Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
P.S. ,A word of advice to newbiesO NOT CARRY TOO MANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS while out on the road,just the bare neccessities will do if you do not stay out longer than 2-3 weeks at a time
Sounds like your speaking from experience? Typical advice from the bottom of the barrel driver who jumps company's every 3 months. Not every company is out to screw you.

Seems you misread what was written. It seems like you are another goofy recruiter,but I could be wrong. :lol: I drive for myself and have only driven for 3 companies in the last 7 years. MOST carriers,mainly the major ones,are making a good amount of money off their drivers while stealing days of their time. The advice was not to anyone who job-hops but to eliminate the extra hassle of moving extra belongings around. The only things I carry on the road with me are a laptop,cooler,cleaning,bathroom,and shaving supplies,clothes,and bedding. For business use I have a binder,notebook,and a few set of pens. That is all you should need.

I didn't misread what was written. Your advice is for newbies to travel lightly (DO NOT CARRY TO MANY PERSONAL THINGS) implying that carriers are going to screw new drivers and they need to have a quick and easy exit plan when you get screwed so your your not standing along side the road with all of your belongings.

Just a question though....... Did Sheepdancer, the recruiter for the bottom-barrel carrier lie to you when he recruited you? and how long did you drive for JB Hunt? You must have obviously driven for JB Hunt to know they are bottom-barrel carrier, right?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
P.S. ,A word of advice to newbiesO NOT CARRY TOO MANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS while out on the road,just the bare neccessities will do if you do not stay out longer than 2-3 weeks at a time
Sounds like your speaking from experience? Typical advice from the bottom of the barrel driver who jumps company's every 3 months. Not every company is out to screw you.

Seems you misread what was written. It seems like you are another goofy recruiter,but I could be wrong. :lol: I drive for myself and have only driven for 3 companies in the last 7 years. MOST carriers,mainly the major ones,are making a good amount of money off their drivers while stealing days of their time. The advice was not to anyone who job-hops but to eliminate the extra hassle of moving extra belongings around. The only things I carry on the road with me are a laptop,cooler,cleaning,bathroom,and shaving supplies,clothes,and bedding. For business use I have a binder,notebook,and a few set of pens. That is all you should need.

I didn't misread what was written. Your advice is for newbies to travel lightly (DO NOT CARRY TO MANY PERSONAL THINGS) implying that carriers are going to screw new drivers and they need to have a quick and easy exit plan when you get screwed so your your not standing along side the road with all of your belongings.

Just a question though....... Did Sheepdancer, the recruiter for the bottom-barrel carrier lie to you when he recruited you? and how long did you drive for JB Hunt? You must have obviously driven for JB Hunt to know they are bottom-barrel carrier, right?

Let me guess.You must be a J.B. Hunt driver. :lol: I have never driven nor have ever had a desire to drive for J.B. hunt or any other large company for that matter. If J.B. hunt is such a good place to drive for than why are they always flooding the truckstop booklets with ads and even having recruiters checking pulses for potential candidates at various truckstops? :lol: You don't have to turn a wheel on a large carrier's truck to see that they are bottom barrel.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me guess.You must be a J.B. Hunt driver. :lol: I have never driven nor have ever had a desire to drive for J.B. hunt or any other large company for that matter. If J.B. hunt is such a good place to drive for than why are they always flooding the truckstop booklets with ads and even having recruiters checking pulses for potential candidates at various truckstops? :lol: You don't have to turn a wheel on a large carrier's truck to see that they are bottom barrel.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Board Regular

OOPS :lol: .Triple post for those that need to look closer for better reading comprehension. :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Typical response from a recruiter of a bottom-barrel carrier. The more drivers that put up with this nonsense of waiting for a company truck to get fixed without pay the lesser the chance of this practice going away
Forgive me if your "bottom of the barrel" comment doesnt offend me when we are doing so well over here.
As far as the "typical response" from a recruiter. If he wants he can take your advice and just leave and get an abandoment on his DAC, spend the next year unemployed trying to get that removed and having no one hire him. Perhaps when unemployed, he can then spend more time on message boards complaining about how he was screwed. At least until he cant pay his internet bill because he has no paycheck.
Like i said....what that company is doing is wrong. However the lesser of too evils would be doing what they say, then moving on. Doing the right thing, standing up to this horrible practice and going against the trucking company isnt always the best thing to do. Being unemployed, not being able to find a job, getting behind on his bills could lead to the guy ending up homeless. Griping about what a horrible company did to you DOESNT feed your family.
I guess sitting around a homeless shelter explaining to the other homeless people how the trucking company screwed you, but you sure showed them by not returning their truck, has its merits, but I would rather be able to feed my family.
AGAIN...this is what he should do. Tell him to document or record what they are telling you that you have to do. Include the threats of putting it on his DAC and then do exactly what they say to do. Then after all is said and done and he has another job...take action. Otherwise in a few weeks you will be out here with a post headlined "help...my dad cant find a job because of false information on his DAC"

