally Screwed? Do I Have Any Options And If So What Would They Be? Should I Try For A Dump truck Job Or Are There Any Companies Willing To Work With Me? I'd Hate To See The 4500.00 I Spent On School Flushed Down The Drain In 1 Bad Week. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
there is a gauge, usually on the left above the steering wheel. it has a needle and some numbers on it. the needle will point to a number, this is the speed you are going. some are digital and will display a number, this will also be the speed you are going, look at the big white sign on the road that says what the speed limit is and then look at your gauge, this will help you determine if you need to slow down
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Please HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Originally Posted by f22accordcd7
I'm A New Driver Recently Out Of School. On My Way To Tennessee I Got A Speeding Ticket In Va. In My 4wheeler (85 In A 65, Damn Rental Cars Drive So Smooth
Quote:
It Sure Didn't Seem Like 85)
Heading To The 1st Company I Was With (Usf Glenmoore). Then, My First Week On The Truck I Had An Accident (Preventable Non reportable) Out In California. I Know Poop Happens But It Seems Like No Companies Feel The Same. Swift Just Turned Me Down For Reasons Unknown To Me (They're Not At Liberty To Disclose Why) But I'm Sure It Has To Do With My Incidents. So Can Anyone Tell Me, Am I Royally Screwed? Do I Have Any Options And If So What Would They Be? Should I Try For A Dump truck Job Or Are There Any Companies Willing To Work With Me? I'd Hate To See The 4500.00 I Spent On School Flushed Down The Drain In 1 Bad Week. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
there is a gauge, usually on the left above the steering wheel. it has a needle and some numbers on it. the needle will point to a number, this is the speed you are going. some are digital and will display a number, this will also be the speed you are going, look at the big white sign on the road that says what the speed limit is and then look at your gauge, this will help you determine if you need to slow down

ROFLMAO: This says soooo much about drivers NOT watching what they are doing while driving. That is part of the job as a DRIVER! Looking at your gauges on the dash!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
It's been a while since i've posted on here, due to the lack of a working computer, and honestly lately i don't have a whole lot to say. But having passed my four year mark in my driving career, i have to comment on this post. I'm sure you knew going in to your training that with the money you spent getting your license, you would have to make a commitment to be a safe driver, and take whatever steps necessary to become productive, and prove to yourself that you can be a professional driver. That professionalism needs to not only be exuded in a big truck, but in your personal vehicle as well. There's no excuse for 85 in a 65, and then to still be given a chance with USF, and screw that up with an accident. We've all had our close calls, but i'm proud to say after 4 years of driving, i've not had 1 incident, or speeding ticket, and i know there are a ton more guys on here who can attest to way more than that, 1 million accident free miles, 10 years safe driver, the list goes on. Get your head on straight before you think about driving a big truck, I don't know why on this day i felt i needed to post this comment, but lately i've taken pride in what i do for a living, and after 4 years i still have a perfect record to show for it, straighten up and do your best to act professional, after all if CDL's were'nt reserved for the professional drivers on the road, we'd all have them.
I don't really think he came hear for a lecture. Of the two incidents the speeding ticket is you biggest concern. Twenty over is considered reckless driving by most companies.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Also there is information on this website regarding your DAC. You can retrieve the information as shown on your DAC report so you can see for yourself where the trouble lies.
If you can get that lawyer and get the ticket thrown out or lessened, you're still stuck with the accident. If the ticket is thrown out, you might still have a chance although it will be hard.

Take care.