User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Click the link below, and join this plan (or one like it), this is the one offered my Attorny Jim Klepper, most drivers are familiar with him. He will help with you existing citation. This can be your insurance policy for you CDL.

http://www.driverslegalplan.com/

So in other words, I just join, place the call, and they get right on this??? Sounds WAY too good to be true... :shock:
Old 09-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

I belong to this legal plan, and he has helped me with a citation I received in NY at the Beacon bridge toll plaza, 4wheeler side swiped my tractor, NYS trooper wrote me for an illegal lane change, (a CDL no/no). (I wasnt changing lanes).
This legal plan got the local attorney who specializes is CDL took my case to court, (I did not have to show for court). The case was dismissed.

Believe what you want this is the Plan that Jim Klepper owns. He is well known in the trucking industry from companies to drivers.

He will give you advise with your citation. If you decide to have it plead down to a leaser charge, You WILL pay a fee for this. (because you are not a member).

Whatever you do get yourself a good legal service plan (his or another) join it and they will help with any more citations you may recieve..

A CDL holder CANNOT afford to not have a specialized lawyer ready to help.

BTW Jim Klepper is a CDL holder.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Depending on how long ago you got the ticket you should have started to receive post cards from lawyers willing to represent you. They usually charge in the neighborhood of $250-$300 to handle a traffic ticket. The fine is in addition to the fee. If you plead guilty to this without fighting it you are doomed. With your driving history as poor as it is unless you work for a ultra scumbag outfit this ticket will get you fired. Most reputable companies wouldn't even look at your app with your previous problems, now you'll be lucky to get a job hauling garbage. You have to fight it if you want a chance at keeping your cdl.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Karnajj said:
Quote:
If you plead guilty to this without fighting it you are doomed. With your driving history as poor as it is unless you work for a ultra scumbag outfit this ticket will get you fired. Most reputable companies wouldn't even look at your app with your previous problems, now you'll be lucky to get a job hauling garbage. You have to fight it if you want a chance at keeping your cdl

Karnajj you took the word right out of my mouth.

Uncut said:
Quote:
Yeah, thats all I have in the last 3 years 2006 was a rough year for me. But I was wondering what the problem was with companies not really being interested in me.... and then I seen my M.V.R.!!! 1 point for each of the speeds, and 4 points for the marked lanes/accident!!! Thats a total of 6 damn points!!!

I think I remember back a little, you making that statement. That is alot of citations and points on your license, you should count your blessing that you are driving let alone a truck. If you want to continue as a CDL holder driving truck, you NEED to change your driving habits NOW. You have to stay citation free for many many years, start weaning these off your record.
To be honest with you, from reading your synopsis of the citations you received, you deserved everyone, including your current one. Clean up your act and start acting like a Professional that Im sure your capable of being.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Senior Board Member

unkut, i would suggest a lawyer and than stop driving totally...
Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Default ?

I take it you couldn't read the signs saying you can't go through town on 70 with a big truck?

Sounds to me like you are getting off pretty easy. They are now giving $500 tickets.

In my opinion you need to get off the road for a while and clean up your act.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Speed 63 in a 55 (Commercial vehicle)- I was guilty as ever, but who would of thought they would ticket me for 8 over...

Speed 65 in a 55 (Motorcycle)- Again, guilty, but I was on a sunday cruise in the country.... nothin but cows, I mean COME ON!!!!
There's your problem, any cop anywhere will give you a ticket if your 10 over and if your in a truck doing more than 5 over, your advertising, "Please give me a speeding ticket." I've seen trucks ticketed for doing 4 over. You even admitted that you were guilty as heck on both, so why play it off as no biggie??

Quote:
Marked Lanes (Non-Preventable Accident)- A car decided I was turning too slow and attempted to sneek around me! My lug nuts caught the rear end of his car, popped his tire, and put a couple scrapes on his quarter panel. No injuries and I don't even believe it was D.O.T. reportable???
Watching your mirrors can prevent this unless you were turning right and they tried to slip by on your left. If you were turning right and they tried to pass on the right, you should have seen them and stopped even though they were wrong. DOT reportable or not, it's your DAC you should be worried about. Any incident or ticket can and will go on there which will affect your hire status with any future company along with your current company status. Insurance can shut you down because your a super high risk and the company will simply fire you.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
if you're in a truck doing more than 5 over, your advertising, "Please give me a speeding ticket."
You're advertising "Please inspect me. I really want to be inspected."