Are J.B. hunt drivers so strapped for money that a short period of unemployment would make them homeless and unable to provide for their families? :shock: It wouldn't take a long time to repair a Dac report. Several companies threaten abandonment on a Dac but never actually report it. It is just a way to blackball drivers from leaving. Reading the employee or lease agreements when hiring or leasing on helps with issues such as these when they occur.

You talk nonsense. I just got job with this EH Jb huntz and I make better money now than at Prime,EH,about 350.00 every week. I make good money with truck here in america. Their truck go fast too,Eh,163mph.Get out of way,Ok?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Rookie

Getting ready to leave the company I work for as well, if my interview with a local company goes well. I'd stick it out. As long as he is in posession of the truck he still works for them therefore he is still getting paid. We all know getting into this line of work that when you request off it's a hassle sometimes to find a load to get you near the house on the exact day you want off. He signed up for it when he became a driver. This is not the typical job where you put in a notice go into the office on that day and say your goodbyes.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If J.B. hunt is such a good place to drive for than why are they always flooding the truckstop booklets with ads and even having recruiters checking pulses for potential candidates at various truckstops?
Very simple answer to that question....because it works.
How well does it work? We are one of the most profitable trucking companies out there and growing quite a bit every year. So I would say the way we recruit works very well. In fact the way we recruit works so well, that we have been asked by other companies to help fill their trucks. We now recruit for companies outside of JB.
Do you know what really cracks me up out here. These drivers out here like DD60 who try to convince us that they know a better way to run a successful trucking company. DD60, what you are attempting to do is like a last place JR High football team coach trying to tell the Superbowl Champions how to play football. To put it simply, DD...If you know a better way to run successful trucking company, prove it! Hell, JB Hunt himself started with a 7th grade education, a lot of debt and a few trucks. Surely a smart business guy like you could spend the next 20 years building up your fleet. Hell, you have all the answers, you could knock JB off the top with your "better way of doing things"
Old 08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
If J.B. hunt is such a good place to drive for than why are they always flooding the truckstop booklets with ads and even having recruiters checking pulses for potential candidates at various truckstops?
Very simple answer to that question....because it works.
How well does it work? We are one of the most profitable trucking companies out there and growing quite a bit every year. So I would say the way we recruit works very well. In fact the way we recruit works so well, that we have been asked by other companies to help fill their trucks. We now recruit for companies outside of JB.
Do you know what really cracks me up out here. These drivers out here like DD60 who try to convince us that they know a better way to run a successful trucking company. DD60, what you are attempting to do is like a last place JR High football team coach trying to tell the Superbowl Champions how to play football. To put it simply, DD...If you know a better way to run successful trucking company, prove it! Hell, JB Hunt himself started with a 7th grade education, a lot of debt and a few trucks. Surely a smart business guy like you could spend the next 20 years building up your fleet. Hell, you have all the answers, you could knock JB off the top with your "better way of doing things"
It may work as far as getting drivers in the door,but just what percentage of those drivers actually stay? :lol: Can you say "revolving door"? :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Senior Board Member

The turnover rate is high all though the industry. Hell, the company Im trying to recruit for right now is probably one of the best jobs Ive ever seen in the industry, 70k per year and local. They have a extreemly high turnover, which is why they hired us to recruit for them. Now before you say "they wouldnt have a high turnover rate if they were that great". That couldnt be further from the truth. Their high turnover rate comes from their insanely high qualifications for being a driver there. Even 1 ticket and you are canned. They only want the best drivers working there and they wont settle for anything less.
Ive mentioned this before on this board, but bears mentioning again. Even over here at JB over half of the turnover comes from drivers being fired. Take away drivers terminated, drivers quiting for various personal reasons....and just leave drivers who quit because they werent happy, you are looking at about 20%. 20% really isnt that bad.